Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM

116 posts, read 113,034 times

Advertisements

These words are mine. I am the author of all of my posts as kaykee. I am legitimatebastard as posted on firstmotherforum. I did not steal anyone else's words! All the posts of kaykee are my own words and my own experiences.

Thank you for correcting the formatting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times
Something I didn't realize until I met my husband (who is an adoptee) is the bias against adoptees (and birth parents and adoptive parents) in the media. The insane criminal person in fictional movies was often adopted, the "evil" birth parents or abusive adoptive parents often come into story lines.

Even in real life it seems that if adoption at all played a part in a criminal's life it is brought to the forefront of the media discussion.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:54 AM

116 posts, read 113,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Please do not copy and paste posts from another website. There are copyright issues.

If I wrote the words, they are mine to do with as I please! I am legitimatebastard who posted on another site. I wrote the words and published some of these words in a book. Also, I plan to publish these words on my own blog and website. As I said, I wrote all of the words that are posted here under the name of kaykee. Stop trying to accuse me of doing something I did not do!

That is the problem all of my life: being accused of things I did not do. I write my own words, and now you people are accusing me of stealing someone else's words. If you want, shall I scan the book that has my own name on the cover and the pages from which these words were printed? Granted, some of the words printed in these posts in this thread were written this morning, but they are still my own words.

What else do you want from me?

Shall I get a lawyer after this website for falsely accusing me of a crime?

Old 09-13-2012, 01:37 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't see how Sheena said any of that. I agree with both what you and Sheena posted. Admitting adult adoptees have issues is not the same as dimssming their bad experiences or accusing them of wanting orphans to die and wanting abortion rates to rise. Adult adoptees have issues, yes, because all adults have issues. Everyone has issues. Many adult adoptees have issues related to adoption, in the same way many adults of any stigmatized group often grow up to have issues around their group membership precisely because society stigmatizes them.

Personally, I've never heard of adoptees being barred from their birth certificates. I have mine in the original Russian and translated into English. I have my adoption certificate in Russian and English too. I have all the medical documentation that the orphanage gave my parents and everything, but they don't mean much to me personally cause most of it is completely inconsistent and was made up anyway. Is this a U.S. adoption thing? Or do some countries bar that information?
In the United States in the 50s - 80s adoption was a shameful thing.

In some cultures it still is. In the US they were often not told that they were adopted. When they found out, sometimes it was by accident - looking through a desk and coming across some paper work and being horrified that their parents were not there "real" parents and that they were not their parents "real children'
Social Workers and adoption agencies went to great lengths to match children to their adoptive families, putting children who physically resembled their prospective parents together, in effort to hide the fact.

Birth Certificates were changed and reissued with the name of the adoptive parents replacing those of the birth parents.

BTW I do not have my daughter's first birth certificate. I have the one issued to me with my daughter's name and my husband's and my names.

We do not know the names of her birth parents. In our case we don't have any interest in searching for them, so it is not a big deal.

BTW There is actually a book "Real Parents, Real Children, Real Families" I have never read it but I know it's from the adoptive family point of view.

We adoptive families are also frequently attacked as not being "real" "normal" or "natural".

Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykee View Post
In referring to the blogpost from which you accuse me of stealing (my own words – some of which were published in my own book and will be re-published in the second edition), you neglected to thoroughly do your homework.

I did not copy and past from another website. I copied and pasted from my own Word Document files in my own computer.

My own words that also appear in this thread on this forum were also published in the following blog post. I take full ownership and copyright of all of my writings, all of my words.

I take deep offense to being accused of things I did not do.
I wouldn't be offended if I were. JustJulia had no way of knowing that you were copying from your own computer, because if it's the exact same post, it would look to her like you were just copy-pasting the post on the other site.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:56 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Something I didn't realize until I met my husband (who is an adoptee) is the bias against adoptees (and birth parents and adoptive parents) in the media. The insane criminal person in fictional movies was often adopted, the "evil" birth parents or abusive adoptive parents often come into story lines.

Even in real life it seems that if adoption at all played a part in a criminal's life it is brought to the forefront of the media discussion.

This is very true. The media frequently loves to make a big deal when an adopted person commits a crime.

For example the infamous serial killer David Berkowitz who was adopted, was always called the "" adopted son of" ....or "David Behowitz, who was adopted..."

So many people commit horrible crimes who are not adopted, and not involved as birth parents and or adoptive parents!

In fact, MORE do, We never her "(insert name) who his the real son of Mr and Mrs John Smith who did not adopt him, went into a convenience store and shot fifteen people on Saturday night"

Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykee View Post
If I wrote the words, they are mine to do with as I please! I am legitimatebastard who posted on another site. I wrote the words and published some of these words in a book. Also, I plan to publish these words on my own blog and website. As I said, I wrote all of the words that are posted here under the name of kaykee. Stop trying to accuse me of doing something I did not do!

That is the problem all of my life: being accused of things I did not do. I write my own words, and now you people are accusing me of stealing someone else's words. If you want, shall I scan the book that has my own name on the cover and the pages from which these words were printed? Granted, some of the words printed in these posts in this thread were written this morning, but they are still my own words.

What else do you want from me?

Shall I get a lawyer after this website for falsely accusing me of a crime?
I'm not accusing you of a crime. I am explaining the rules of this website, which include not posting long quotes from other websites. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I wouldn't be offended if I were. JustJulia had no way of knowing that you were copying from your own computer, because if it's the exact same post, it would look to her like you were just copy-pasting the post on the other site.
It doesn't matter ... that is what I am saying. We don't allow long quotes from other sites here, regardless of who wrote it--which mods cannot prove or vouch for. Like I said, sorry for the confusion, and I'm glad it's cleared up now.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/4604843-post1.html

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-13-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
just now getting online today - I really appreciate the lowering of emotional heat in this online forum, and the increase of civility and willingness to both share and listen to different points of view which have arisen from very different experiences with adoption.

I am learning, and I hope everyone else is, too.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:13 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,309,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This is very true. The media frequently loves to make a big deal when an adopted person commits a crime.

For example the infamous serial killer David Berkowitz who was adopted, was always called the "" adopted son of" ....or "David Behowitz, who was adopted..."

So many people commit horrible crimes who are not adopted, and not involved as birth parents and or adoptive parents!

In fact, MORE do, We never her "(insert name) who his the real son of Mr and Mrs John Smith who did not adopt him, went into a convenience store and shot fifteen people on Saturday night"
That is true.

However, I have also noticed that often when it comes to killers in the press, it is often the killer's APs who will be the first to point out that their son is adopted because they don't want anyone to think that he is related to them by blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption