Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

I think all kinds of adoption - are not inherently bad or good. Some people feel a calling, for lack of a better word, to adopt out of US Foster Care. Whether it be for patriotic reasons or because some of these children are very difficult to place or because this is generally the most affordable option - I applaud their choice.

Some want an infant - hours old. That is their choice. These babies are generally "legally at risk" at birth. There is a time frame where the birth mother may change her mind in most states. And in most cases, the baby will be returned to her. These families are willing to take the chance because their priority is safety.

For others there is a connection with another country. Either they studded the language, traveled their or are descended from their. That is one reason to chose an international adoption.

For others, the age of the child - 6 months or older, is not as important as the safety of the adoption. There is zero risk that the child will be removed and all international adoptions are closed. For these people that is the priority.

I say we bury the hatchet. All parents who seek to adopt want two things - to have another member of the family, and to improve the life of one child or more. It's a mixture in every case of charitable reasons and personal reasons and needs.

All adoptive parents have this in common - they are able to love and nurture a child who is not a relative.

Not all people can do that. I applaud all who adopt! Open, closed, domestic, older, infant or international. It's all GOOD!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
And I think we're done with this thread.

Thanks, all.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption