U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:33 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Grey- I think we will both agree that a vast majority of parents- either natural or adoptive ALL OVER THE WORLD want what is best for our children and love them unconditionally. We both know as well that there are sick and evil people ALL OVER THE WORLD who don't know how to parent, are not equipped for the challenges and who do harm their children no matter how they came to them...through birth or adoption.

In this country adopted children are granted full citizenship rights when they enter the country. There is no differentiation for children born in the USA or adopted as far as the law. You obviously are very misinformed about USA. That is sad.

The law is applied to everybody. If a child is harmed it makes no difference if it is adopted or not. And unfortunately both countries have jails with parents who have harmed their children. Here if an adopted child is harmed it makes BIG HEADLINES. People are furious that such a thing can happen and we demand justice. We also are furious and sad that ANY child is harmed, especially at the hands of its own parents.

Americans are very loving and compassionate people. There are actually waiting list for Down Syndrome children. We open our hearts and homes to disabled children from all over the world so you are very wrong when you say Americans only want healthy children. Actually most Americans are aware of the incredibly huge problem Russia has with alcoholism and lack of prenatal care for pregnant women, especially alcoholic pregnant women. Yet they are still very eager to provide homes for the children born to such women.
As for Alcoholism is a stereotype in Russia is much lower than the level of people with alcohol or drug in the U.S.. This American Public health statistics and the FBI. As for the rest, I agree with you! I know that if you are a citizen of any country, you have all the rights of this country. But again I am writing because I do not understand. Explain why the sentences were then canceled these parents in the U.S.? I honestly admire the American legislation, but only if you live in the U.S.. Because outside of the U.S. The U.S. government does a lot of dirty things and forcing other countries to follow others to follow her, or she will receive the corresponding sanctions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 AM
 
11,151 posts, read 14,148,391 times
Reputation: 18796
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
As for Alcoholism is a stereotype in Russia is much lower than the level of people with alcohol or drug in the U.S.. This American Public health statistics and the FBI.

Or perhaps the US just doesn't hide its problems as much as other countries do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
As for the rest, I agree with you! I know that if you are a citizen of any country, you have all the rights of this country. But again I am writing because I do not understand. Explain why the sentences were then canceled these parents in the U.S.?

Which case(s) -- specifically -- are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
You are seriously misinformed. Foster homes are NOT the same as orphanages.
What is the difference? Cage it and in Africa ,even if it is a golden cage.Naturally they differ and in regions of Russia, there is good and bad, but the essence is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Or perhaps the US just doesn't hide its problems as much as other countries do.





Which case(s) -- specifically -- are you referring to?
Russia has never hidden his problems. But the American media always make mountains out of molehills. The fact that we are a northern country, and alcohol affects the body differently. While the Russian people are quite hardy. According to statistics, Fina and many other countries consume more alcohol than in Russia. But this does not mean that they are all sick of alcohol. You can not imagine how in Russia are aware of other countries, people are interested obsolyutno everything from history, geography and so on. As for the American media, many who work in Russia themselves candidly say that we often write is negative news about Russia, for the reason that if they write good, then read in America will not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Or perhaps the US just doesn't hide its problems as much as other countries do.





Which case(s) -- specifically -- are you referring to?
The court in the City of York (PA) sentenced to four years imprisonment spouses Michael and Nanette Craver. They were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter foster child - seven Nathaniel Kramer (Ivan Skorobogatov), which was adopted by them in 2003 Chelyabinske.Eto is not the first time that the U.S. courts to justify their citizens responsible for the death of Russian children: thus the District Court of Fairfax U.S. acquitted Miles Harrison, who was accused of manslaughter they adopted a child from Russia - 21-month-old Dima Yakovlev.

Symbolic sentence escaped and a couple of sadists Leszczynski, who mocked the adopted children with such sophistication that the horrors that the headers Russian periodicals happen in Russian orphanages, may seem insignificant, but also disgusting.

Against this background, this looks like an angel and a U.S. citizen adoptive mother Artem Saveliev, which no one was tortured and killed, and just put in the boy's hand a note asking to take it back and shoved on a plane flying to Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 AM
 
11,151 posts, read 14,148,391 times
Reputation: 18796
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Russia has never hidden his problems. But the American media always make mountains out of molehills. The fact that we are a northern country, and alcohol affects the body differently. While the Russian people are quite hardy. According to statistics, Fina and many other countries consume more alcohol than in Russia. But this does not mean that they are all sick of alcohol. You can not imagine how in Russia are aware of other countries, people are interested obsolyutno everything from history, geography and so on. As for the American media, many who work in Russia themselves candidly say that we often write is negative news about Russia, for the reason that if they write good, then read in America will not.
OK, if you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 AM
 
11,151 posts, read 14,148,391 times
Reputation: 18796
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
The court in the City of York (PA) sentenced to four years imprisonment spouses Michael and Nanette Craver. They were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter foster child - seven Nathaniel Kramer (Ivan Skorobogatov), which was adopted by them in 2003 Chelyabinske.Eto is not the first time that the U.S. courts to justify their citizens responsible for the death of Russian children: thus the District Court of Fairfax U.S. acquitted Miles Harrison, who was accused of manslaughter they adopted a child from Russia - 21-month-old Dima Yakovlev.

Symbolic sentence escaped and a couple of sadists Leszczynski, who mocked the adopted children with such sophistication that the horrors that the headers Russian periodicals happen in Russian orphanages, may seem insignificant, but also disgusting.

Against this background, this looks like an angel and a U.S. citizen adoptive mother Artem Saveliev, which no one was tortured and killed, and just put in the boy's hand a note asking to take it back and shoved on a plane flying to Russia.
Russian Furor Over U.S. Adoptions Follows American’s Acquittal in Boy’s Death


Quote:
According to the American Embassy in Moscow, more than 50,000 Russian children have been adopted by United States citizens since 1991. Fourteen adopted children have died of abuse in the United States since 1996, said Alina Levitskaya, of the Ministry of Education and Science. “In our Russian families, unfortunately, children die much more often,” Russian newspapers quoted her as saying after Chase Harrison’s death.

Obviously, NO children should ever die because of their parents' actions but, really, I think you're over-reacting -- and your own countrywoman (in 2008) seems to agree.


However, I doubt we're going to agree on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
OK, if you say so.
It is true ! I do not deny that Russia has many problems, But you know if many people rush into a depression, we are not. We are quite experienced habitually and betrayal of our government. but Russia always found a way out. And this made not the government, it is the common people.I Can Tell A lot of negative about the government .But it is not about the country and its people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM
 
Location: State Fire and Ice
3,101 posts, read 4,558,988 times
Reputation: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Russian Furor Over U.S. Adoptions Follows American’s Acquittal in Boy’s Death





Obviously, NO children should ever die because of their parents' actions but, really, I think you're over-reacting -- and your own countrywoman (in 2008) seems to agree.


However, I doubt we're going to agree on this issue.
I am not against the American adoption, but I think it should be more complicated and as it applies to Russian parents. For this reason, I see the advantage of the American system of adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 AM
 
1,516 posts, read 1,847,934 times
Reputation: 3121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Who told you that so many Russian children rejected Russian adoptive parents? Most of the adopted children, regardless of whether they are healthy or sick, adopt the of Russian families. As for American parents. No American has adopted a sick child. YOU know that in the U.S. in two times as many children are children - homes than in Russia? So why do not you are adopting them? I want to answer that question?
I think that we have a miscommunication. Russian children aren't rejecting Russian adoptive parents. The prospective Russian adoptive parents are passing on the children for various reasons. The Russian children do sit on a national registry with priority given to Russians. When a certain timeframe has passed, they are then available for adoption to foreigners. Russian families did look at my daughter and.....declined. If Russis is serious about this issue, then reform should happen within Russia. Are there road blocks for Russian parents to adopt? Is it expensive? Are there excessive beaucratic obstacles? I don't know the answer to these questions and maybe with adoption on the minds of your countrymen and women, Russia can start addressing a problem from within. Here is my question back to you. As a Russian, if you wanted to adopt, can you tell us about your system? Is it hard? Easy? Impossible?

Secondly, Americans do adopt sick children. All the time. Unfortunately most of the children in the orphanages are not healthy. They suffer from a number of ailments---mental, physical, etc. Both of my children have medical or emotional difficulties. My son has had several surguries---one occuring just two weeks after his arrival here in the United States. Due to lack of funding to your orphanages, the children are also pretty malnourished. I've had the pleasure of knowing other adoptive families who have adopted children with much more severe problems and get them the services or treatment they so desperately need.

Why do Americans adopt from overseas? That is a deeply personal question my friend and I think there is a thread floating around this forum that gives you some insights on why people pursue an international adoption.

Instead of getting so angry at all Americans that adopt, please also remember there are thousands of children that are in good homes. It is tragic when deaths occur, whether they are adopted or biological children. Also remember that the court system isn't fool proof either and some parents don't get what they deserve if something does happen to the children. I'm sure that is also true in Russia too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top