U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 PM
 
1,851 posts, read 2,987,537 times
Reputation: 2365

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Foster parents in custody dispute seek adoption

So essentially the foster father doesn't care what Sonya says or feels?
Would you believe a comment like that from your daughter? They were the only parents she knew for 8 years. I think I'd doubt it too, as would most parents. Seems like she is experiencing some sort of Stockholm syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
You are not dictating who should be or should not be a parent. That is up to a judge and family court. Furthermore, this man paid his debt to society, simply because he broke the law AND paid his debt does not negate his right as a parent.
Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2014, 03:39 AM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,775,155 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Would you believe a comment like that from your daughter? They were the only parents she knew for 8 years. I think I'd doubt it too, as would most parents. Seems like she is experiencing some sort of Stockholm syndrome.



Whatever.
Jaded, your whatever shows that your argument is completely invalid and you know it.

The Sonya McCaul Case: Dispelling the Lies | Ethical Christian Adoption

This website can basically sum up the tragedy of this little girl. She was kidnapped from her father and the fact that he is an ex-con doesn't negate his rights as her parent. I hope that a criminal investigation is conducted against the Hodgins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2014, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,341,915 times
Reputation: 6473
No one was kidnapped. At first Her biological "father" seems to have "lost track" of his daughter.

Some how, it seems that she found a "real family", which is not "biological".

I'd like to see the day that some baby sitter made off with one off my kids for what? Eight years? The he - what? Came to? Out of his coma?

Honestly, if I had a life like that there would be no way in hell that I'd go after my kid.

Get a education, live a little, abide by the law - then get married.

After that, have kids.

We have a feral cat who we feed. She lives outside. She also knows where her kittens are at all times.
Great cat cat mom. But we will "trap and release".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,782 posts, read 2,442,910 times
Reputation: 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

Get a education, live a little, abide by the law - then get married.

After that, have kids.

.
People had children during The Blitz...not the most ideal times-life happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2014, 12:09 AM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,775,155 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
No one was kidnapped. At first Her biological "father" seems to have "lost track" of his daughter.

Some how, it seems that she found a "real family", which is not "biological".

I'd like to see the day that some baby sitter made off with one off my kids for what? Eight years? The he - what? Came to? Out of his coma?

Honestly, if I had a life like that there would be no way in hell that I'd go after my kid.

Get a education, live a little, abide by the law - then get married.

After that, have kids.

We have a feral cat who we feed. She lives outside. She also knows where her kittens are at all times.
Great cat cat mom. But we will "trap and release".
Yes, the daughter was indeed kidnapped. The whole thing is a fiasco and it seems that these supposed adoptive parents thought they could get away with criminal behavior against the biological father since the he had a criminal past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2014, 08:48 AM
 
43,012 posts, read 92,345,739 times
Reputation: 30387
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Jaded, your whatever shows that your argument is completely invalid and you know it.

The Sonya McCaul Case: Dispelling the Lies | Ethical Christian Adoption
I can't imagine any rational person supporting the Hodgins after reading these details and timeline of events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2014, 01:15 AM
 
1,851 posts, read 2,987,537 times
Reputation: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can't imagine any rational person supporting the Hodgins after reading these details and timeline of events
I can. The details described in that link are not the facts. It's a blog. A biased "Christian" non-news source. Basically it's an Op-Ed that contains a semi-accurate timeline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2014, 06:07 AM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,775,155 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I can. The details described in that link are not the facts. It's a blog. A biased "Christian" non-news source. Basically it's an Op-Ed that contains a semi-accurate timeline.
The girl was kidnapped! As the biological father never once surrendered his parental status, she should have been with her Paternal-Grandmother while he was locked up. The girl ended up in Tennessee because she was kidnapped. The fact that the Hodgins have a petition on change.org shows that they are probably insane lefties (which is all the more reason for them to be committed to a mental institution).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
 
519 posts, read 596,348 times
Reputation: 957
I'm happy I came across this topic. Knowing the stubborn, selfish, cruel kidnappers of this poor girl were forced to return her to her father just fills me with all kinds of contentment. Their long-term denial of the father's rights is undoubtedly going to leave their victim troubled for many years as she struggles to adjust. I just hope she rebounds and finds her path in life, now that she's in her rightful home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,775,155 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
I'm happy I came across this topic. Knowing the stubborn, selfish, cruel kidnappers of this poor girl were forced to return her to her father just fills me with all kinds of contentment. Their long-term denial of the father's rights is undoubtedly going to leave their victim troubled for many years as she struggles to adjust. I just hope she rebounds and finds her path in life, now that she's in her rightful home.
I wonder if they will face charges for their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top