U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:34 AM

2,782 posts, read 2,440,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I wonder if they will face charges for their actions.
I doubt it, they are the altruistic people trying to save her from her, "horrid" and "evil" father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 10:44 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,985,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
I'm happy I came across this topic. Knowing the stubborn, selfish, cruel kidnappers of this poor girl were forced to return her to her father just fills me with all kinds of contentment. Their long-term denial of the father's rights is undoubtedly going to leave their victim troubled for many years as she struggles to adjust. I just hope she rebounds and finds her path in life, now that she's in her rightful home.
LMAO....WOW! BTW, the father was in prison for seven years of her life. The only person in denial of his rights was him.

Quote:
I wonder if they will face charges for their actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I doubt it, they are the altruistic people trying to save her from her, "horrid" and "evil" father.
Riiight, because they broke so many laws...

Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
LMAO....WOW! BTW, the father was in prison for seven years of her life. The only person in denial of his rights was him.

Riiight, because they broke so many laws...
He paid his debt, it's over. Jail does not negate parental rights, if he were a child molester, sex offender, murderer, or serial killer I would see your angst. I don't understand the need to judge someone who has a different life experience from your own. We all make mistakes, some people make mistakes that are more apparent than others and others feel the need to judge.

Last edited by FlowerPower00; 08-14-2014 at 01:56 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 05:30 PM

29,992 posts, read 16,591,924 times
If we ask where is this child going to have the better life ~ I think the foster family wins.

Legally, I think the biological father will retain custody.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:48 PM

2,265 posts, read 2,773,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If we ask where is this child going to have the better life ~ I think the foster family wins.

Legally, I think the biological father will retain custody.
I doubt the girl cares about your opinion and I'm sure she's happy to be with her Father. These scumbag "foster parents" broke the law in keeping her. They knew she was illegally taken from her Dad. When he was in jail, she should have gone to her Grandmother (since that's who her Father designated as her guardian while he was in jail).

Old 08-19-2014, 08:53 AM

29,992 posts, read 16,591,924 times
Quote:
I doubt the girl cares about your opinion and I'm sure she's happy to be with her Father. These scumbag "foster parents" broke the law in keeping her. They knew she was illegally taken from her Dad. When he was in jail, she should have gone to her Grandmother (since that's who her Father designated as her guardian while he was in jail).
What a ridiculous statement . I'm not talking to "the girl"; I'm participating in an online discussion . Do you fail to recognize the difference?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:35 PM

18,642 posts, read 23,230,355 times
Quote:

I think that the girl would like to go HOME.

Felons pay their debt to society,but are still not able to vote. There are consequences for actions.
One is not being able to vote. I don't agree with this. But it's true.

When people break the law, in the way that the biological "father" did, and did several times; adoption is generally not an option. I agree with this.

Why should this man be afforded lower standards when it comes to parenting a biological child?

He was estranged from her for years, and not in a position to parent.

But now he is ready. Oh. OK. So the child has to suck it up and leave the parents who raised her. The "
'scumbag foster parents", to live with an ex-con with a dirty house.

Really...

Old 08-20-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think that the girl would like to go HOME.

Felons pay their debt to society,but are still not able to vote. There are consequences for actions.
One is not being able to vote. I don't agree with this. But it's true.

When people break the law, in the way that the biological "father" did, and did several times; adoption is generally not an option. I agree with this.

Why should this man be afforded lower standards when it comes to parenting a biological child?

He was estranged from her for years, and not in a position to parent.

But now he is ready. Oh. OK. So the child has to suck it up and leave the parents who raised her. The "
'scumbag foster parents", to live with an ex-con with a dirty house.

Really...
So the consequence for being a felon is to lose custody of a child? Can you, please, explain what law that is?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM

18,642 posts, read 23,230,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
So the consequence for being a felon is to lose custody of a child? Can you, please, explain what law that is?

Never said that.

I said that there are consequences for breaking the law that go being "doing your time".

Not being able to adopt and termination of parental rights for repeat offenders, like this individual, are two of my personal favorites.

Having a dirty smoke filled house? That's just disgusting.

The child is uncomfortable. Anyone remember that? Or is everyone worried about dirt bag dad?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 PM

13,161 posts, read 20,780,088 times
Last I read, the child is happy where she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or