Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 AM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Does anyone care about children or their parents? Or are the only concerns of some judges, that "flesh and blood" are reunited?

I saw this tonight on "AC 360" (Anderson Cooper's program on CNN)

This happy and well adjusted 9 year old was ripped from what appeared to be a normal, middle income home, with two loving and doting parents;and removed several states away to a run down home with a strange man who is an ex-con.

Her sobbing was heart wrenching. She pleaded for her parents to help her and complained that the house in which she was forced to live was filthy and infested with mold and stunk of cigarets.

THIS is child abuse!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-McCaul.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 AM

269 posts, read 480,729 times
How sad. Whether or not the parental rights were terminated legally, this clearly is not in the best interests of this child. My heart breaks for this little girl.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,043,864 times
It is a very sad story, but the foster/adoptive/foster parents are not completely innocent here. The bio father never voluntarily relinquished his rights to her, and the foster parents knew he wanted her back, from the very beginning. They proceeded with adoption anyway. Within a year of the adoption, it was reversed. That was over 5 years ago. They've had all of that time to try to prepare from the transition back to bio custody, but instead they chose to fight it.

Grace: Nebraska girl caught in 2-state custody tug-of-war - Omaha.com

Old 05-16-2014, 01:58 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonderella View Post
It is a very sad story, but the foster/adoptive/foster parents are not completely innocent here. The bio father never voluntarily relinquished his rights to her, and the foster parents knew he wanted her back, from the very beginning. They proceeded with adoption anyway. Within a year of the adoption, it was reversed. That was over 5 years ago. They've had all of that time to try to prepare from the transition back to bio custody, but instead they chose to fight it.

Grace: Nebraska girl caught in 2-state custody tug-of-war - Omaha.com
Exactly. The biological father has been trying to get custody of his child back for 5 years. He has been deemed a fit parent. That little girl should never have been released for adoption in the first place.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,697 times
I feel incredibly sorry for that child, and very angry at the adoptive parents. This is not the first instance I've seen where a couple knows or should have known that the father didn't give up rights and then cries all over the news when years later the father is granted custody. The adoptive parents are basically trying to steal the child. In most cases, I think their hearts are in the right place, but they should have known better all along.

I hope the father is willing to be the bigger person and allow her to remain in contact with her other parents and her brother.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:43 PM

24,111 posts, read 32,460,014 times
The parents fought to keep her, as any parents would. She wants to stay with her family. I think that her wishes should be respected.

She is not a piece of property. So bio-dad is out of jail now, and wants to get his property back?

There is also the fact that the child is accustomed to a certain type of lifestyle.

He screwed up and was sent to prison and now she has to pay for his mistake, by exchanging a happy life with two loving, financially stable parents for a house that reeks of mold and cigaret smoke? She's in another part of the country, her life has been ripped from her; and no one on this forum sees anything wrong with this.

I'm appalled.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:44 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
How are the adoptive parents at fault here? They weren't incarcerated! They cared for his daughter and she wanted them...not him! The only home she knew was with them. Clearly he doesn't understand what selfless love is. He could have remained in his daughter's life, without disrupting it. This was a poor decision made by the judge IMO.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The parents fought to keep her, as any parents would. She wants to stay with her family. I think that her wishes should be respected.

She is not a piece of property. So bio-dad is out of jail now, and wants to get his property back?

There is also the fact that the child is accustomed to a certain type of lifestyle.

He screwed up and was sent to prison and now she has to pay for his mistake, by exchanging a happy life with two loving, financially stable parents for a house that reeks of mold and cigaret smoke? She's in another part of the country, her life has been ripped from her; and no one on this forum sees anything wrong with this.

I'm appalled.
Totally agree.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 AM

269 posts, read 480,729 times
I often wonder how some judges get on the bench.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:39 AM

526 posts, read 898,689 times
poor girl!! He probably looks forward to the welfare/food stamps/other perks he get as a single parent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption