U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 PM

36,483 posts, read 43,636,396 times

Advertisements

I have a friend- an internet friend I have never met or even talked to- but a friend just the same who has been through the endless ups and down of dealing with social workers, delays, expectations, dashed dreams of adoption who finally received a new born!

When she told me I was crying with excitement and happiness. It brought back all the emotions I went through with our 3 adoptions. The anticipation is almost too much to handle...the joy just can't be put into words, and the gratitude for your dreams finally coming through fills your heart to bursting.
Next comes the bone crushing exhaustion, the endless worries and questions until life finally seems to settle into a routine.

To those still waiting--don't give up hope. Sometimes it seems like it will never happen but persevere. It is so worth it. I know my friend and her husband will barely remember all their anxiety and despair in just a few short weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 06:36 PM

10,406 posts, read 8,381,348 times
Good_wishes_to_your_frie#d!

Old 08-22-2014, 11:12 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,982,402 times
It's very easy to get discouraged. Adopting can take a toll on your entire life and marriage! It really helps to have solid friends in your life when seeking to adopt. It's something not everyone understands or can relate to. I'm sure your friend is thrilled!

My DH and I just got placed with a baby girl...despite our very long wait, now it seems like we started the process just yesterday! Funny how time fades away when you finally get what you've been working for.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 AM

36,483 posts, read 43,636,396 times
I wish I could run all the way to the Left Coast to give you a big hug and lots of kisses and to hold your precious little daughter.

I send the MOST SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU. NO MAKE THAT ALL THREE OF YOU.

Believe me it will be worth every single tear and moment you have waited.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,100,369 times
Congratulations to your friend, No Kudzu!

Jaded, thanks for sharing your good news!

I love a happy thread!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:16 AM

10,406 posts, read 8,381,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
It's very easy to get discouraged. Adopting can take a toll on your entire life and marriage! It really helps to have solid friends in your life when seeking to adopt. It's something not everyone understands or can relate to. I'm sure your friend is thrilled!

My DH and I just got placed with a baby girl...despite our very long wait, now it seems like we started the process just yesterday! Funny how time fades away when you finally get what you've been working for.
Great!!_So_happy_for_you.

Good_wishes_to_you_&_your_IIttIe_daughter.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 AM

18,601 posts, read 23,161,280 times
Jaded, tons of blessings and love to you!

A biological pregnancy is more predictable than a paper pregnancy. Having been through both, I can say this with certainty. Once I finally became pregnant I knew that I would give birth to one child. The sonogram felt more "real" than Tae-He Woo's referral picture did....

...until I held her in my arms. Then it was more the same than it was different. We were a family and all of the angst and turmoil turned to a peace that surpassed and eclipsed any delay, or drama.

You are a mother, and you planned and worked for this amazing event with the meticulous integrity that you put into everything that you do.

You will give this child a beautiful life! Of this, I have no doubt.

I could not be happier for you or for this baby!

Last edited by sheena12; 08-23-2014 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: thought of something.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:19 AM

9,167 posts, read 9,237,463 times
Jaded, please accept my congratulations as well. The adoption road can be long and difficult. It took us nine years to be placed with a baby son and baby daughter. Now, I have a fifteen year old daughter and a twenty-two year old son. Time marches on. Remember this time period. Take many photographs and use the computer to construct a family album that your child will have when she is older. We've done something similar, but I wish we had been more methodical than we have been.

It does take forever, but it is the most worthwhile thing you will ever do.

Nokudzu: Tell your friend congrats for me too!

Last edited by markg91359; 08-23-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 09:49 AM

Yes NK! Please send my best wishes to your friend!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Jaded, please accept my congratulations as well. The adoption road can be long and difficult. It took us nine years to be placed with a baby son and baby daughter. Now, I have a fifteen year old daughter and a twenty-two year old son. Time marches on. Remember this time period. Take many photographs and use the computer to construct a family album that your child will have when she is older. We've done something similar, but I wish we had been more methodical than we have been.

It does take forever, but it is the most worthwhile thing you will ever do.

Nokudzu: Tell your friend congrats for me too!

Mark, I wish I had done that too. We took tons of pictures, but I wish that I'd been a bit more methodical.

I read a story of a many who took a picture of his daughter everyday for the first year. At the time, it struck me as a bit obsessive. Now, I wish I'd done it. Time goes so fast.

In fact, today we make the nine hour journey to Vermont to Ohio, to take our eldest to college. Our daughter will begin making application to college this month, and our nest will begin to empty.

We hope for a refill, though. ;-)

Great thing about adoption - "look ma! no biological time clock!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or