Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2016, 12:23 AM

15 posts, read 11,082 times

Advertisements

Hi,
my name is Gaby. I am a retired high school teacher and live in Germany and after doing 10 genealogical researches for Americans with German roots I specialized on finding birth family to German born US adoptees two years ago. Meanwhile I have been able to solve about 80 adoption cases and found birth mothers and siblings both in Germany and the USA.

I generally do not charge for my services but I expect to be reimbursed for the expenses such as certificates I have to order on your behalf, postage, telephone costs etc.

It usually takes between a few days and 3-4 months to find the birth family members and of course I would need a letter of authorization, sometimes a Power of Attorney to be able to order the records that are data-protected.

The German law is completely on the side of the adoptees. You can order any record you need to find your mother/parents and siblings. However, it is forbidden to search for adoptees, but there are also some options to trace them.

I have a ot of expertise and very good connections in Germany and once I begin researching I spend lots and lots of hours on writing emails and making telephone calls. I do not charge for my time, but I do appreciate a little donation after the adoptees managed to get in touch with their birth family. But if someone cannot afford this it's fine with me also.

If you want to you can talk to my former "clients" in the USA. I am still in touch with many of them and some even have become close friends.

I'd be happy to help you also.

Since I do not often visit this board you may write to find-your-family@t-online.de.

Gaby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption