U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:22 PM

258 posts, read 156,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Yes xyz340, actually I forgot about that! Darn it- you got me and middletwin there -- I had forgotten all about the epidemic of birth parents who attempt to literally "force" adoptive parents to start a "marijuana farm" and the poor helpless adoptive parents are like "oh dear what do we do honey? "
Let me get this straight, so you support birth families doing this to get the adoptive families to pay them back for the child the gifted them? By the way this is a real criminal case in our county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
"What would you call this?"

An epidemic... were screwed..legions of birth parents trying to force adoptive parents to let them take their bio child to family reunions that always of course occur "across state lines"
So another case, which I'm sure you will state does not exist, the court decided that birth family does not have custody of the child and cannot demand custody back to show to relatives in another state. It appears that the birth mother told her relatives in another state that she was "co-parenting" with the adoptive family. Please note that I'm quoting directly from the birth mother's affidavit. The court also ordered that any future visits be supervised by our local foster care office.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Correct, open adoption is marketing.Traditionally, it was a tactic used to ensnare a pregnant woman, to finish the sale.

Correct, second parents can reneg at any time, then and they still can.

Industries and businesses use lobbyists to get bills into laws.
I've never seen a second parent adoption. Perhaps can you share how that works.

Quote:
Legal definition of second parents adoption:

In a second parent adoption case a child who already has one parent with parental rights is adopted by another parent(s), without terminating the existing parental rights
I assume you are referring to relative adoption. (AKA - a second spouse adopts children from their current spouse) But I never seen a birth mother have a "second adoption" with a couple. And if you have seen this, would not that be co-parenting?

And again marketing tactics don't have the same standing as law. Matter of fact they have no legal standing.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:30 PM

1,409 posts, read 799,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy340 View Post
So another case, which I'm sure you will state does not exist, the court decided that birth family does not have custody of the child and cannot demand custody back to show to relatives in another state. It appears that the birth mother told her relatives in another state that she was "co-parenting" with the adoptive family. Please note that I'm quoting directly from the birth mother's affidavit. The court also ordered that any future visits be supervised by our local foster care office.
Incredible

Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Let me get this straight, so you support birth families doing this to get the adoptive families to pay them back for the child the gifted them? By the way this is a real criminal case in our county.
Uh Middletwin, can you translate what they're talking about? I support birth families doing what to get adoptive families to "pay back" what? For "the child the gifted them?"
Please note this is a real (as opposed to fake?) criminal case! I'm really worried and need reassurance about people forcing other people to cultivate marijuana farms and stuff like that...

Old 10-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Xy340

Not sure if this will help clarify your confusion about Middletwins post stating that second parents renig on open adoption agreements.... you seemed confused about the second parent --- the second parent is the one who comes after the first parent.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:18 AM

817 posts, read 293,095 times
Quote:

This post is spurious. Open-adoption is not co-parenting. I will remind you that it appears based on the abbreviated discussion relative to the case, that the court is acting appropriately.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:33 AM

817 posts, read 293,095 times
Quote:
Uh Middletwin, can you translate what they're talking about? I support birth families doing what to get adoptive families to "pay back" what? For "the child the gifted them?"
Please note this is a real (as opposed to fake?) criminal case! I'm really worried and need reassurance about people forcing other people to cultivate marijuana farms and stuff like that...
It's either an inflammatory post or they actually think humans are gifts, first families are villains and incorrectly thinks open-adoption is co-parenting. Either way, credibility is lost.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:37 PM

6,242 posts, read 2,243,702 times
Quote:
So at what point would it be co-parenting? At what point would the adoptive parents just be baby-sitting for the birth family?

I read the excerpt...the way I understand it, there would be a requirement of allowing the birth parent(s) ONE visit between the ages of 1 and 5. That's hardly co-parenting.

The excerpt then went on to say that many families develop closer relationships with birth parents, but certainly not all.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:38 PM

6,242 posts, read 2,243,702 times
Personally, I think the whole approach is pretty enlightened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or