U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 09:39 AM

258 posts, read 158,015 times

Advertisements

Many folks have contacted me and informed me that military couples have no problems adopting while deployed. I've been told that these deployed military personnel can audio/video conference into court hearing via Skype, etc to complete their adoption. While I think this is the goal of our society, I don't think it's been realized in today's society.

Below is a horrible story, where a serviceman's wife attempted to sell their infant.

"When Steven Garcia discovered his wife's deception, his sister tells 11 News that was the beginning of an agonizing journey to get the child back.

"The sheriff's department down there got a hold of my brother, who then got a hold of me, and we ended up having to go through this huge issue," Garrison said. "Because she had sold the baby, the state will not release the baby back to my brother. So he can't get his child back because he's overseas, and their response was he is not fit for a parent because he is in the armed forces."

Soldier's wife sells baby during deployment

The sheriff's office opinion that he cannot get his child back because he is deployed overseas is the opinion I've personally experienced both helping servicemen with custody issues and their attempts at adoption. So many governmental agencies operate as the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act does not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 11:16 AM

10,598 posts, read 21,260,509 times
From the little I saw on go fund me, the baby is with the father. He was granted custody even though he's not the bio father

An Army sergeant overseas was told his baby died at birth. It was a lie and part of a cruel scheme.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 PM

1,327 posts, read 774,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy340 View Post
Many folks have contacted me and informed me that military couples have no problems adopting while deployed. I've been told that these deployed military personnel can audio/video conference into court hearing via Skype, etc to complete their adoption. While I think this is the goal of our society, I don't think it's been realized in today's society.

Below is a horrible story, where a serviceman's wife attempted to sell their infant.

"When Steven Garcia discovered his wife's deception, his sister tells 11 News that was the beginning of an agonizing journey to get the child back.

"The sheriff's department down there got a hold of my brother, who then got a hold of me, and we ended up having to go through this huge issue," Garrison said. "Because she had sold the baby, the state will not release the baby back to my brother. So he can't get his child back because he's overseas, and their response was he is not fit for a parent because he is in the armed forces."

The sheriff's office opinion that he cannot get his child back because he is deployed overseas is the opinion I've personally experienced both helping servicemen with custody issues and their attempts at adoption. So many governmental agencies operate as the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act does not exist.

Quote:
Many folks have contacted me and informed me that military couples have no problems adopting while deployed.

I saw this... BS... Who contacted you? Who are you? Do you really have any say/power over those adoptions? I highly doubt it.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:14 PM

9,137 posts, read 9,217,901 times
Quote:

People in this situation need to see a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or