U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 01:23 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,654,133 times

Advertisements

What's your story? How old are/were you? Let's celebrate our wonderful children! I am a mom to both a bio and adopted child. My son is a miracle baby (now 9 yrs old) via IVF (in-vitro fertilization), and my daughter (now 3 yrs old) is a miracle through open infant domestic adoption.

I suffered from infertility for many years. IVF was the ONLY way for me to get pregnant. I got very lucky with my son. But didn't have the money or insurance for baby #2. My daughter's birthparent's were married (still are) and were 32 & 33 at the time of her birth. I was 38, and hubby 39 at time of her birth (son was 6). They have 3 older children and my daughter was the 4th. They were homeless, pennyless and just didn't have the means to care for their 4th baby. So they chose an adoption plan out of complete love and concern.

I love my children to death and I give my hats off to all the wonderful and courageous birthmoms/dads that are on board here!! God-bless you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM

574 posts, read 1,840,223 times
I am an bio and adoptive mom too (hence my screen name, LOL). Our oldest was conceived after a long road with fertility drugs. Our second was basically a miracle conception because I still had PCOS, but did manage to get pregnant without the meds. Our third came into our lives as a newborn foster child and we finalilzed her adoption when she was 2 1/2. She was a preemie and a drug baby, but has been tested gifted, is athletic, musically talented (adoption is the ONLY way DH and I could get a child like this, heehee!) and so far we have had no issues such as ADHD or anything like that. I know we are blessed, all of us are aren't we? Adoption is not an easy road to take. Its actually more of a roller coaster ride, but the end result is totally worth everything you go though to get there.

Nancy

Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 PM

1,455 posts, read 3,574,553 times
I have 2 bio children, and am working on an adoption from Africa. I have always intended to adopt, and am estatic that it is finally in the works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or