Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 AM

497 posts, read 1,693,885 times

Advertisements

The lady from Arkansas DHS say that there are alot of families waiting to adopt my two angels. They are in the process of finding a family. I said I wanted to still keep in contact with them and send them christmas presents and such. I hope and pray that God bless those to children with a wonderful, loving family who is going to cherish them and keep them safe. If they don't find a family (which I hope they do) I still would like to adopt them after I graduate and found a good job. Until then I'm just going to be patient and in due time God will send the right child in my life for me to adopt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 AM

427 posts, read 1,387,726 times
If you adopt through the foster care system there is no age requierment. You should consider becoming a foster parent. We got my brother whe he was only 10 weeks old and 2 years later my parents were able to adopt him.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 AM

497 posts, read 1,693,885 times
I'm considering becoming a foster parent but not right now. Maybe in a few years. I'm still young

Old 12-03-2008, 12:40 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Brit- you said you don't live near the two little girls, right? I would really consider working with your LOCAL foster care system and helping mentor kids in the system there. These two little girls might have captured your heart and I can understand wanting to keep in touch and sending them gifts, but think of all of the kids near you who are not in line to be adopted who could use that love.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,599 times
I am very glad to hear that you have decided to finish your education before adopting. I am a mother of two wonderful kids that were adopted as toddlers and think that it is great that you want to adopt there are so many kids out there that need a good mom and I know that you will be one of the great ones. Good Luck and follow your heart and do what is right for you and your future children.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 PM

652 posts, read 2,663,818 times
I agree with the 2 posters that mentioned becoming a "big sister" until you are ready to adopt. You have a great heart and you can help in amazing ways by doing this.
Kind of a long story but I had someone (not through a system) that kind of adopted me in a big sister way. I had a bad childhood and this girl might have saved my life. I was about 13 or 14 she was around 20ish. she found me one day as I was screaming down the street in just tshirt and undies (my brother was after me), and took me into her home and cleaned me up.
Anyway, to make a long story short, for several yrs she would see me 1-3 times per week. sometimes help with hw, take me to the mall, movies, etc. She also helped me in many cases with decisions, boy problems etc. There are many kids out there older and younger who could use the positive influence in their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption