Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,746,975 times

Advertisements

Moderator Note:

Let's stick to Egypt for this thread and save the Israeli discussion for the Politics forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Isn't it interesting!!! The U.S. has well-known what has been going on in Tunisia and Egypt and other areas over there for how long, and suddenly, to save face, they find themselves in no other position but to lend support to the protests!

I think it may depress many Americans to view the footage of what went on in Tunisia, and now Egypt, and elsewhere, because they know there's no possibility of it every happening here, we're too secretly patroled and controled.

Any number of Americans are too frightened to even take a pee in ther backyards, at nite, fearful there may be a surveillance camera nearby.

If only they could do away with the patroling pasdars over there, what an accomplishment that would be!
The Egyptian protesters want Democracy. So do the folks in Tunisia. Why would Americans be depressed about it? We are already a Democracy so I don't see the American population ever rising up to demand it. We already have it.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 PM

138 posts, read 314,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The Egyptian protesters want Democracy. So do the folks in Tunisia. Why would Americans be depressed about it? We are already a Democracy so I don't see the American population ever rising up to demand it. We already have it.
Well to be fair the United States system of government more closely resembles an oligarchy than a true democracy. However this will go way off topic with that.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the severe rioting occurred. I didn't know who would strike first but it seems the pro-government supporters are to blame for this one according to most sources.

Is anyone out there right now?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:06 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,604 times
As the saying goes He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.Americas answer is supply weapons to suppress the masses.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:01 PM

292 posts, read 635,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
American's lack of interest in most world affairs, has to do with their limited experiences with world travel.

I'm been so rapped up with the events going on over in the Middle East, I've lost touch with what's going on here. Could care less! Same ol', same ol'!
Agreed.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:44 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
I am ashamed to say...I know almost nothing about the situation in Egypt, well, the whole region for that matter but, from what I have seen today the Egyptian people are pissed and is ready for a change. I applaud their courage and I'm humbled. One other thing that came to my attention is the fact that they all are on the same page with one agenda. I get the impression they feel they don't have anything to loose. They (Egyptians) for the most part, seem to be civilized, educated, good people that have had all they can stand and are ready to do something about it. The old saying "power in numbers", I get the feeling we are about to see the true effects.

I pray all ends well.
I'm right there with you! I bought the stable democracy line. Hook, line, and sinker!!! I was way more worried about the fate of southern Africa than northern Africa. I know they make money but I didn't realize the people at the bottom were being treated like economic slaves. I really hope they get their goals met!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa