Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 02:24 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The term Caucasian comes from the earliest attempt at a biologic-anthropological classification of race. Considering the timeframe of the word's origin, it is no surprise that it is definedly racist, though the coinage was not so much an attempt to create a racist division so much as it was a reflection of mainstream views of race and biology at the time which were implicitly hierarchical.

Even humanistic "good" scientists were infused with a hierarchical, linear worldview. Every observable trait in an organism had to be placed into a framework where it was either 'above' or 'below' another trait on some scale of primitive (or inferior) to derived (or superior). But Science has come a long way since the 1780s.

While it is true that by the original definition of the word, Berber people fall under the classification, as P London points out, the term is obsolete and in light of modern anthropology has racist connotations.

It is also not accepted in any science, least anthropology, which is the fundamental study of human variation, biological and cultural. Most use of the word Caucasoid and its close cousin Europid are found on amateur anthropological publications and websites with a distinctly racist bias masquerading as anthropology.
Exactly, I don't mind the phrase Black/white to describe people but I prefer not to us it. The concept of race as a whole in general is well, racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,529 times
Some Berber people are even mire white (skin?) than me; brother and dad.
Like Zinedine Zidane; I m darker than him.

However I m interested in North African culture.. Because it borders geografically with Italy..
I'm interested in tunisian culture/mentality
if there are people not radical religious there.
And I find them goodlooking. Thing I don t find it in the rest of other ethnicity that I don t like phisically..and with whom I wouldn't mate (East Asian and Amerindian) even if their culture is more compatible with mine.
Also I m interested with middle easterns. Such as Iranians.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:00 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,730 times
Berbers are Caucasian they were one of the first Caucasian. Having pale skin does not make you anymore Caucasian than them. It just means your ancestors adapted to a new environment. We are all black

Old 12-14-2014, 01:10 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Everyone please note the Afrocentric word came nonsense. The word Caucasian is still in use in medicine, law enforcement, forensics...even on some job applications. But we are going to pretend that it is extinct so we can deny the reality of who North Africans are. Any other word that one attempts to use- white, European, Eurasian...will also be endlessly deconstructed.

There is nothing wrong with any of these words....accept that North Africans are mostly comprised of people far closer to these descriptions than they are to Sub-Saharan Africans, and have been since the stone ages. The only way to deny that is to attack words and play games.

Meanwhile, no objection to the twin premise that they are black. Lets be done with the word games and say this as directly as possible.

Look at any dendrogram of humanity, and you see that it is divided into two broad branches: "African" and "Asian." There is no mystery as to why this is: most of the world is populated by decedents of the small band that left Africa between 125,000 and 60,000 year ago.

North Africa is primarily populated by "Asians" who wandered back during the stone ages. So let the Afrocentrists object all they want. The answer is that they are from the Asian offshoot of humanity, and that is not going to change regardless of the endless rending of clothes and gnashing of teeth.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 12-14-2014, 03:52 PM

662 posts, read 1,007,529 times
Altought Maori rugby players (that are asian) are very goodlooking

Old 12-14-2014, 11:26 PM

98 posts, read 117,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Everyone please note the Afrocentric word came nonsense. The word Caucasian is still in use in medicine, law enforcement, forensics...even on some job applications. But we are going to pretend that it is extinct so we can deny the reality of who North Africans are. Any other word that one attempts to use- white, European, Eurasian...will also be endlessly deconstructed.

There is nothing wrong with any of these words....accept that North Africans are mostly comprised of people far closer to these descriptions than they are to Sub-Saharan Africans, and have been since the stone ages. The only way to deny that is to attack words and play games.

Meanwhile, no objection to the twin premise that they are black. Lets be done with the word games and say this as directly as possible.

Look at any dendrogram of humanity, and you see that it is divided into two broad branches: "African" and "Asian." There is no mystery as to why this is: most of the world is populated by decedents of the small band that left Africa between 125,000 and 60,000 year ago.

North Africa is primarily populated by "Asians" who wandered back during the stone ages. So let the Afrocentrists object all they want. The answer is that they are from the Asian offshoot of humanity, and that is not going to change regardless of the endless rending of clothes and gnashing of teeth.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
So you're alienating Black Africans and pinning us in our own group completely seperate from the rest of humanity?

Old 12-14-2014, 11:42 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,992,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
So you're alienating Black Africans and pinning us in our own group completely seperate from the rest of humanity?
If anything, Cachibatches love separating Blacks from the rest of humanity, even though all human beings share 99 percent of the same genetic DNA.
Just don't tell that to Cachibatches as he would probably freak out.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Not at all. In fact, I am an enormous fan of black African culture. I was just reading through this when I looked back on City Data:

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/000...6/066613eo.pdf

I am merely speaking factually about the relationships between populations. Since the usual Afrocentrists are going to endlessly deconstruct the use of any term that I use to try to prevent the obvious answer to the question, I have to put it in terms this basic.

I have said nothing unfactual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
If anything, Cachibatches love separating Blacks from the rest of humanity, even though all human beings share 99 percent of the same genetic DNA. Just don't tell that to Cachibatches as he would probably freak out.
Remember the Cleopatra thread when you changed your position 6-7 times and admitted that you had no idea what you are talking about?

If you have an argument, make it so that I can publically spin you around again as I have done several times now. Next Ad Hominem I am reporting to moderators.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Not at all. In fact, I am an enormous fan of black African culture. I was just reading through this when I looked back on City Data:

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/000...6/066613eo.pdf

I am merely speaking factually about the relationships between populations. Since the usual Afrocentrists are going to endlessly deconstruct the use of any term that I use to try to prevent the obvious answer to the question, I have to put it in terms this basic.

I have said nothing unfactual.

Remember the Cleopatra thread when you changed your position 6-7 times and admitted that you had no idea what you are talking about?

If you have an argument, make it so that I can publically spin you around again as I have done several times now. Next Ad Hominem I am reporting to moderators.
I've already proven my point earlier. No need to run in circles again.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:14 AM

Quick video about who the Berbers are, just in case some of you are confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdN20J2twRY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa