Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 AM

896 posts, read 1,394,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
Um, this is what I'm thinking. What kind of low self-esteem bullsh*t is that?

Do we got to have the White man's approval for everything?

Since when are White men so picky?

Please, go to a Wal-Mart or Piggly Wiggly and watch how many gross, fat triflin' White women you see with their overweight shlubby husbands.

The problem is that you associate Whiteness with some level of exclusivity, but that's only true for a small portion of upper middle class to upper class White people. Since when are all White people upwardly mobile metropolitan movers and shakers who are educated and good looking.

Your White people in Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, etc. . . are fat as hell and just as downtrodden as everyone else
I am not talking about that type of white person. I live on the northside of Chicago where I am discussing overall professional educated white men. I know they are other types of white people. The ones I am interested I am attracting are in this exclusive group.

This is why I know to complete in this area I have to lose weight. Now if I was in a more open area where interracial dating was more accepted like out in west in L.A, Seattle I might feel differently.

Location does have a lot to do with it, and that is why I am eventually moving out the western U.S

Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM

However, I do feel bad for the OP. I am not sure where she lives. But self-esteem is the probably one the most important things. You never know, you might get the attention you want. I had only one white guy in four years approach me on the northside of Chicago that was sober not in a bar, so anything is possible.

However, if you know what type a guy you want you might have step up your game, socially, clothes wise, self-esteem and maybe move. Because if you are in area where certain types of dating especially interracial is not accepted you could be wasting a lot of precious time.

I am old enough to understand what type of guy and what race I am attracted to overall. I feel like trying to step up my game in Chicago is almost a waste. Eventually I will have to move to western US where this is more accpectable. I know what type of guy I am looking for and what type attention I like, which is alot. So I know what I have to do.

People say join clubs, however if the person or the overall area is not acceptable of your type of dating it might be a waste. It is a like looking for a fashion modeling job in Nebraska.

Plus I like the weather and outdoor activities of western U.S

Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Hate to break it to you but your theory is quite flawed.....and just plain ridiculous actually.

More than anything it is about location, the overall attitude/outlook of the men (White or otherwise) and the prevailing level of acceptance for interacial pairings that really dictates whether or not White men approach Black women.

I'm from LA and I know a LOT of Black women (friends/relatives/etc) who happen to have White or non-Black husbands/boyfriends/etc and while most are attractive some are not as attractive. Some are thin. Some are heavy. Some are young. Some are older. Some are stylish. Some are not as stylish.....

So having White men hit on you really isn't a measure of a woman's level of attractiveness. Look at all of the White men with Asian fetishes. The Asian women usually are not that attractive physically but the attraction is the fact that the woman in Asian.

Be thankful you live in L.A where people are open. L.A is my favorite city in the U.S. This is one the reasons I am planning to move there because people are more open to interracial dating. My beauty will actually appreciated by different races.
So the point is you are right about location.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
Um, this is what I'm thinking. What kind of low self-esteem bullsh*t is that?

Do we got to have the White man's approval for everything?

Since when are White men so picky?

Please, go to a Wal-Mart or Piggly Wiggly and watch how many gross, fat triflin' White women you see with their overweight shlubby husbands.

The problem is that you associate Whiteness with some level of exclusivity, but that's only true for a small portion of upper middle class to upper class White people. Since when are all White people upwardly mobile metropolitan movers and shakers who are educated and good looking.

Your White people in Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, etc. . . are fat as hell and just as downtrodden as everyone else
Do we have to have a white man approval for everything, no. But people should not be hard on me for this.
Black men feel the same way. Why do you think when they make it big they start chasing after white women.

I know black men who are just with some women just because they are white. My sister has witnessed this and seen black men drooling over some girl just because she is white. This is in all black area.

Look at Kim K. and Kanye West. I know he feels he hit the jackpot.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM

604 posts, read 1,623,822 times
I think West African women are just as beautiful but with more curves.

Especially Senegalese, Gambians, Sierra Leoneans, Ivorians, Ghanaians and Nigerians.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,650,115 times
lol there has to be ONE guy in NY reading this thread who wants to give it a shot sticking it in NYAnna.

Please send her a PM and get it over with so her confidence can be boosted and we don't get anymore of these threads

Old 09-20-2012, 08:47 PM

9,892 posts, read 9,525,303 times
If west African women are considered so attractive, if thats what i think it means, then why do black women spend so much time straightening their hair? And why do some black people consider lighter blacks more attractive than darker blacks? This is black on black love/hate here. Does that make sense to you? me either.

On the other hand, i don't get the thing about white women wanting to look more black featured, by tanning and plumping their lips.

Every group of people just cant' be satisfied with what the good Lord gave em.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 PM

9,892 posts, read 9,525,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am sick and tired of people talking about how Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women just because they have thin noses and soft hair. I am tired of being made to feel ugly all the time because I don't look mixed

Get plastic surgery then.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,789,774 times
I have heard the same thing as someone posted above.

East aFrican women may have better faces and hair,but West African women have the best bodies.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,789,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I say it again in a different way

Most men find women of there own race more attractive! logically that makes sense, So there's bias even if they're open to inter racial dating. And if there a exotic invest it's because the are not the standard of beauty be technical. Hence being exotic there looking for something different. Anyway Whites make over 70% of the US, but in greater most develop countries are in the western world. So globally there's a economic advantage whites have at pushing a European standard of beauty with magazines and etc.This why Western minorities, and people of color around shouldn't strive to fit that standard of beauty.

It's not that "African features" are less attractive if your in a country where the largest male block are white men then the "standard of beauty" is going to be close to white women. If your in a country where most males are black then the standard is going to be close to black women. If you living in a country where most men are Asian then the standard will be close to Asian.

I understand if you personally like some of a different race, Then you would want to meet that individual standards because you like him, not generally the standard of his background. But you can't just generalize men of different background unless generally you like men of different races rather than you own. Because men largely have a standard close to there own background. Think about it your trying to meet standards that lean eurocentric as a black women your basically rejecting black males views of standard beauty.

I view white women as beauty too Lynn Collins from X-men is fine, but again I have a bias favoring black women, generally this is what most males do towards their own background. So a white women should be upset because they don't fit the standard of beauty to black men, just like black women should be upset they don't fit the standard of white men.
White women do fit the standard if beauty for black men,that's her point.
Except,black men favor Euro features too like long straight hair and light skin.
In others words,black men like the same things that white men like.
I think if you put a white women and a black women next to each other,the black men would choose the white women too.
(The black men meaning african american,the african men would choose the black woman).

I kind of get what the poster is saying.
We wouldn't even have this thread if more black men embraced black women's beauty,because she probably wouldn't care if white men accepted it or not.
(Since most blacks in america are descendants of West Africans,i should say West African womens beauty)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa