U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,361,353 times
Reputation: 11862

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Possibly, but I don't concern myself with what others consider beautiful.
What I mean is it's all good and well to say how noble you are for not caring about it but at the same time it's not the same as disputing that it exists and people have to live with it.

 
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
 
35,108 posts, read 40,212,035 times
Reputation: 62049
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
She is from Detroit.
Nyanna is pronounced Ni-anna with a long I sound sort of like Diana.
I think the last thread she was carrying on about the racist way she is treated she is living in Ohio but honestly I can't keep up and don't even try. I just happened to see this thread again.
 
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,033,833 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You and many others may genuinely believe that but the majority clearly does not.
Its quite sad that you are so invested in your neagtive "opinions" of the sons and daughters of Africa. More than anything it highlights your own insecurities about your physical attributes.
 
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,120 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
How do you know that?

A lot of Black men (and I know a few) drool over virtually ALL women.

I've had to defend my mama, sister, and some of everybody else from leering dudes, so the idea that Black men only drool over White women is absurd.

With your logic, why do White women spend all their time out in the sun and in tanning beds trying to get darker?

Why do they get ass implants to emulate the look that women of West African descent have naturally

Have you not heard of Naomi Campbell? Gabrielle Union, Tyson Beckford? Wesley Snipes? 2pac? Michael Jordan? Denzel Washington? Angela Bassett?

There's a TON of dark skinned Black sex symbols over the years.

And Black people marry Black people more than any other minority group in America by far.

More Asians, Latinos, Jews, Arabs, and Native Americans marry outside their race than Black people do.

And how is Kanye West symbolic of ALL Black men now?

Jay-Z's married to Beyonce

50 Cent was with Ciara

Nelly's with Ashanti

Snoop Dogg's wife is Black

Ice Cube's wife is Black

What's your point?



But like I said, I don't know any Black women who can't get laid, unless they're fat or ugly or cracked out or something.

Hell, I even know fat, ugly, and cracked out women who are married or have boyfriends.

This whole "Black men don't like us" thing is all in your minds.

Black people marry within the race more than any minority group, so obviously some Black men must want Black women.

If they don't want you, then I'd have to look at attitude first and foremost.
This does not even make any sense. Do you understand anything I was saying! I know black men like black women. I started this thread stating I get hit on a lot by black men. What I meant is they respond sometimes to Eurocentric features like straight hair. This did not mean they would favor Paris Hilton over Gabrielle Union.

Also, what I mean is there are black men who do drool over white women for the sake of just being white. Some black men seek this to validate themselves. It is not every black man.

I was just saying if black men can do this. Why can an African American female
 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00 PM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,120 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think the last thread she was carrying on about the racist way she is treated she is living in Ohio but honestly I can't keep up and don't even try. I just happened to see this thread again.
This explains a lot. I am originally from Detroit and man do you have some shallow black men there and then white men will not even talk to you because it is so segregrated by city vs suburbs.

Now I know most men can be shallow but Detroit people are pretty narrow minded when it comes to beauty and race.

To the OP get out of the midwest!
 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,120 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
That's Xenocentrism, you can't related African American culture well and you have a favoring of another cultural background prefences. As I said it's one thing to date out your race, there's nothing wrong that love is love. But it's another to not want to dated in your race and prefer another background that's odd.

My thing is you can't cry because white men aren't seeing you as beautiful as black men does.... Duh. basically your rejecting the idea that your beautiful for people who say your not or less. The fact you said sometimes you feel ugly.... NO sometimes your convinced yourself that your Ugly because your not a white women. Then the guys "blacks" who are saying your beautiful your basically saying it's because they got lower standards. WTF.

If you can't relate to black men as a black women you can't relate to African American culture all together. Chance are you can't cultural related to black women either. Something is telling me you having an identity crisis which is another topic. But your ideals are killing me, you believe white men are more picky and selective then black men? WTF. Then now Black men have a aggressive personally? WTF.


So your saying Black men droll over Paris Hilton more than Tatyana Ali and Gabrielle Union?............. No! And neither is mix,

Tatyana Ali

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...arkers_A_S.jpg
Gabrielle Union

http://glamazonsblog.com/wp-content/...azons-blog.jpg

I sorry black men don't want a white women from a magazine we want the big booty girl from a rap video to be blant. In African American culture their this light skin vs Dark skin thing. Which is not the same thing as a white chick vs a black chick. To African American culture light skin means mix blacks... not light skin as actually white. Then light skin means mix with anything not just white. I do believe many black men may have issues preferring lighter girls "black!" but actually white girls no. Even in the light skin case African features are still more dominate over white features. So your taking it way further then what it is.

lauren london and Jurnee Smollett are light skin black women they both are actually mix, when black guys say they're beautiful it's not because white features. To real the only the white feature Jurnee Smollett has is the mix tone of her skin, because she has straight up African facial features. And honestly

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...fxxxs/06-1.jpg
Jurnee Smollett

http://images45.fotki.com/v1451/phot...mollett-vi.jpg

Amerie is would also be consider light skin, But she's half Asian so it has nothing to do European features. And even in the case her being half Asian most black guys would probably still have a bias with her over Lucy Lu.

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/imag...amerie-400.jpg

Normally the white women black guys date have something reminiscing of black women. Whether or not it's that she has a fugue more common to black women, or the way she speak and act but something. The same goes for Latinas, Asians chicks and etc. Also 2012 hair? Mane chicks die their hair purple and blue today. Guys don't care about hair as long it look nice, if a black girl can rock hair natural and look nice than it is what is nneka. But hair is nearly as shallow in beauty as nails are, a chick can rock her hair one week and change up next week.

Nneka

http://img.sxsw.com/2012/bands/52599.jpg
Yaya dacosta

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/...ya-dacosta.jpg
I do not consider myself ugly because I am not a white woman! I had to laugh at that one. I sometimes wonder if I am attractive enough for white men. I love having dark skin and being African American, and yes the hair thing is still alive in 2012. The only difference now they have a market for natural hair.

Also you sound like a typical hood person. Black men want a big booty girl from a rap video! Even any eduacated black guy would want more than this maybe just for sex but a relationship forget about it.

Lastly as for black culture, you are right some of the stuff I do not relate to or have in common. I do not go to church and believe it more dividing than unity and encourages non thinking outside of the norm.

I am active and like to workout which is not praised with the typical black culture. Furthermore, I like to do adventure type activites like whitewater rafting, kayaking and other activities than involve water. I do care about my hair getting messed up.
I learned how to take of my own natural hair years ago. Thank god I left that brainwashing.

I do like to sit around and just hang at the movies or eat dinner. I like to take chances with my money and invest and not just put money in the bank. I want to be able to discuss these things with people and not have guys I date be overimpressed by what is normal in my standard.

The only thing is I like to get my hair done every now and then.
 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,120 posts, read 3,833,377 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because when you are use to getting attention from African American, Hawaian, Latino so much it makes you feel good.

It makes me think like Nyanna to a certain degree. I must not have the look they want or I need to lose more weight. But even when I was a size 8 I still had this problem. I am 6ft wear a size 12. I am athletic and need lose about 20-25lbs. But even when I was thinner I would not get hit on by white guys unless is was some drunk at a club which does not count. Plus I do not do that anymore. But it is no excuse I have to work on my eating habits and emotional eating. I do not have an exercise problem. I am very active.

I wonder where the OP lives. Living in the city of Chicago on the Northside as an African American you will start to feel ugly. You feel like the look that only gets love up here is the blond Cubs fans and the funny thing is some of these girls are not even in shape.

However when I go to more liberal suburbs I have been hit on by white men. So I tell OP maybe you need to change location too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
The location part is true. I notice if I go more liberal suburbs in Chicago, I get attention from white men. Oak Park, Il is about as close to the west coast liberal feel you get in Chicago but the place is so tiny. Maybe even if I went overseas that would be different.

But for now I am in the United States, and I am a shame to say that I went to Seattle to visit, but one of my reasons was to see how many white men I could talk to.

The only white men who have ever talked to me in Chicago and found me attractive were from Seattle. So I figured let me try the place out this has to be a mecca. Plus I think it helps I like outdoor activities and do not care about having my hair perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Would these black men like me as a person probably not on what I am saying. I can not help who I am attractive to. Also, it is not purely a physical thing as I see many very attractive looking African American men. The personality of aggressiveness and not being to relate is a turn off too. I do not like my men hard acting.

The eurocentric look thing. That is joke to me. More African American men react to the Eurocentric look than many white men. The white guys I see with African American women have there hair completely natural. I wear my hair natural, but it is more of a textured look because this is my natural hair.
Do you know many brothas come out of nowhere saying is that your hair! Do not let me ever straighten it out that is when they all come crawling out and shouting. I think African American men are attracted to the more Eurocentric look when it comes to certain faces features and especially hair.

Whatever I do with my hair white men do not have a reaction. Plus the more Eurocentric I look, I do not receive less attention from black men, latinos or whoever. I get the same attention as a a size 8 or size 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I am not talking about that type of white person. I live on the northside of Chicago where I am discussing overall professional educated white men. I know they are other types of white people. The ones I am interested I am attracting are in this exclusive group.

This is why I know to complete in this area I have to lose weight. Now if I was in a more open area where interracial dating was more accepted like out in west in L.A, Seattle I might feel differently.

Location does have a lot to do with it, and that is why I am eventually moving out the western U.S
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
However, I do feel bad for the OP. I am not sure where she lives. But self-esteem is the probably one the most important things. You never know, you might get the attention you want. I had only one white guy in four years approach me on the northside of Chicago that was sober not in a bar, so anything is possible.

However, if you know what type a guy you want you might have step up your game, socially, clothes wise, self-esteem and maybe move. Because if you are in area where certain types of dating especially interracial is not accepted you could be wasting a lot of precious time.

I am old enough to understand what type of guy and what race I am attracted to overall. I feel like trying to step up my game in Chicago is almost a waste. Eventually I will have to move to western US where this is more accpectable. I know what type of guy I am looking for and what type attention I like, which is alot. So I know what I have to do.

People say join clubs, however if the person or the overall area is not acceptable of your type of dating it might be a waste. It is a like looking for a fashion modeling job in Nebraska.

Plus I like the weather and outdoor activities of western U.S
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Be thankful you live in L.A where people are open. L.A is my favorite city in the U.S. This is one the reasons I am planning to move there because people are more open to interracial dating. My beauty will actually appreciated by different races.
So the point is you are right about location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Do we have to have a white man approval for everything, no. But people should not be hard on me for this.
Black men feel the same way. Why do you think when they make it big they start chasing after white women.

I know black men who are just with some women just because they are white. My sister has witnessed this and seen black men drooling over some girl just because she is white. This is in all black area.

Look at Kim K. and Kanye West. I know he feels he hit the jackpot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
This does not even make any sense. Do you understand anything I was saying! I know black men like black women. I started this thread stating I get hit on a lot by black men. What I meant is they respond sometimes to Eurocentric features like straight hair. This did not mean they would favor Paris Hilton over Gabrielle Union.

Also, what I mean is there are black men who do drool over white women for the sake of just being white. Some black men seek this to validate themselves. It is not every black man.

I was just saying if black men can do this. Why can an African American female
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
This explains a lot. I am originally from Detroit and man do you have some shallow black men there and then white men will not even talk to you because it is so segregrated by city vs suburbs.

Now I know most men can be shallow but Detroit people are pretty narrow minded when it comes to beauty and race.

To the OP get out of the midwest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I do not consider myself ugly because I am not a white woman! I had to laugh at that one. I sometimes wonder if I am attractive enough for white men. I love having dark skin and being African American, and yes the hair thing is still alive in 2012. The only difference now they have a market for natural hair.

Also you sound like a typical hood person. Black men want a big booty girl from a rap video! Even any eduacated black guy would want more than this maybe just for sex but a relationship forget about it.

Lastly as for black culture, you are right some of the stuff I do not relate to or have in common. I do not go to church and believe it more dividing than unity and encourages non thinking outside of the norm.

I am active and like to workout which is not praised with the typical black culture. Furthermore, I like to do adventure type activites like whitewater rafting, kayaking and other activities than involve water. I do care about my hair getting messed up.
I learned how to take of my own natural hair years ago. Thank god I left that brainwashing.

I do like to sit around and just hang at the movies or eat dinner. I like to take chances with my money and invest and not just put money in the bank. I want to be able to discuss these things with people and not have guys I date be overimpressed by what is normal in my standard.

The only thing is I like to get my hair done every now and then.

Your posts make me feel very sad for you. I actually think it is a shame in this day and age that someone needs to feel justified by how they are judged by someone physically. Especially by Business class white men. Right. Plus, there is no need to get defensive against whatshisname. he does make a good point even if it is obscured in poor writing skills. But, fortunately for everyone in this thread, there is enough for everyone of any type to go around in this country. Thank God!
 
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
2,063 posts, read 3,555,935 times
Reputation: 2031
I personally would like to see more, bigger, and better quality pictures....ya know for the purpose of making a valid, thorough, and educated opinion
 
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
 
5,866 posts, read 5,717,552 times
Reputation: 5211
Ummm let me see if i can say this without going porno on you -

The fact that a man has sex with a woman does NOT mean she is pretty or attractive. Some very unattractive women have an available place for a man to put something in there, which has nnothing to do with your beauty.
 
Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 4,415,587 times
Reputation: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I do not consider myself ugly because I am not a white woman! I had to laugh at that one. I sometimes wonder if I am attractive enough for white men. I love having dark skin and being African American, and yes the hair thing is still alive in 2012. The only difference now they have a market for natural hair.
As I said it's one thing to be open to date out your race, but being close to date your own WTF. And I'm laughing a the fact you question yourself are you attractive enough for white men as if white men have better judgement then black men. Or White men are more "picky and selective" then black men.

To Answer you question no, not at the rate that black men might will. And this isn't because white men are more "picky and selective" it's because white men like black men generally have a first bias towards women of there own background. But anyway you flip it, your saying you being call beautiful by black men is not good enough and you want approval from white men who going to judge you by a full Eurocentric preference.

Another thing I seen some black girls that I didn't find attractive that were dating white men. Yet your saying your so beautiful, your over 80% of the black women competition, and black guys are just so easy to pull base your looks. Yet you said your willing to move to another city just to find a white guy that like you. It's just funny, bizarre and don't add up.

Look guys don't care about dang hair which is why you didn't get a change response. Guys don't care if your hair is real or fake, natural or perm as long as it looks nice. Again it is as shallow as getting your nails done to guys. Guys don't date girls because their hair. I trying to imagine a conversation..... That girl is hot,.... what do you like about her,..... Oh her hair.

Quote:
Also you sound like a typical hood person. Black men want a big booty girl from a rap video! Even any eduacated black guy would want more than this maybe just for sex but a relationship forget about it.
I sorry.. I'm not from the hood "been there" grew in the suburbs of many cities cross the country, the vast majority were diverse. And I have a associates in Arts and that's enough of my bio.

I was being simple when I said that, the meaning was symbolic "black men don't want a white women from a magazine we want the big booty girl from a rap video to be blant." and I was just talking about beauty wise. It's fallacious to believe that because I said video model you thought I was disregarding personally. It's also fallacious to believe a video model like beautiful women can't be smart, have a great personally and etc.

Quote:
Lastly as for black culture, you are right some of the stuff I do not relate to or have in common. I do not go to church and believe it more dividing than unity and encourages non thinking outside of the norm.

I am active and like to workout which is not praised with the typical black culture. Furthermore, I like to do adventure type activites like whitewater rafting, kayaking and other activities than involve water. I do care about my hair getting messed up.
I learned how to take of my own natural hair years ago. Thank god I left that brainwashing.

I do like to sit around and just hang at the movies or eat dinner. I like to take chances with my money and invest and not just put money in the bank. I want to be able to discuss these things with people and not have guys I date be overimpressed by what is normal in my standard.

The only thing is I like to get my hair done every now and then.
See your saying generally the biggest off the wall stereotypes because you know little about African American culture. Question is your black father, maybe brother, cousins and uncles are aggressive? And have you told them you don't date black men just white dudes? Something is not right. I'm not stressing how much you believe your different from other African Americans, I'm stressing how little cultural ties with African Americans you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top