U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM

895 posts, read 1,177,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
As I said it's one thing to be open to date out your race, but being close to date your own WTF. And I'm laughing a the fact you question yourself are you attractive enough for white men as if white men have better judgement then black men. Or White men are more "picky and selective" then black men.

To Answer you question no, not at the rate that black men might will. And this isn't because white men are more "picky and selective" it's because white men like black men generally have a first bias towards women of there own background. But anyway you flip it, your saying you being call beautiful by black men is not good enough and you want approval from white men who going to judge you by a full Eurocentric preference.

Another thing I seen some black girls that I didn't find attractive that were dating white men. Yet your saying your so beautiful, your over 80% of the black women competition, and black guys are just so easy to pull base your looks. Yet you said your willing to move to another city just to find a white guy that like you. It's just funny, bizarre and don't add up.

Look guys don't care about dang hair which is why you didn't get a change response. Guys don't care if your hair is real or fake, natural or perm as long as it looks nice. Again it is as shallow as getting your nails done to guys. Guys don't date girls because their hair. I trying to imagine a conversation..... That girl is hot,.... what do you like about her,..... Oh her hair.

I sorry.. I'm not from the hood "been there" grew in the suburbs of many cities cross the country, the vast majority were diverse. And I have a associates in Arts and that's enough of my bio.

I was being simple when I said that, the meaning was symbolic "black men don't want a white women from a magazine we want the big booty girl from a rap video to be blant." and I was just talking about beauty wise. It's fallacious to believe that because I said video model you thought I was disregarding personally. It's also fallacious to believe a video model like beautiful women can't be smart, have a great personally and etc.

See your saying generally the biggest off the wall stereotypes because you know little about African American culture. Question is your black father, maybe brother, cousins and uncles are aggressive? And have you told them you don't date black men just white dudes? Something is not right. I'm not stressing how much you believe your different from other African Americans, I'm stressing how little cultural ties with African Americans you have.
My dad know that I prefer white guys and black people can get on his nerves too. I am know very much about African American culture.

I went to black church and black schools for awhile, but my parents switched schools and I saw drastic culture differences and lots of stress relief.
We still have some the slave culture mentally of we yell, get angry at them black people will act right and then the white man will not have to correct him or her.

It was so nice to change to a white environment with less aggression, actually trust in people and not be babied.

I mean what the hell is in a college curfew for freshmen at historical black universities. If I wanted that crap, I could have stayed home.

When I was child in latch key, the women use to line us up like drill sargents and yell about going to the bathroom just to try to beat us into submission.

I did not have this problem when I switched to white private school. They would let us go free, trusted us, and did not treat us like babies. I switched from an all black Catholic school also.

These experiences have shaped me and prefer not to be around too many African American where there is too much hostility and anxiety in the culture. Like you should be thankful you have a job! Give me break just because I want to achieve and want more.

But I understand in general why the typical African American is like this given the history and culture we have been through.

But overall it gives me too much anxiety, frustration and I do not want to deal with it.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
My dad know that I prefer white guys and black people can get on his nerves too. I am know very much about African American culture.

I went to black church and black schools for awhile, but my parents switched schools and I saw drastic culture differences and lots of stress relief.
We still have some the slave culture mentally of we yell, get angry at them black people will act right and then the white man will not have to correct him or her.

It was so nice to change to a white environment with less aggression, actually trust in people and not be babied.

I mean what the hell is in a college curfew for freshmen at historical black universities. If I wanted that crap, I could have stayed home.

When I was child in latch key, the women use to line us up like drill sargents and yell about going to the bathroom just to try to beat us into submission.

I did not have this problem when I switched to white private school. They would let us go free, trusted us, and did not treat us like babies. I switched from an all black Catholic school also.

These experiences have shaped me and prefer not to be around too many African American where there is too much hostility and anxiety in the culture. Like you should be thankful you have a job! Give me break just because I want to achieve and want more.

But I understand in general why the typical African American is like this given the history and culture we have been through.

But overall it gives me too much anxiety, frustration and I do not want to deal with it.
Also, the whole point is for most women if you go out and guys do not hit on a female you start to wonder if you are attractive, and since I do not get hit on my many white men it makes me questions thinks and think I have to change the game.

I know there are major culture differences.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,442,045 times
I am not in Detroit

Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
This explains a lot. I am originally from Detroit and man do you have some shallow black men there and then white men will not even talk to you because it is so segregrated by city vs suburbs.

Now I know most men can be shallow but Detroit people are pretty narrow minded when it comes to beauty and race.

To the OP get out of the midwest!
White guys do talk to me

Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
White guys do talk to me
so what is the problem. If you receiving attention from the opposite sex. Isn't that the most important thing not what is quote "culturally attractive".
Obviously you are attractive if men are approaching you.

Btw, where you do live at

Old 09-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
so what is the problem. If you receiving attention from the opposite sex. Isn't that the most important thing not what is quote "culturally attractive".
Obviously you are attractive if men are approaching you.

Btw, where you do live at
I'm in Ohio

Yes, its still important to be universally attractive. I don't like it when I hear that Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women. Because I happen to look West African

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,081,532 times
Quote:
I'm in Ohio
Well, there really is nothing for a black person in Ohio. Go up a bit to Detroit, or better all the way down to Atlanta. I only say this cause your blackness seems to be important to you.

I spent a bit of time in Indiana, and I hated every minute of it. I'm sure it's not a bad place to live but they don't make us feel at home. The rest of Michigan is like that, but Detroit (not the suburbs) is an exception. Yea, it has issues but it's like moving back in with family even when they got issues. You shake your head but you still love them.

Atlanta is better still, but the black girls I dated out there all had the same hang-ups. Mostly on their hair. Dated a girl who worked as a front desk receptionist for some luxury condominiums in Buckhead who was convinced she'd be fired if she didn't show up with straight hair.

Quote:
Yes, its still important to be universally attractive. I don't like it when I hear that Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women. Because I happen to look West African
You don't have to like it, but here's the cold hard fact: that's the way the world is here. You wanna change it? Or you can move. Or you can accept it. Those are your 3 options.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Well, there really is nothing for a black person in Ohio. Go up a bit to Detroit, or better all the way down to Atlanta. I only say this cause your blackness seems to be important to you.

I spent a bit of time in Indiana, and I hated every minute of it. I'm sure it's not a bad place to live but they don't make us feel at home. The rest of Michigan is like that, but Detroit (not the suburbs) is an exception. Yea, it has issues but it's like moving back in with family even when they got issues. You shake your head but you still love them.

Atlanta is better still, but the black girls I dated out there all had the same hang-ups. Mostly on their hair. Dated a girl who worked as a front desk receptionist for some luxury condominiums in Buckhead who was convinced she'd be fired if she didn't show up with straight hair.

You don't have to like it, but here's the cold hard fact: that's the way the world is here. You wanna change it? Or you can move. Or you can accept it. Those are your 3 options.
are you black or white?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:27 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,081,532 times
Quote:
are you black or white?
My mother is black puerto rican, my dad is dagestani so I'm mixed but I got no white in me sweety

Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,430,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its quite sad that you are so invested in your neagtive "opinions" of the sons and daughters of Africa. More than anything it highlights your own insecurities about your physical attributes.
I never said they were my opinions, I said that that's what most people think. I don't happen to agree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or