U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 PM

195 posts, read 559,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
This does not even make any sense. Do you understand anything I was saying! I know black men like black women. I started this thread stating I get hit on a lot by black men. What I meant is they respond sometimes to Eurocentric features like straight hair. This did not mean they would favor Paris Hilton over Gabrielle Union.

Also, what I mean is there are black men who do drool over white women for the sake of just being white. Some black men seek this to validate themselves. It is not every black man.

I was just saying if black men can do this. Why can an African American female
How do you know they're only drooling over women because they're White?

I've never seen dudes drooling over Patti Smith or Ellen Degeneres or Rosie O'Donnell.

They're White aren't they?

Don't know any Black men attracted to them.

And if Halle Berry or Janet Jackson had dreadlocks or an Afro, we'd still want to have sex with them. It's just the natural chicks are often stuck up as hell on some "I'm better than you because I'm in touch with my roots" a lot of time. Dudes are intimidated and think that they're not "enlightened" enough to talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Your posts make me feel very sad for you. I actually think it is a shame in this day and age that someone needs to feel justified by how they are judged by someone physically. Especially by Business class white men. Right. Plus, there is no need to get defensive against whatshisname. he does make a good point even if it is obscured in poor writing skills. But, fortunately for everyone in this thread, there is enough for everyone of any type to go around in this country. Thank God!
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'm in Ohio

Yes, its still important to be universally attractive. I don't like it when I hear that Ethiopian and Somalian women are more beautiful than West African women. Because I happen to look West African
If guys talk to you, then why do you care about people's opinions?

Apparently somebody thinks you're beautiful, be happy with that.

Nobody's ever gonna win everybody in music, movies, art, or attractiveness.

You just win the people you can win and be greatful for that. It's all subjective.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 PM

5,868 posts, read 5,725,186 times
i will have to google to see what looks like west African features, at this point i wonder if that is the kind of features that bald model has that was (or maybe still is) popular in the 1990s.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:18 PM

5,868 posts, read 5,725,186 times
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WA-Dgwj4yp...st+woman+2.jpg

is this what nyanna is complaining about?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 AM

8,224 posts, read 10,789,133 times
You are talking about the model Alek Wek!
Most West Africans don't look like her.
As a matter of fact,she is from East Africa,Sudan to be exact.
Most black men say she is unatttractive...so......

West Africans do have the best bodies hands down.

I don't know if Nyanna is aware,but most Somali's who immigrated to the Usa are Somali Bantus,people who were enslaved by the Somali's in the 1800's that were from Tanzania,Uganda and brought to Somalia.
By them being Bantus,they actually are related to West Africans.
African slavery.
Small world after all.

Even then,those East African men must have found those West African looking women very beautiful,because they sure enough had babies with them.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 AM

23,992 posts, read 32,827,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What I mean is it's all good and well to say how noble you are for not caring about it but at the same time it's not the same as disputing that it exists and people have to live with it.
Thanks, but I don't recall speaking for anyone except myself. As previously stated, I don't concern myself with what other people find beautiful. I don't care either way.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM

17,611 posts, read 19,043,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I never said they were my opinions, I said that that's what most people think. I don't happen to agree with them.
And you personally happen to know what most people in this world think?

Old 09-22-2012, 04:41 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,195,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't want to date African or Carribean men. Most of the men I am around are African American or White American. so what good is that going to do me?
It's too bad your not into African or Caribbean men. These men prefer your attributes.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM

895 posts, read 1,176,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
How do you know they're only drooling over women because they're White?

I've never seen dudes drooling over Patti Smith or Ellen Degeneres or Rosie O'Donnell.

They're White aren't they?

Don't know any Black men attracted to them.

And if Halle Berry or Janet Jackson had dreadlocks or an Afro, we'd still want to have sex with them. It's just the natural chicks are often stuck up as hell on some "I'm better than you because I'm in touch with my roots" a lot of time. Dudes are intimidated and think that they're not "enlightened" enough to talk to them.

Exactly!

If guys talk to you, then why do you care about people's opinions?

Apparently somebody thinks you're beautiful, be happy with that.

Nobody's ever gonna win everybody in music, movies, art, or attractiveness.

You just win the people you can win and be greatful for that. It's all subjective.

It is an ego problem or as a college professor stated one time. She needs a "ego massage"
It is not enough that someone is attracted to her. Everyone needs to feel that her look is universally attractive to feel good. If you need everyone's male approval to feel good, it will turn into or look like low self-esteem as this is impossible since everyone has different tastes.

I know how she feels. It is an ego boost for if a educated professional white man is attracted to me versus other races.
I am old enough to at least understand this and figure it out. People like me and her care about what is around us instead of what is in front of us.

I am even like this socially and physical environment. I like beauty physical environments like mountains and hills. It inspires me. In addition, I do not see the point of going out to just hang to stand around and hang with friends at a bar or whatever. If I go out, I want to mingle, flirt, talk with different people not just stare at my friends all day. I like the boost of going out and getting attention. What the point of hanging out just to stare at your friends.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 PM

895 posts, read 1,176,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
As I said it's one thing to be open to date out your race, but being close to date your own WTF. And I'm laughing a the fact you question yourself are you attractive enough for white men as if white men have better judgement then black men. Or White men are more "picky and selective" then black men.

To Answer you question no, not at the rate that black men might will. And this isn't because white men are more "picky and selective" it's because white men like black men generally have a first bias towards women of there own background. But anyway you flip it, your saying you being call beautiful by black men is not good enough and you want approval from white men who going to judge you by a full Eurocentric preference.

Another thing I seen some black girls that I didn't find attractive that were dating white men. Yet your saying your so beautiful, your over 80% of the black women competition, and black guys are just so easy to pull base your looks. Yet you said your willing to move to another city just to find a white guy that like you. It's just funny, bizarre and don't add up.

Look guys don't care about dang hair which is why you didn't get a change response. Guys don't care if your hair is real or fake, natural or perm as long as it looks nice. Again it is as shallow as getting your nails done to guys. Guys don't date girls because their hair. I trying to imagine a conversation..... That girl is hot,.... what do you like about her,..... Oh her hair.

I sorry.. I'm not from the hood "been there" grew in the suburbs of many cities cross the country, the vast majority were diverse. And I have a associates in Arts and that's enough of my bio.

I was being simple when I said that, the meaning was symbolic "black men don't want a white women from a magazine we want the big booty girl from a rap video to be blant." and I was just talking about beauty wise. It's fallacious to believe that because I said video model you thought I was disregarding personally. It's also fallacious to believe a video model like beautiful women can't be smart, have a great personally and etc.

See your saying generally the biggest off the wall stereotypes because you know little about African American culture. Question is your black father, maybe brother, cousins and uncles are aggressive? And have you told them you don't date black men just white dudes? Something is not right. I'm not stressing how much you believe your different from other African Americans, I'm stressing how little cultural ties with African Americans you have.
It is funny and bizarre. I had to laugh at myself. Here the truth as I just realized this morning. I am afraid of being rejected as most people are and I also will drop in somebody in five seconds as I have never really been on a second date.

For example, I think I saw this white guy trying to smile at me which is rare in Chicago btw, but I turned away and looked down. Also, I met this other person this weekend from a friend of friend but I was not interested and ended up turning him down for invitation. He was Puerto Rican, attractive but way too young for me.

Lastly, I am in city where there is a lot to do, but I am not interested in most of the activities it offers. I am more of outdoor activity day person.
Chicago is more a of nightlife lets drink even though I do like to dance.

Also, I am feeling low because I have gained about 25 lbs since I have been here for six months. Mostly emotional eating but also health nerve problem which has messed up my nerve hunger and full signals.

So I gain weight, I feel bad, do not go out and then eat some more which is a bad cycle.
The only thing that saves me is that I am very tall, still exercise at times, and have a through understanding of nutrition. Also, I do know when to stop and how to count calories.

But if I do not feel thin, hot, and I feel like if can't beat the competition I tend to shy away. Also, I do not living around a bunch of young people not like I want to live around a bunch of old people and married couples. But every young person I see to me feels like one big competition, and I feel like I have to be and look better than her.
It drives me crazy I guess as I am trying to beat everyone. At least not being around a bunch of successful 20s and 30s olds, I can focus myself and not on others. Lastly, If I met people who were interested in more the same activities, it would not be so bad either.

Basically when I go out, I am sizing everyone up, and I guess I need a certain amount of attention to feed my ego. But I am learning it is best to try to be your true self and hopefully these things will eventually not matter.

The OP might be experiencing some of these same things, but may not realize it or maybe not.
My sister has some similar problems because she is quote my typical black. She does not like it and is always comparing herself to me.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:52 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,122,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
It is an ego problem or as a college professor stated one time. She needs a "ego massage"
It is not enough that someone is attracted to her. Everyone needs to feel that her look is universally attractive to feel good. If you need everyone's male approval to feel good, it will turn into or look like low self-esteem as this is impossible since everyone has different tastes.

I know how she feels. It is an ego boost for if a educated professional white man is attracted to me versus other races.
I am old enough to at least understand this and figure it out. People like me and her care about what is around us instead of what is in front of us.

I am even like this socially and physical environment. I like beauty physical environments like mountains and hills. It inspires me. In addition, I do not see the point of going out to just hang to stand around and hang with friends at a bar or whatever. If I go out, I want to mingle, flirt, talk with different people not just stare at my friends all day. I like the boost of going out and getting attention. What the point of hanging out just to stare at your friends.
This sounds so sick. I am a black woman, and I love it when men of any race pay me attention. I have had professional white guys (young and old) be attracted to me, and others who just ignored me completely. I have attracted blacks, asians, indians, arabs, etc. etc. blah blah blah. But I don't set out to get one particular group's attention. And I certainly don't feel validated just because a white guy wearing a suit smiles at me. That is just...uh.

Hey, I know of a professional white guy who talks about drinking and hangovers all the time like a frat boy. Definitely not a catch.

Last edited by Marissy; 09-23-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or