U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 AM

7 posts, read 13,681 times

Advertisements

Well beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 AM

5,871 posts, read 5,725,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Exactly. The OP just likes to complain. When anyone tries to offer solutions to her problem, she just continues to complain.
I'm guessing she just wants someone to talk to, and/or looking for a date and maybe the person with the right answer for her will pop in and post something.

Last edited by Vichel; 09-29-2012 at 05:16 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 AM

48,186 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I wish I had sharp features like Beyonce or Iman
Thinking like that will not do any good for you. All it can do is break you down. I, as a Black man, have learned that in this society, American society, that Whites are often considered the standard of beauty. I can't wish for sharper features or to be White. There are times I have wished that for myself, feeling that I would get an easier shot in this society. However, I can't worry about that. I was created this way. I know there is nothing wrong with how I look and there is nothing wrong with what you look like. The standard of this society is the opposite of what we are. We can't do much about it because it's all about what sells. All we can do is do our best and decide what my standard and your standard will be.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 PM

56,637 posts, read 80,952,685 times
I think the OP needs to listen to this song:
Mississippi Mass New Single- God Made Me - YouTube

Old 09-29-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the OP needs to listen to this song:
Mississippi Mass New Single- God Made Me - YouTube
Amen!!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 PM

3,966 posts, read 9,417,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thinking like that will not do any good for you. All it can do is break you down. I, as a Black man, have learned that in this society, American society, that Whites are often considered the standard of beauty. I can't wish for sharper features or to be White. There are times I have wished that for myself, feeling that I would get an easier shot in this society. However, I can't worry about that. I was created this way. I know there is nothing wrong with how I look and there is nothing wrong with what you look like. The standard of this society is the opposite of what we are. We can't do much about it because it's all about what sells. All we can do is do our best and decide what my standard and your standard will be.
I am a mutt, but you couldn't tell that because I look like your everyday goofy Irish. When I tell people what my grandparents are, they are shocked. lol. I could even go as far as to say if you've lived here long enough, you may be every race, it's just there may be more of one side then the others in your generation.

I don't know where people get, because you're this or that, things will come easy. Let me tell you something, NOTHING in the USA is easy. Everything is a God damned fight in this country. Want tires done right? It's a fight. Want to find a good job? It's a fight. Want to eat? it's a fight. We are talking a bloody, to your grave tiring fight. You think people like Steve Jobs made his millions by doing everything by the book? pfft yah right.

I don't care what any politician or person says, this country is a *****, if you loathe around, and don't fight you will lose so hard. But the moment you start fighting, things will be different.

As far as why can't west,east, south, north so and so be most beautiful. Let me tell you, I've ran into many BEAUTIFUL Nigerian women. Last time I looked, that country was on the WEST side of Africa. Lastly, I'm sick of the poor me threads. What about the poor me threads for the people of Congo?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,195,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I'm guessing she just wants someone to talk to, and/or looking for a date and maybe the person with the right answer for her will pop in and post something.
She needs to talk to a psychologist. A really good one.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,764,665 times
Quote:
Because someone is insecure on the surface (and that's all we know about her), it doesn't mean she needs a shrink or psychologist. Based on the angry and mean spirited posts I see on cd everyday, there are some in far more dire need of a mental health consultation.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I am a mutt, but you couldn't tell that because I look like your everyday goofy Irish. When I tell people what my grandparents are, they are shocked. lol. I could even go as far as to say if you've lived here long enough, you may be every race, it's just there may be more of one side then the others in your generation.

I don't know where people get, because you're this or that, things will come easy. Let me tell you something, NOTHING in the USA is easy. Everything is a God damned fight in this country. Want tires done right? It's a fight. Want to find a good job? It's a fight. Want to eat? it's a fight. We are talking a bloody, to your grave tiring fight. You think people like Steve Jobs made his millions by doing everything by the book? pfft yah right.

I don't care what any politician or person says, this country is a *****, if you loathe around, and don't fight you will lose so hard. But the moment you start fighting, things will be different.

As far as why can't west,east, south, north so and so be most beautiful. Let me tell you, I've ran into many BEAUTIFUL Nigerian women. Last time I looked, that country was on the WEST side of Africa. Lastly, I'm sick of the poor me threads. What about the poor me threads for the people of Congo?
I was trying to give the OP some advice based on my experience. My point was that we can't spend our lives trying to fit into someone else's standard of beauty. We can only do our best and be ourselves.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I don't think she needs a psychologist. I don't consider it a sign of mental health problems. None of what she says implies being mentally unstable. I can understand that kind of pain because I've been through it. There is nothing "mentally unstable" about it. It comes from having one's self esteem being dragged through the mud, and in this case, having to deal with standards that have nothing to do with what a person actually does, but rather how a person looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or