U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 AM

7 posts, read 13,639 times

Advertisements

Beauty (heart and soul) exists in all types and bantu woman (WA people) are beautiful as other africans!

Old 10-01-2012, 06:06 AM

15,951 posts, read 36,185,822 times
I don't know if this will help with anything at all. But there are a TON of white people, especially young white people, with very low self-esteem as well.

Granted, I'm sure for a black woman with low self-esteem, it is even more difficult.

But probably most women within American society suffer from self-esteem issues. It's basically what sells tons of books, products, movies, everything.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:12 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,147,848 times
It's all a matter of taste. When I was in Saudi Arabia, the young Saudi men told me that Moroccan women were the most beautiful in the world.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,441,281 times
In the ethiopia thread people cant' stop gushing about how beautiful & diverse they are. it really messes with my self esteem. I can't help but wish I had fine texture hair and thin facial features. its been 17 pages already and not very many people have raved about the beauty of west african looking women the way they have in just 2 or 3 short pages in the ethiopia thread.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:53 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,766,650 times
Who frequents the Ethiopian thread? People from that country, Expats, people married to Ethiopian women? On another forum I go to (they probably won't let me say its name) that has to do with skyscrapers and is broken down by region and country, someone just made a thread for the beautiful west African girls. So just because that thread you frequent raves over the women of that country, it doesn't mean its universal by any means and that there are not other threads highlighting beautiful women from the Western African region. Are these women kind, caring, do they do much to help others, thats what goes through my mind when I see celebrities, models and singers from other countries. Do the best with who you are. Best Wishes.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I guess unfortunately dark skin, wide noses, and huge asses are generally not considered hot among the mainstream, it's mostly black men who are into that. It sucks, but the standard of beauty doesn't really accommodate more 'extreme' ethnic features.
I am disgusted and quite disappointed in this stereotype of an entire race of people. What next they look like monkeys?
http://www.authentichistory.com/dive...key/index.html

What if someone said all Asian men have tiny ding dongs and all Asian women are hoes looking for a white man to marry and rescue them from poverty; or all Australians racist? These would not be acceptable, as much as the comment made above.. unacceptable.

Last edited by minibrings; 10-01-2012 at 02:03 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,441,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Who frequents the Ethiopian thread? People from that country, Expats, people married to Ethiopian women? On another forum I go to (they probably won't let me say its name) that has to do with skyscrapers and is broken down by region and country, someone just made a thread for the beautiful west African girls. So just because that thread you frequent raves over the women of that country, it doesn't mean its universal by any means and that there are not other threads highlighting beautiful women from the Western African region. Are these women kind, caring, do they do much to help others, thats what goes through my mind when I see celebrities, models and singers from other countries. Do the best with who you are. Best Wishes.
the ethiopian thread on CD. that's what I'm talking about

Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 PM

15,951 posts, read 36,185,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
In the ethiopia thread people cant' stop gushing about how beautiful & diverse they are. it really messes with my self esteem. I can't help but wish I had fine texture hair and thin facial features. its been 17 pages already and not very many people have raved about the beauty of west african looking women the way they have in just 2 or 3 short pages in the ethiopia thread.
That thread is about Ethiopian and beauty. This thread is about self-esteem and comparison. So, they attract different responses.

I just did a quick 'Ghana beauty' google search, and saw a ton of very attractive women there as well.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,421,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I am disgusted and quite disappointed in this stereotype of an entire race of people. What next they look like monkeys?
The Coon Caricature: Blacks as Monkeys

What if someone said all Asian men have tiny ding dongs and all Asian women are hoes looking for a white man to marry and rescue them from poverty; or all Australians racist? These would not be acceptable, as much as the comment made above.. unacceptable.
It is unfortunate, Asians are victims also of long-standing racism. Don't shoot the messenger, are you disputing the truth in what I'm saying? The number of 'pin-ups' with full African features in America is next to zero. The blacks depicted are pretty mixed. Asians aren't really portrayed much as good looking either. This might change in the future, though.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM

48,257 posts, read 45,529,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It is unfortunate, Asians are victims also of long-standing racism. Don't shoot the messenger, are you disputing the truth in what I'm saying? The number of 'pin-ups' with full African features in America is next to zero. The blacks depicted are pretty mixed. Asians aren't really portrayed much as good looking either. This might change in the future, though.
I would say slowly is the key word here. The thing is, Blacks have fought and have been willing to die for things to change, and even though many changes have been drastic, some remain slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or