U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,031,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
I never realized how lucky I was. Wow. Thanks for pointing it out to me
Nevermind

Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM

578 posts, read 888,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I'll try.

But I don't want to rely on a nice personality to be beautiful. I want to be beautiful because I fit the standard of beauty
Ohhhh. Be good to yourself. Standards of beauty are ever changing. And it's really not about the personality. It's about liking yourself !!! Don't get wrapped up in the superfluous.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM

578 posts, read 888,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nevermind
You attacked first. Look I just want that kid to not hate on herself. .... Too much of that in this world doesn't matter whether your hairs straight , curly told whatever. Whether your light or dark skinned. And whatever on the nose size. She self loathes because she doesn't fit some mold that Hollywood created. And people on this post start ripping on other races. Not fair it started as Ethiopian and Somalian vs western African. Not northern European. Ok. ??

Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,759,112 times
There are many beautiful women in western Africa. I prefer the darker women and those with the classic African features rather than the more white looking features. Not all black women have big seats either.

Whiter seems to be the thing all over the world. In Asia, and India, with skin whiteners. I suppose in Asia its partly because most of the movie stars, singers and TV personalities are lighter skinned. Then white people want to be tan.

Of course you want to look your best, but don't obsess over things you read and hear about too much. I bet you are pretty, you are just too hard on yourself. People also look at ones inner beauty. So its really the whole package that makes an impression. Pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside = ugly. Best of Luck to you.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You attacked first. Look I just want that kid to not hate on herself. .... Too much of that in this world doesn't matter whether your hairs straight , curly told whatever. Whether your light or dark skinned. And whatever on the nose size. She self loathes because she doesn't fit some mold that Hollywood created. And people on this post start ripping on other races. Not fair it started as Ethiopian and Somalian vs western African. Not northern European. Ok. ??
I've tried...

Many others have tried...

I sincerely hope that you succeed.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM

35,109 posts, read 40,202,457 times
Quote:
Read some of the other threads and posts you will see for yourself it is a CHOICE that remains because of the refusal to seek therapy to correct the issue because everyone ELSE has the problem NOT them.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM

195 posts, read 559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think KK's ass is too big imo.

A tan on a white woman cannot be compared to the dark brown of an African woman.

White women still don't have the wide noses of black women.
Ethiopians and Somalians do not have wide noses. That is only west Africans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am so sick of hearing how the ethiopian and somalian women being the most beautiful in africa because they have lighter skin and thinner features. the west africans are beautiful too
And you care why?

If you think you're beautiful, why do you care what others think?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:43 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,193,812 times
Quote:
I guess unfortunately dark skin, wide noses, and huge asses are generally not considered hot among the mainstream, it's mostly black men who are into that. It sucks, but the standard of beauty doesn't really accommodate more 'extreme' ethnic features.
I am pretty certain that beautiful dark skin, beautiful wide noses, beautiful full lips, and beautifully feminine behinds are considered very hot among those looking for such features. These features are not considered 'extreme' by those who naturally have them, which by the way are an amazingly large amount of people in this world.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
I personally am not saying I hate wide noses, although I admit they're not my ideal, but just saying they are considered unattractive for a woman in the conventional standard of beauty.

I am aware both African American and other African women, from East and North Africa, have more 'Caucasian' noses. The body type in Ethiopia or Kenya or Tanzania is way different to the type in Senegal. Much slimmer. In the case of American blacks, those with sharper noses tend to have more white genes, like Pam Grier or something (even though Pam was fairly dark). Pure Nigerians almost always have the broad nose.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I personally am not saying I hate wide noses, although I admit they're not my ideal, but just saying they are considered unattractive for a woman in the conventional standard of beauty.

I am aware both African American and other African women, from East and North Africa, have more 'Caucasian' noses. The body type in Ethiopia or Kenya or Tanzania is way different to the type in Senegal. Much slimmer. In the case of American blacks, those with sharper noses tend to have more white genes, like Pam Grier or something (even though Pam was fairly dark). Pure Nigerians almost always have the broad nose.
Your information is quite flawed....

West Africans - a fulani woman

BEAUTIFUL WEST AFRICAN WOMEN: Black Diamonds - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or