U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,482 times
Reputation: 466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are Black American women using the number of White men who are hitting on them as the measure of attractiveness? It is more likely a matter of your location than of your level of attractiveness.
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.

 
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,482 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.

The location part is true. I notice if I go more liberal suburbs in Chicago, I get attention from white men. Oak Park, Il is about as close to the west coast liberal feel you get in Chicago but the place is so tiny. Maybe even if I went overseas that would be different.

But for now I am in the United States, and I am a shame to say that I went to Seattle to visit, but one of my reasons was to see how many white men I could talk to.

The only white men who have ever talked to me in Chicago and found me attractive were from Seattle. So I figured let me try the place out this has to be a mecca. Plus I think it helps I like outdoor activities and do not care about having my hair perfect.
 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 10 days ago)
 
48,086 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15326
This is what I see. African features are often not seen as beautiful, mainly because of what this society has taught historically. The standard of beauty Hollywood has set does not call for dark skin and broad noses. This is what Hollywood has set as a standard of beauty. Hollywood is not the only place where this has happened. I look at channels like Univision and Galavision. Most people who live in Mexico and Central America tend to have brown skin and some Native American features, as well as a few people having some African features. However, what is seen on these Spanish speaking channels? People who look like they could be from Spain. I haven't seen one Black person on Galavision or Univision, apart from a child on a show. No Black women. It is quite sad that this happens. However, it does happen.
 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
 
3,117 posts, read 6,835,380 times
Reputation: 1548
Oh boy, what a silly thread. People can say what they like and think is beautiful afterall beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If people like blonde women, black women with dark skin or light skin I don't care. In this day in age it really shouldn't matter.

Somalian women are drop dead gorgeous though (am not Somalian either).
 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,039,099 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.
Hate to break it to you but your theory is quite flawed.....and just plain ridiculous actually.

More than anything it is about location, the overall attitude/outlook of the men (White or otherwise) and the prevailing level of acceptance for interacial pairings that really dictates whether or not White men approach Black women.

I'm from LA and I know a LOT of Black women (friends/relatives/etc) who happen to have White or non-Black husbands/boyfriends/etc and while most are attractive some are not as attractive. Some are thin. Some are heavy. Some are young. Some are older. Some are stylish. Some are not as stylish.....

So having White men hit on you really isn't a measure of a woman's level of attractiveness. Look at all of the White men with Asian fetishes. The Asian women usually are not that attractive physically but the attraction is the fact that the woman in Asian.
 
Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 PM
 
195 posts, read 559,721 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are Black American women using the number of White men who are hitting on them as the measure of attractiveness? It is more likely a matter of your location than of your level of attractiveness.
Um, this is what I'm thinking. What kind of low self-esteem bullsh*t is that?

Do we got to have the White man's approval for everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.
Since when are White men so picky?

Please, go to a Wal-Mart or Piggly Wiggly and watch how many gross, fat triflin' White women you see with their overweight shlubby husbands.

The problem is that you associate Whiteness with some level of exclusivity, but that's only true for a small portion of upper middle class to upper class White people. Since when are all White people upwardly mobile metropolitan movers and shakers who are educated and good looking.

Your White people in Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, etc. . . are fat as hell and just as downtrodden as everyone else
 
Old 09-20-2012, 04:22 AM
 
4,434 posts, read 4,417,168 times
Reputation: 3500
I say it again in a different way

Most men find women of there own race more attractive! logically that makes sense, So there's bias even if they're open to inter racial dating. And if there a exotic invest it's because the are not the standard of beauty be technical. Hence being exotic there looking for something different. Anyway Whites make over 70% of the US, but in greater most develop countries are in the western world. So globally there's a economic advantage whites have at pushing a European standard of beauty with magazines and etc.This why Western minorities, and people of color around shouldn't strive to fit that standard of beauty.

It's not that "African features" are less attractive if your in a country where the largest male block are white men then the "standard of beauty" is going to be close to white women. If your in a country where most males are black then the standard is going to be close to black women. If you living in a country where most men are Asian then the standard will be close to Asian.

I understand if you personally like some of a different race, Then you would want to meet that individual standards because you like him, not generally the standard of his background. But you can't just generalize men of different background unless generally you like men of different races rather than you own. Because men largely have a standard close to there own background. Think about it your trying to meet standards that lean eurocentric as a black women your basically rejecting black males views of standard beauty.

I view white women as beauty too Lynn Collins from X-men is fine, but again I have a bias favoring black women, generally this is what most males do towards their own background. So a white women should be upset because they don't fit the standard of beauty to black men, just like black women should be upset they don't fit the standard of white men.
 
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM
 
4,434 posts, read 4,417,168 times
Reputation: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Because they are the most picky and selective. I feel like since I am a decent shape, attractive, have nice hair. I feel like I could get most African American men from the educated to the hood ones.

But white men are difficult, so if you receive attention from them to me you must really stand out and be attractive.

It is kind of like men like a chase and do not like an easy woman. It does something from them. They like the challenge.

White American men are challenge so it is more fun for me.

The point is most African Americans are too easy for me and I am overall not attractive to them.
The fact I work out and not terribly overweight put in front of the competition of about 85% black women, and I do not even consider myself thin

If I lost about 20-25lb, I would be in better shape than about 95% as when I was a size 8 at black events I was always the smallest one.
There go you answer you own conflicts.

As black male it would be harder for a white women to get my attention than a Black Women. honestly either physically or cultural they would have to be something close to a black women. So should white women feel ugly because generally black male find black women prettier think about.

I'm going to go by your word, Black males are mainly attractive to you because you have black features, you not going to get the same responds from white men the same way unless your actually a white women. So unless you hate your black features and want white features your crying over nothing.

Also BS white men are no more or less more picky and selective, then black males. What going on is a different cultural standard of beauty. You basically rejecting black males standards for white males standards no ish you may feel ugly some times. Also come harder than that so any and all black males like you to the point your less attractive to them wow sure. Like your finest thing walking this earth to black guys and may be pretty but common on. Then you on a scavenger hunt willing to travel to different cities to look for white men who may like you..... again wow.

The highlight is you made in clear your less attractive to black males, which is self hate no matter how spin it. And Also if you strive towards a Eurocentric standard black males will find you less attractive anyways. The odd thing is you brought up physical attractiveness don't equal liking a person. I not personally attacking you and please don't take it as such. But are you sure these black men you claim that you can easily pull would actually like you as person base on what your saying.


Xenocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To the op if you date outside your race date them because you like them, not because have a issue with your own race. Seriously I had relations with few Latino women, a white and a Asian chick but I never said no crap like this about black women. I think it's one to complain about your cultural standard of beauty. Don't reject your own cultural standard of beauty and complain about you how don't fit in another.
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,039,099 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I say it again in a different way

Most men find women of there own race more attractive! logically that makes sense, So there's bias even if they're open to inter racial dating. And if there a exotic invest it's because the are not the standard of beauty be technical. Hence being exotic there looking for something different. Anyway Whites make over 70% of the US, but in greater most develop countries are in the western world. So globally there's a economic advantage whites have at pushing a European standard of beauty with magazines and etc.This why Western minorities, and people of color around shouldn't strive to fit that standard of beauty.

It's not that "African features" are less attractive if your in a country where the largest male block are white men then the "standard of beauty" is going to be close to white women. If your in a country where most males are black then the standard is going to be close to black women. If you living in a country where most men are Asian then the standard will be close to Asian.

I understand if you personally like some of a different race, Then you would want to meet that individual standards because you like him, not generally the standard of his background. But you can't just generalize men of different background unless generally you like men of different races rather than you own. Because men largely have a standard close to there own background. Think about it your trying to meet standards that lean eurocentric as a black women your basically rejecting black males views of standard beauty.

I view white women as beauty too Lynn Collins from X-men is fine, but again I have a bias favoring black women, generally this is what most males do towards their own background. So a white women should be upset because they don't fit the standard of beauty to black men, just like black women should be upset they don't fit the standard of white men.
Perfectly stated
 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
 
895 posts, read 1,176,482 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
There go you answer you own conflicts.

As black male it would be harder for a white women to get my attention than a Black Women. honestly either physically or cultural they would have to be something close to a black women. So should white women feel ugly because generally black male find black women prettier think about.

I'm going to go by your word, Black males are mainly attractive to you because you have black features, you not going to get the same responds from white men the same way unless your actually a white women. So unless you hate your black features and want white features your crying over nothing.

Also BS white men are no more or less more picky and selective, then black males. What going on is a different cultural standard of beauty. You basically rejecting black males standards for white males standards no ish you may feel ugly some times. Also come harder than that so any and all black males like you to the point your less attractive to them wow sure. Like your finest thing walking this earth to black guys and may be pretty but common on. Then you on a scavenger hunt willing to travel to different cities to look for white men who may like you..... again wow.

The highlight is you made in clear your less attractive to black males, which is self hate no matter how spin it. And Also if you strive towards a Eurocentric standard black males will find you less attractive anyways. The odd thing is you brought up physical attractiveness don't equal liking a person. I not personally attacking you and please don't take it as such. But are you sure these black men you claim that you can easily pull would actually like you as person base on what your saying.


Xenocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To the op if you date outside your race date them because you like them, not because have a issue with your own race. Seriously I had relations with few Latino women, a white and a Asian chick but I never said no crap like this about black women. I think it's one to complain about your cultural standard of beauty. Don't reject your own cultural standard of beauty and complain about you how don't fit in another.
Would these black men like me as a person probably not on what I am saying. I can not help who I am attractive to. Also, it is not purely a physical thing as I see many very attractive looking African American men. The personality of aggressiveness and not being to relate is a turn off too. I do not like my men hard acting.

The eurocentric look thing. That is joke to me. More African American men react to the Eurocentric look than many white men. The white guys I see with African American women have there hair completely natural. I wear my hair natural, but it is more of a textured look because this is my natural hair.
Do you know many brothas come out of nowhere saying is that your hair! Do not let me ever straighten it out that is when they all come crawling out and shouting. I think African American men are attracted to the more Eurocentric look when it comes to certain faces features and especially hair.

Whatever I do with my hair white men do not have a reaction. Plus the more Eurocentric I look, I do not receive less attention from black men, latinos or whoever. I get the same attention as a a size 8 or size 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top