U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 AM

6 posts, read 6,417 times

Advertisements

Of the most beautiful countries in Africa
Climate is characterized by the diversity of the sea to the desert .......
Political corruption make it a tourist trail
What do you know about this country ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,212,583 times
I know that I spent a night in jail there. I arrived after dark on the train from Tunis, and in Annaba, there was some kind of international conference, and the hotels were all full. The police put me in an unoccupied jail cell, but a few hours later, an occupant of a hotel room agreed to let me pay half the room rate and sleep in the other bed, so I was sent over there.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:40 AM

6 posts, read 6,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I know that I spent a night in jail there. I arrived after dark on the train from Tunis, and in Annaba, there was some kind of international conference, and the hotels were all full. The police put me in an unoccupied jail cell, but a few hours later, an occupant of a hotel room agreed to let me pay half the room rate and sleep in the other bed, so I was sent over there.
There largely neglected in the tourism sector in Algeria
But things are getting better ... So if I visited Algeria advise you to visit and Oran, Bejaia or desert in the south

Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,706,359 times
Not anymore,tourism is attracting more investors and tourists,last years,the number of visitors posted a record never seen before in the country.

International hotel chains are builting brand new hotels in major cities,new airport,new railroad routes,new highways,builing new seaports.

Algiers has a brand new metro,Oran is about to have its own metro,most cities already have or planning to build tramway network.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Not anymore,tourism is attracting more investors and tourists,last years,the number of visitors posted a record never seen before in the country.

International hotel chains are builting brand new hotels in major cities,new airport,new railroad routes,new highways,builing new seaports.

Algiers has a brand new metro,Oran is about to have its own metro,most cities already have or planning to build tramway network.
Of course. That is true of nearly every country. World tourists have a seemingly infinite amount of money, and a thirst for 5-star hotels to spend it at, so there will of course be 5-star hotels, owned by huge multinational corporations who pay Algerians a couple of dollars a day to smile at the tourists. If yon want to see Algeria, there are also plenty of no-star hotels, where Algerians sleep, and buses that go from one to another.

You could have gone there 20 years ago, too, but you didn't, you went to Mallorca instead, to wait for those American and Swiss billionaires to build a hotel in Algeria that has non-dairy creamer to put in your coffee.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Of course. That is true of nearly every country. World tourists have a seemingly infinite amount of money, and a thirst for 5-star hotels to spend it at, so there will of course be 5-star hotels, owned by huge multinational corporations who pay Algerians a couple of dollars a day to smile at the tourists. If yon want to see Algeria, there are also plenty of no-star hotels, where Algerians sleep, and buses that go from one to another.

You could have gone there 20 years ago, too, but you didn't, you went to Mallorca instead, to wait for those American and Swiss billionaires to build a hotel in Algeria that has non-dairy creamer to put in your coffee.

Not true in every country,algerians will never get paid to smile to tourists,most of tourists who visit Algeria are algerians expatriats,you don't seem to know much about Algeria.
Never visited Mallorca in my life,not interested in Spain at all,prefer Algeria to any other country in the world.
For your info,very few americains visit Algeria,fewer swiss too,the largest visitors are algerians expatriats,tunisiens,french (& french of algerien descent) british and germans.
I never heard such story about creamer ! what does it have to do with hotels ??
You must be from another planet.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Not true in every country,algerians will never get paid to smile to tourists,most of tourists who visit Algeria are algerians expatriats,you don't seem to know much about Algeria.
Never visited Mallorca in my life,not interested in Spain at all,prefer Algeria to any other country in the world.
For your info,very few americains visit Algeria,fewer swiss too,the largest visitors are algerians expatriats,tunisiens,french (& french of algerien descent) british and germans.
I never heard such story about creamer ! what does it have to do with hotels ??
You must be from another planet.
That's why I said nearly every country. As you correctly stated, "tourism is attracting more investors". Why are big multinational hotel corporations building 5-star hotels for Algerian expats? Who do they employ in Algerian hotels,and is the staff expected to smile? I never said a thing about American or Swiss tourists. Did understand you to day they are attracting travelers from Germany but not Switzerland, and somehow that makes you right and me wrong? Please---before you continue to comment on every single post with know-it-all contrarianship, please read the posts you are commenting on. Twice if necessary for comprehension. You don't need to send a post a minute, we can wait with bated breath for your wisdom. Do not assume that you are the only person who has ever been to the country in question or who knows anything about it. If you have knowledge of it, express what you know, but do not insult or ridicule other posters who might know a great deal more than you think.

If you've never heard the story about the creamer, it indicates that you are out of touch and have insufficient background knowledge to even be commenting in this forum. It comes from a source no less authoritative than South Park.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-14-2013 at 10:19 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM

Yes,building 5 stars hotels as conference centers primarly for businessmen coming to Algeria,some wealthy algerian expatriat spent nights there too.
Yes,you don't have a clue about Algeria and it's not an insult,it's a fact,Germany has long economic ties with Algeria,way more than Switzerland,therefore more germans have already visited Algeria,during their business trips.
I grew up in this country and i know the facts about this country.
What the creamer means for the tourism industry ? What does it have to do attracting tourist to this country ?
It's like saying there are no toasters in this country,which really means nothing for the tourism industry in Algeria.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Yes,you don't have a clue about Algeria and it's not an insult,it's a fact,.
In your mere four days as a member of the C-D forum, you have pompously pontificated your know-it-all brilliance about Algeria, Mali, Egypt, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Ghana, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Cote-d'Ivoire and Gabon. I'm calling BS. By the way, I've been in all the countries listed above, and I pay attention to what is going on in them, so don't embarrass yourself by telling me that I don't have a clue about them and assuming that that settles the argument in your favor.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
In your mere four days as a member of the C-D forum, you have pompously pontificated your know-it-all brilliance about Algeria, Mali, Egypt, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Ghana, South Africa, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Cote-d'Ivoire and Gabon. I'm calling BS. By the way, I've been in all the countries listed above, and I pay attention to what is going on in them, so don't embarrass yourself by telling me that I don't have a clue about them and assuming that that settles the argument in your favor.

I said you don't have a clue about Algeria and you proved it,being a member of the C-D forum for 4 days or a century would not make a difference to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa