U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 03:11 PM

8,226 posts, read 10,802,397 times

Advertisements

All I know is at this club in Nyc everybody was trying to have sex with everybody! Seen it with my own eyes!
Haitians with Nigerian american women,African men with black american women,Mexican women and white women,Carribean men and Hispanic women,and light skinned men with dark skinned women,white women and black women! It was SO funny.

I guess all this hate stuff goes out the window when its time to have sex!

(I'm just trying to lighten up the mood,but what I'm saying is very true and y'all know it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 07:02 PM

47 posts, read 74,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Speak for yourself. I have had positive experiences with Africans. Also, one of my favorite actresses (Kerry Washington) just married a Nigerian man. One of my favorite singers (Jennifer Hudson) is engaged to and has a child by an Nigerian man, and we can't forget that my favorite First Lady is married to man who is half Kenyan. You know, the man called President of the U.S. All of these men were born and raised here in the U.S., and their parents or one parent was born in on the African Continent. It appears to me that plenty of African men love Black American women, and plenty of Black American women love African men. It appears that both groups are thinking about each other.
Excuse me. I am responding this thread and not your personal experience. I am also responding because this is not the first I have experienced Afro-Americans complaining about African attitudes towards us.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM

11,435 posts, read 16,484,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstiffany View Post
I live here in charlotte nc, and am originally from NJ. Why is it time and time again when i run into a woman that came here from a country in Africa, she always has a dirty attitude towards me? And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
They're just jealous. Do they really tell you that they're building a mansion back in Africa? Lol.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 AM

128 posts, read 357,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They're just jealous. Do they really tell you that they're building a mansion back in Africa? Lol.
I spend 15 minutes imagining this situations. The ones that sad they have pools in their mansions in the end got more chance with you, am i right?
Here is one advise beautiful should support beautiful.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,448,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Princess View Post
Africans are portrayed to us in the most awful way also. Just the way American media does when it comes to melanated people.

Yes, there are very ignorant Afro-American people but if Africans had not come here with their negative attitudes against us in the first place, they would not be receiving the amount of hate they claim they are from certain individuals among us. Really and truly, I think they are mostly lying on us.

There are a lot of people from the afrocentric and "conscious" communities that embrace Africans and think highly of them but these are the people most Africans tend to hate on the most.

Africans are clearly the ones bringing the aggression and aggressive and hateful attitudes to our people.

We never even think about Africans until we run into them. You are not on our radar so just leave us alone. Thanks in advance.
I disagree with that tbh. But at what point does the buck stop? If you think about it, if both sides of the spectrum are reacting based on what they see in the media, at what point do you say, "enough is enough" and open yourself up to actually experiencing the other in an unbiased way?

The media often depicts Africans skinning and grinning and with one uniform accent and that's not necessarily the case. Many are very intelligent, serious-minded, and friendly people but if we keep walking around with our guard up, don't you think that's picked up on? My point being that no one likes arrogance and if both sides continue to act as if they're better than the other then we've simply succeeded in further dividing ourselves when really and truly it doesn't have to be that way and the two are very similar in culture, cuisine, and behavior.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 984 times
well its like that when we have our backs and our foot to the ground and white america is prejudice so we look at each other and have nothing in common except get money,no embrace or sit down and share is what the problem is except the man that loves to chase the AA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or