U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 AM

8,225 posts, read 10,797,908 times

Advertisements

Why would Africans and Carribeans be proud of where they are from?
Most are 3rd world countries,and get this,they can't say its racism because blacks form the majority in their home countries.

So really,they have not one reason,not even half a reason,to look down on anyone when they live in war torn,3rd world countries. No reason to look down on AA,not one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 AM

21,463 posts, read 19,332,544 times
Since we are talking about Africans in the US, it might be different as, except for refugees, African immigrants are doing fine on average, they are very educated and successful. Probably because they belong to African elites...

Old 12-19-2012, 05:04 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,450,641 times
Maybe you aren't as beautiful as you think you are. Maybe you offend other black women because of your superior attitude.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 AM

8,225 posts, read 10,797,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Since we are talking about Africans in the US, it might be different as, except for refugees, African immigrants are doing fine on average, they are very educated and successful. Probably because they belong to African elites...
Ok,they are doing great in the Usa,but they still have not one reason to come to another country and look down on the natuves(black americans).

Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 AM

21,463 posts, read 19,332,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Ok,they are doing great in the Usa,but they still have not one reason to come to another country and look down on the natuves(black americans).
Sure, it is not nice...
Maybe they think like, we are the original, you are just diluted copies

Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM

46 posts, read 152,745 times
Quote:
Why would Africans and Carribeans be proud of where they are from?
Most are 3rd world countries,and get this,they can't say its racism because blacks form the majority in their home countries.

So really,they have not one reason,not even half a reason,to look down on anyone when they live in war torn,3rd world countries. No reason to look down on AA,not one.
I think you really are jealous or prejudice against black people who are from Africa. In some ways you think you are better than them. Are you mad that they actually speak articulately, have more drive and passion to succeed than stereotypical black american men and women? No one is better than no one, and mainstream white america often use Africans, specifically Nigerians as a model on how black american men and women should act and succeed in America.

I would not say they look down upon you. It is more that they don't like to be perpetuated by the black stereotype that most people in this country views negatively. More times than not you do see African men chasing black american woman, heck our president married an educated young black american woman from the city. However if they don't act "black enough" they will be labeled as an uncle tom or a cornball brotha. Whats wrong with placing an emphasis on education, talking articulately, and having a passion to be successful?

Last edited by DipGrant; 12-19-2012 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 12:36 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstiffany View Post
I live here in charlotte nc, and am originally from NJ. Why is it time and time again when i run into a woman that came here from a country in Africa, she always has a dirty attitude towards me? And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
It is because they have an inferiority complex. Most of these people come here and are amazed at how much more advanced we are, than in their own country. ---See what their reaction would be if they were to be deported, how they would dig in their heals, scream bloody murder, and do everything possible to stay.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM

46 posts, read 152,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is because they have an inferiority complex. Most of these people come here and are amazed at how much more advanced we are, than in their own country. ---See what their reaction would be if they were to be deported, how they would dig in their heals, scream bloody murder, and do everything possible to stay.
Totally inaccurate...what makes you think that youre the one who has the inferiority complex. Dont get mad that they are more successful. If other immigrants can succeed when they come to America, is it really racial intolerance that is holding the black community back in America. How about taking some accountability.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM

7,577 posts, read 2,441,945 times
Quote:
So let me guess,you would be ok with integrating Sharia law in the Usa?
Besides,it part of some immigrants bringing their culture here.
The fact is they did discard it,learned to speak English,didn't wave their flags from their mother countries around,and do forth. Many traditions were kept,but many were also shed. If we were truly a melting pot the majority of people won't speak English in America today. Can you imagine if the German immigrants waved the German flag around and demanded things be written in German?
I hear many carribeans say"I'm only here to make money and go back home".
I'm sorry, but that's so wrong on aLL LEVELS.
Let's not be silly. Maintaining traditions would have to comport with the Constitition...LOL. Who is they? English is not the original language of this land. People maintained traditions while others were lost over time. That happens with all groups the longer they exist in a nation. I have seen a number of flags growing up where Idid, German included. Do Greek festivals offend you too? It's only a problem for some when certain cultural groups maintain and meld their cultures.

I see no problem with people working here and going home. As long as they positively contribute to society.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM

7,577 posts, read 2,441,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
I think you really are jealous or prejudice against black people who are from Africa. In some ways you think you are better than them. Are you mad that they actually speak articulately, have more drive and passion to succeed than stereotypical black american men and women? No one is better than no one, and mainstream white america often use Africans, specifically Nigerians as a model on how black american men and women should act and succeed in America.

I would not say they look down upon you. It is more that they don't like to be perpetuated by the black stereotype that most people in this country views negatively. More times than not you do see African men chasing black american woman, heck our president married an educated young black american woman from the city. However if they don't act "black enough" they will be labeled as an uncle tom or a cornball brotha. Whats wrong with placing an emphasis on education, talking articulately, and having a passion to be successful?
I agree overall. Good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or