Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM

277 posts, read 506,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
. Where's is the accountability within these African nations that they can't succeed within their own nation. No African-American is jealous of African success. They have their own success.
Why do you even care!!! They are successful in America, my goodness. That is all that matters. We are in the United States of America. You making excuses trying to downplay their success is an example of a person who is jealous and envious. That is basically what haters do, you're doing the same thing. Dont hate, appreciate.

[/quote]

I conclude that you are trolling and this will be my last post to you. You are comparing immigrants to the local population i.e., Africans or Nigerians on average do better than the local black population. I did the same. I compared immigrants in Africa or Nigeria that do better than the local African population. If you think the less fortunate locals should show accountability because they can't measure up to the more fortunate then the same applies to the local populations everywhere in comparison to the immigrant population. Africa would be no differently. Their local population must show some accountability for not measuring up to the more fortunate immigrants. I already told you that immigrants on average tend to do better than the local population. You are comparing the more fortunate of immigrants to the less fortunate local population. Apples and Oranges or Apples to Rotten Apples. No African-American is jealous of any immigrant. Maybe you wish it was that way. African-Americans have their own success in the U.S. and abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 02:05 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
That's why I find it bizzare when people give Halle Berry as an example of a 'beautiful black women'. What are considered attractive black women in the US are bascially mixed race women with a dark complexion.

It would seem then that dark women are on the bottom of the scrap heap, even in Africa
Not necessarily so, these women (just to name a few) are very beautiful and nowhere near the bottom of the scrap heap...

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Akosua Busia (The Color Purple)

Naturi Naughton (Fame)

N'Bushe Wright (Blade)

Jessica White (Big Momma's House 2)

Viola Davis (The Help)

Brenda Sykes (One Life to Live)

Kenya Moore (Waiting to Exhale)

Lauryn Hill (Surf's Up)

Gabrielle Union (BadBoys II)

Tomiko Fraser (Monster-In-Law)

Kelly Rowland (The Concert for New York City)

Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 PM

44 posts, read 210,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonandStars View Post
Why do you even care!!! They are successful in America, my goodness. That is all that matters. We are in the United States of America. You making excuses trying to downplay their success is an example of a person who is jealous and envious. That is basically what haters do, you're doing the same thing. Dont hate, appreciate.
I conclude that you are trolling and this will be my last post to you. You are comparing immigrants to the local population i.e., Africans or Nigerians on average do better than the local black population. I did the same. I compared immigrants in Africa or Nigeria that do better than the local African population. If you think the less fortunate locals should show accountability because they can't measure up to the more fortunate then the same applies to the local populations everywhere in comparison to the immigrant population. Africa would be no differently. Their local population must show some accountability for not measuring up to the more fortunate immigrants. I already told you that immigrants on average tend to do better than the local population. You are comparing the more fortunate of immigrants to the less fortunate local population. Apples and Oranges or Apples to Rotten Apples. No African-American is jealous of any immigrant. Maybe you wish it was that way. African-Americans have their own success in the U.S. and abroad.[/quote]

I'm not comparing anything, you're the one who is doing all the comparing. And I say this again, WHO CARES. Im not trolling just speaking the truth. The op made a post that she thinks Africans look down upon her and made an ignorant statement about African men and women. I just called her out and told her it's the opposite. You are really jealous of them. That's it. You're trying to downplay African success by saying historically immigrants do better than the native locals. Its a cop-out, excuse, defense mechanism or whatever.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 AM

867 posts, read 1,397,784 times
Quote:
Yeah I find it fishy that immigrants want to live in another man's country as their native self. Awfully disrespectful. If you immigrate to another country and culture then you endowed in that culture and learn their ways. They wouldn't like if AA bring the same attitude to Africa. I wish AA come to an agreement to start immigrating en masse to other people's country just so we can set up our community and still be Americans, wave our flag, disrespect the native culture as useless and ghetto, talk badly about the less fortunate, side with the enemy, etc.. They wouldn't like that. I'm serious. I'm going to start a movement to get AA to start immigrating and form a nation (community) outside the US. Let's see all the negativity people will have to say then.
LMAO you think like me...funny ish.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
We are not in Africa though, we are in America. They are doing better than most African Americans so there is no reason why you should tell them to go back to there home country to succeed. That is somewhat reverse discrimination. No different than telling a mexican immigrant to find a job in mexico rather than the US. Why are you so focused on the bad about Nigerian people rather than the good? That tells me you are consumed with jealousy and hate. I have a degree in psychology and no person who is comfortable with themselves and other people would want to defame another person. Like high school, the popular girl has all the attention, however you know some of the skeletons in her closet and you are just trying to find the right time to reveal them to the world in order to satisfy your ego. African American woman like you are jealous of African success. That is the bottom line.
SMH. youre from california or somewhere in the west arent you?

Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstiffany View Post
I live here in charlotte nc, and am originally from NJ. Why is it time and time again when i run into a woman that came here from a country in Africa, she always has a dirty attitude towards me? And why is it that every african male that ive ever met has always told me that he was rich and building a mansion back in " his country"? if thats the case, why are they here in the usa instead of back in their country?
Maybe its because youre from Jersey...could you elaborate.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
I'm not comparing anything, you're the one who is doing all the comparing. And I say this again, WHO CARES. Im not trolling just speaking the truth. The op made a post that she thinks Africans look down upon her and made an ignorant statement about African men and women. I just called her out and told her it's the opposite. You are really jealous of them. That's it. You're trying to downplay African success by saying historically immigrants do better than the native locals. Its a cop-out, excuse, defense mechanism or whatever.
Exactly. It's very clear.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
I found this funny. I noticed Africans love to claim Barrack as African though he wasn't born in Africa or African culture and just as American as any African-American. The man had to meet his father. Obama never claims Africa but Africa claims him as one of them. The man is aiding in the Africom project to possibly war on Africa's land yet you people love him.
LOL Obama didn't even live near or have any meaningful association with Blacks until he was an adult. That's far from the average experience of most Black Americans. Sorry what ever tenous roots he has to Black people he obtained through Africa and his marriage to Michelle.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:03 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
I found this funny. I noticed Africans love to claim Barrack as African though he wasn't born in Africa or African culture and just as American as any African-American. The man had to meet his father. Obama never claims Africa but Africa claims him as one of them. The man is aiding in the Africom project to possibly war on Africa's land yet you people love him.
He is African as his father is Kenyan. Stop attempting to strip Obama of ties to his country of descent. He claims his Kenyan family, and they claim him.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 6,732 times
Exactly what actions do you consider "stinky attitude" ? Why do you assume that a whole category of people "hate" you? I mean who the heck are you anyway? I think you have convinced yourself of a stereotype and your running with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa