Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:17 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times

Advertisements

It's time to come together in unity, even while celebrating our cultural differences as Black people. This divisive nonsense needs to end. It is best to find ways to connect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:25 PM

233 posts, read 906,727 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;27421337]

Btw,YOU need to learn history also.
Black americans weren't really free after 1865. The civil rights act was in 1965,around the same as some African countries became independent.
Just think,if it wasn't for them marching,you wouldn't be here to talk smack to them. QUOTE]

I wish more Blacks (African, Caribbean and Hispanics) took the time to understand how their existence and/or success in this country today, can be attributed to the blood, sweat and tears from the African Americans of the Civil Rights era. I mean, they fought and marched for Blacks (Negro), not African Americans.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 PM

277 posts, read 506,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Very well said

I have heard African Americans are jealous of Africans because of their success. So AAs accuse them of 'acting white'; Africans say they are jealous and not happy unless everyone with dark skin is in the ghetto and hating whites.

Africans concern themselves with hard work rather than this hate
African-Americans aren't jealous of Africans because some of them are successful. That's a myth Africans made up to flatter themselves and to chest thump. African-Americans are pretty successful themselves. Not all Africans concern themselves with hard work. There are successful Nigerians that got where they at through HONESTY and INTEGRITY and while others choose to deal drugs and commit fraud. I dated and lived with Nigerians so I know how many of them are. Yes, many of them do drugs too. African-Americans just got their "freedom" 45 years ago and many of the ills will not be replaced in such a short period of time. Generations have to pass and within 50 years of "freedom" it's only been 1 generation anew. How would you like if AA go to Africa and talk about Africa's condition and say it's because they aren't accountable or lazy. You wouldn't like that would you. No African-American living abroad (a rare few) collect welfare, commit crime, get handouts. They all are hardworking and ACCOUNTABLE.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
Youre also pretty ignorant. For centuries, even until the the late 1950's practically all of Africa was colonized by the British.
I noticed Africans have an excuse but African-Americans don't. For centuries even until the late 1960s African-Americans were oppressed and subjugated and prohibited to having access to all necessities of life. Adequate housing, education, loans, jobs, healthcare, etc..but that's not a reason for their present condition but Africa's colonization is.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I have heard it the other way round, namely that AAs are jealous of African immigrants because of their success
You only heard that through Africans. AA aren't jealous of Africans trust me.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
More times than not you do see African men chasing black american woman, heck our president married an educated young black american woman from the city
I found this funny. I noticed Africans love to claim Barrack as African though he wasn't born in Africa or African culture and just as American as any African-American. The man had to meet his father. Obama never claims Africa but Africa claims him as one of them. The man is aiding in the Africom project to possibly war on Africa's land yet you people love him.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If an immigrant wants to preserve their traditions in the Usa,well,they should go back to where they came from.
Yeah I find it fishy that immigrants want to live in another man's country as their native self. Awfully disrespectful. If you immigrate to another country and culture then you endowed in that culture and learn their ways. They wouldn't like if AA bring the same attitude to Africa. I wish AA come to an agreement to start immigrating en masse to other people's country just so we can set up our community and still be Americans, wave our flag, disrespect the native culture as useless and ghetto, talk badly about the less fortunate, side with the enemy, etc.. They wouldn't like that. I'm serious. I'm going to start a movement to get AA to start immigrating and form a nation (community) outside the US. Let's see all the negativity people will have to say then.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
That's why I find it bizzare when people give Halle Berry as an example of a 'beautiful black women'. What are considered attractive black women in the US are bascially mixed race women with a dark complexion.

It would seem then that dark women are on the bottom of the scrap heap, even in Africa
In the US black women are considered beautiful as long as you don't look too "African" which is considered ugly. Though I don't see all this mixed race type of black on television, black men and black women in the media look black but with an American countenance.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Totally inaccurate...what makes you think that youre the one who has the inferiority complex. Dont get mad that they are more successful. If other immigrants can succeed when they come to America, is it really racial intolerance that is holding the black community back in America. How about taking some accountability.
Why they don't succeed the same way in their own country. Do you believe if AA immigrant in large numbers to an African nation that they wouldn't succeed the local population. I noticed immigrants do well when they are outside their country. What you see in the U.S. among the AA population is no differently than what you will see in the afro-caribbean countries or african countries, i.e., the local black population don't do as well as the immigrants. The immigrants in African countries do better than Africans. Immigrants in Afro-Caribbean countries do better than afro-caribbeans. Is it because those native Africans and Caribbeans are lazy and unaccountable. What you see in america is the same thing you will find in your country.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Totally inaccurate...what makes you think that youre the one who has the inferiority complex. Dont get mad that they are more successful. If other immigrants can succeed when they come to America, is it really racial intolerance that is holding the black community back in America. How about taking some accountability.
If immigrant can succeed when they go to african nations or caribbean nations then what is holding the local black population back from succeeding like the immigrants. How about Africans take some accountability to succeed like they see the immigrants in their countries doing. You must have forgotten that the immigrants in African nations out succeed the Africans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa