U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM

21,482 posts, read 19,342,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I accidentally Repped you instead of responding!

I've traveled to various continents and am from a "third world" country. I would say most non-white people's image of "attractive" is as white as imaginably possible.

And as a black person, hey people who are "naturally dark" are not striving for the same goal. I'm not doing any skin-bleaching and I enjoy natural vitamin-d and tanning. So I can survive to inherit the world we've crapped up.

But WAH apparently the majority of marrigeable African guys are looking for women of the "first color." IE the lighter colored skin. I don't think they're going to spit on a white woman, either. ke ke ke. Because her skin is too white. Almost all guys love white women...even non-tanned/brown women.

Has anyone posted pictures of bleaching African ladies?

Anyway, I am too tired to look for them, but in Senegal it is a big enough issue there's an anti-bleaching campaign.
I hope that campaign works, would be a shame if someone as beautiful as the woman on that billboard ruined her looks Compared to her Klum looks like a scarecrow

The odd thing is that I guess most white people these days like black looks more than black people themselves do. I don't think European men find a woman more attractive if she were less black, with identical features. I guess black people erroneously think that white people don't like black people's blackness.

The only "good" thing about bleaching is that, at least regarding the skin color, it is only skin deep. Unless the person has really ruined his or her DNA with that dangerous stuff, their children will be just as dark as their parents were before bleaching All they do is increase the likelihood of having handicapped, yet dark-skinned children...

Last edited by Neuling; 02-28-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 PM

1,093 posts, read 2,281,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
oh, please. I am white and I know I have not had your experiences in being black but, totally believe we are moving past this kind of thing and we will, if people will let go of the old prejudices, black and white.
You've taken the White-guilt bait

The color-thing has nothing to do with colonialism. I am 100% european and my grandmother always said my skin was the best in the family because it was the lightest shade. We weren't colonised. Preference for paler skin has been around since long before colonialism.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 AM

6,987 posts, read 15,492,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
You've taken the White-guilt bait

The color-thing has nothing to do with colonialism. I am 100% european and my grandmother always said my skin was the best in the family because it was the lightest shade. We weren't colonised. Preference for paler skin has been around since long before colonialism.
You are wrong my friend. Africans who do not have this brain washing do not favor light skin. Its cool that your white grandmother thinks you have great skin because your light, but what does that have to do with Africa? NOTHING! Africans do not think like Europeans, unless of course we are talking about the black anglosaxons (that's another story). My wife lived in Egypt and one day some men from Nigeria were talking to her and her friends. The Nigerian asked my wife what she was, when she said African, he said "nope, your a half caste, a zebra" and then they started laughing. My wife is fair skinned. I should add, generally light skinned people in Africa are referred to as "half caste" and that isn't a term of endearment, I assure you. My point is, Africans generally do not favor light skin. At least not in African populations that have not been colonized mentally. You can't try and compare your experiences with a group that has nothing to do with you culturally, its apples and oranges.

P.S.

Whites have NOTHING to be guilty about. Africans enslaved MILLIONS and MILLIONS of whites in North and West Africa centuries before even ONE black man ever left Africa as a slave. Africans also colonized Europe first, before they colonized Africa. So my point is, Africans complaining about whites doing x, y and z do not know history. Whites feeling guilty also don't know history. People do bad things, that's a given, regardless of race.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Your PS paragraph in particular is really odd, to put it mildly...

Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Your PS paragraph in particular is really odd, to put it mildly...
Yes, history can be quit odd for those unacquainted with it. But let me help you out.

Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters

White Slaves, African Masters

Also watch this video that talks a bit about history but also about genetics in north africa:

Dr. Shomarka Keita - YouTube

You have to understand something. White Europeans have only had any real power relatively recently, say from 1400 till the present. That happens with the fall of the Moors, who were Black Africans. But even after that fall, whites still were being taken as slaves into North and West Africa.

Great video on the Moors

When the Moors (Muslims) Ruled Europe: Documentary (full) - YouTube

By the way the two above mentioned books were written by whites so we don't have to worry about the idea of "afrocentrism" creeping in. The fact is, many whites have this false sense of superiority, when in fact, they are very late to the world stage. That isn't to belittle anyone, but just to say, they are not the first people to rule the world. Africans did it and Africans enslaved just as many whites as whites enslaved Africans. If you really want to go far back, the empires of Kush and Kemet (egypt) were the first that I know of to have enslaved large numbers of whites.

My point is, people are people and no one group is more evil than the other. People do bad crap, its a part of being human.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Sorry, that is just a lot of nonsense, regardless of the color of the people claiming stuff. For instance, moors were not black, just like North Africans are usually not black, but Arabs or Berbers. Ancient Egyptians were not black, either, although black people like to hijack that culture these days in order to have something to be proud of.
Nor did Moors/Muslims ever rule Europe, they only ruled on the Iberian peninsula for some time, until they were finally kicked out

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against black people, but such wild statements don't help at all...

Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Sorry, that is just a lot of nonsense, regardless of the color of the people claiming stuff. For instance, moors were not black, just like North Africans are usually not black, but Arabs or Berbers. Ancient Egyptians were not black, either, although black people like to hijack that culture these days in order to have something to be proud of.
Nor did Moors/Muslims ever rule Europe, they only ruled on the Iberian peninsula for some time, until they were finally kicked out

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against black people, but such wild statements don't help at all...
Well lets see here. I have provided you proof from scholars/researchers and you have provided me with your imagination. We can't have intelligent conversation this way. One of us has done research and the other is dealing with fantasy.

Also forgot to mention Africans were ruling in Sicily, what is now Portugal, and Ireland. There was even a claim made by a welsh priest that Africans were even ruling in England at one point.

I will provide the name of the book written by the welsh priest when I have time.

Lastly you really don't know enough about history to intelligently discuss this with. When you read Herodotus' book the histories, it clearly says in his time (500 bc or so) North Africa was "aethiop" which means BLACK or literally burned face. Strabo and Pliny the Elder make the same statements and there were there to see the people. North Africa doesn't become mixed until 700 AD and that's when they started bringing in European slaves and mixing with them. If you bothered to watch the BBC video I posted the person narrates descriptions of the Moors and she says "black as pitch". See the thing is, you suffer from brain washing. You have been taught to think whites have had some free reign of the world, and its just not true. Whites do not contribute to history significantly until the 1600 or so. As for Ancient Egypt not being black, that's comical and not worth addressing.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:45 AM

Yes indeed, I won't even bother to waste my time on that. Africans never ruled in Europe, North Africans ruled in Iberia for some time, that's it. And they were not black at all.
That is just desperate Afro-centric wishful thinking, sorry. People like Winters etc. should be sued for the nonsense they keep spreading.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,769,399 times
In an interview I saw asking African males which they preferred most all said they like chocolate colored women.

I think a lot of the skin bleaching now is due to seeing light skinned celebrities and TV presenters. They want to be like their favorite rich and famous person. Of course in Asia being darker is linked to being working class, being light has long been associated with higher class and wealth.

I really don't think "many" whites these days have a sense of superiority. There are a few backward types still around but that isn't the norm anymore.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yes indeed, I won't even bother to waste my time on that. Africans never ruled in Europe, North Africans ruled in Iberia for some time, that's it. And they were not black at all.
That is just desperate Afro-centric wishful thinking, sorry. People like Winters etc. should be sued for the nonsense they keep spreading.
*chuckle*

Oh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or