U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM

32,135 posts, read 33,044,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
He's disabled...and famous...so allowances will be made.
Agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 AM

Another twist in the case:
Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl faces culpable homicide charge - CNN.com

Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM

38 posts, read 51,876 times
Originally Posted by Ghengis
they will have to confiscate his prosthetic legs, otherwise he'll be able to just go boing...boing...boing, and over the prison wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
You're joking, right? I don't consider ones disabilities a joking matter.
Of course he is joking, Oscar deserves to serve a full sentence for his 'short footings!' All because he threw a tantrum about not being allowed to compete in the Olympics and turned to the courts to make a public issue of the subject because he thought he was being discriminated against. I think we were all surprised that the Olympic committee opened the door for him in the first place. I personally didn't know the guy but, by doing that they and the public created an ego that was destined to crash eventually. Unfortunately it cost a seemingly lovely young woman her life and a lot of suffering amongst her family.

I don't know why he doesn't just put his best foot forward and just admit he might have been in a rage due to the steroids, still a little high and drunk from the night before and committed the crime and take it like a man. If it was you or I, we would have been in jail 30 mins after the dreaded shots were fired, but because the publicity around the olympics overinflated his persona and the fact he has a lot of following and money of course, he still walks free. He should have just been happy as a gold medalist in the special Olympics, but greed was too much for him and it didn't take long to corrupt his life through his actions.

Free for now......but justice will prevail......the rest of his life is scarred.

I might add that if he does go to jail in South Africa, when he comes out he might have additional sexual preferences because it is a coin toss if he will be protected in prison, if they finally do convict him of the crime and set a sentence.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM

Oscar Pistorius 'negotiating with Reeva Steenkamp's parents to avoid expensive civil lawsuit' | Mail Online

Old 03-02-2014, 06:12 AM

Oscar Pistorius on trial: Explore each side's case - CNN.com

Old 03-04-2014, 01:08 AM

15,265 posts, read 12,610,316 times
the case on tv has been stopped as the witness giving evidence photo has been shown on a universtiy website.. she had asked not to be seen, but as its not a live photo from the court its being discussed on which way this can be handled.. I cant see anything wroing in this.. although at first I thought the photo had been taken with a phone in court ..

Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,337,407 times
Remember they said someone from the security company called him and he said everything was fine or something to that effect although he had already shot her? Do you believe he was "in shock" at that point or waiting for his inside team to show up to help him spin his story?

Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 AM

15,265 posts, read 12,610,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Remember they said someone from the security company called him and he said everything was fine or something to that effect although he had already shot her? Do you believe he was "in shock" at that point or waiting for his inside team to show up to help him spin his story?
To help him with his story big time..... he phoned his brother, friend before an ambulance.... Oscar is all ME ME ME first and she could wait for attention while he got it all together..

Old 03-30-2014, 11:22 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,337,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
To help him with his story big time..... he phoned his brother, friend before an ambulance.... Oscar is all ME ME ME first and she could wait for attention while he got it all together..
Unfortunately, that is how it looked to me also. I haven't been following the case closely. I can't believe the number of cases in the news of people killing a partner. Why not separate or divorce? Why not move away? Why not get a restraining order? What is so bad that you have to shoot somebody (or push them over a cliff or poison them)?

Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 AM

644 posts, read 671,754 times
I can only imagine if Forest Gump killed Jenny like Mr. Pistorious killed his girlfriend. They should take his legs from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or