Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 AM

823 posts, read 1,960,687 times

Advertisements

He most likely will end up in jail for killing his girlfriend (nobody is buying his story), so I wonder...a white celebrity with no legs...how will be jail time for him in a country like South Africa, with such a past of racial conflict and inequlity?

I wonder if whites and black shere cells? Should him get special treatment because he has no legs so he wont be able to defend himelf in case he's targeted??
He most likely will end up in jail for killing his girlfriend (nobody is buying his story), so I wonder...a white celebrity with no legs...how will be jail time for him in a country like South Africa, with such a past of racial conflict and inequlity?

I wonder if whites and black shere cells? Should him get special treatment because he has no legs so he wont be able to defend himelf in case he's targeted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,952,986 times
He is wealthy, they are always treated better than the poor, in and out of jail. I'm sure he will be treated well if it comes to him being found guilty. He is very well thought of in South Africa. He has no legs but you do realize the accomplishments of this man as a track star.

With so much crime, the rich hide behind big gated communities, security guards and systems and some residents arm themselves as anyone would expect. The country needs some honest leadership to address major problems and Zuma sure isn't it.

If you want to read about a messed up case in South Africa, read about the Murder of Anni Dewani. And that scumbag husband has never been forced to return to face accusations he masterminded the crime. If he had been just an average Joe of modest means they would have had him back there long ago.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,865,134 times
they will have to confiscate his prosthetic legs, otherwise he'll be able to just go boing...boing...boing, and over the prison wall.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,952,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
they will have to confiscate his prosthetic legs, otherwise he'll be able to just go boing...boing...boing, and over the prison wall.
You're joking, right? I don't consider ones disabilities a joking matter.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM

3,027 posts, read 7,889,731 times
The weapon was there,I was wondering if they did a parifin test on hands for gun powder residue,saw pic of him bent over leaving house with police.Maybe have other method now?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:57 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,865,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
You're joking, right? I don't consider ones disabilities a joking matter.
dis-ability? for shame on you

Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM

43,303 posts, read 44,001,476 times
I assume that if he is proven guilty, he will go to jail like any other guilty person. As for his legs, I am sure he has a regular set of prosthetic legs (not the ones used for running) that he would be using for everyday usage.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM

837 posts, read 2,068,053 times
I tried finding Oscar's alibi, but couldn't find it. Most news articles simply infer that he is guilty, and it gives the neighbors' spin on it (multiple incidences of domestic dispute).

What IS his alibi? Is there a possibility that he was framed?

I am neither siding with/against him but am curious to see how this plays out. It sounds like a fair trial is doubtful.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,672,328 times
This was after a head injury. Head injuries can make a person prone to violence afterwards in life.
Not sure I buy the intruder aspect.
" February 2009, Pistorius was seriously injured when he was thrown from a boat in an accident on the Vaal River near Johannesburg. He was airlifted to Milpark Hospital where he underwent surgery to repair broken facial bones including his nose and jaw"

"In 2009 Pistorius was arrested and charged with common assault by South African police for slamming a door on a woman at his home. The charges were later dropped" (sept 2009)

Oscar Pistorius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Some men may have a head injury, which can further contribute to impulsivity, chronic irritability and high frustration level. Brain damage may be the result of being born to a crack-addicted mother, experiencing violence from a parent or from a car or sports accident."

http://www.angriesout.com/family.htm

"
reported a 70% incidence of post traumatic irritability of which 20% was defined as violent behavior that could persist for at least 5 years after injury.2 Aggression following head trauma is often poorly directed, unrelated to any specific trigger, and can occur with minimal or no provocation."

PsychiatryOnline | The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences | Neuropsychological and Neurobehavioral Correlates of Aggression Following Traumatic Brain Injury

Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,604,351 times
I imagine SA is just like the USA -- If you can afford a high-priced lawyer, he can get you special treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa