U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 560 times

Advertisements

Africans do have their own religions. And who told you Jesus is (was) a white man with blue eyes? Funny enough, none of the predominant religions originated from the white man's land. Asia has single handedly produced about 90% of them. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, name them

As for Judaism and Christianity, I wouldn't so much consider them white man's religions. Both religions originated from from Israel. A country which is, as a matter of fact, encircled by Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Gaza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 09:57 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,229,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsteve20 View Post
Africans do have their own religions. And who told you Jesus is (was) a white man with blue eyes? Funny enough, none of the predominant religions originated from the white man's land. Asia has single handedly produced about 90% of them. Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, name them

As for Judaism and Christianity, I wouldn't so much consider them white man's religions. Both religions originated from from Israel. A country which is, as a matter of fact, encircled by Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Gaza.
You may want to speak to people from those countries to get some insight on how they identify as it relates to race. I find most of these threads about race laughable as they're usually posted by a "white-Americans" or "black-Americans" making a hell of a lot of assumptions about the mindset and opinions of others cultures.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:01 PM

691 posts, read 918,542 times
As far as African religious beliefs, what was told to me directly to my face by actual Africans, in my experience, there are 3
types of people Christians, Muslims and Traditionalists but it seemed that they were nominal Christians and Muslims as these
same Christians and Muslims believed in a lot of things the Traditionalists believed in.

In general, a strong belief in witchcraft and ways to detect who is a witch,a secret society who announced their coming with
drums as a warning, so the people would know when they arrived not to look at them least something would happen to them
within 3 days.

Devils who come out and dance among and with the people. In talking to some Africans, I didn't know they were Traditionalists until it came out of their mouths in a general conversation. I was talking to a Yoruba person once and he
commented "Everyone comes from Africa, black, white, asian everyone" I am thinking in terms of the oldest bones found
in Kenya. BUT THEN HE SAID THIS: "Oladumare had 7 sons and one the Sun God he populated the whole earth with people."

It then dawned on me, so I said "Oshun she is the water goddess right?" He then said, " You people see water, we see
Oshun".

I said to myself, This is WAY OUTSIDE Western Thinking"

Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 PM

691 posts, read 918,542 times
Lots of Effect and Cause Thinking.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM

5,264 posts, read 1,053,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There are a few white man religions that are successful in converting the africans to their religions. African Americans have totally absorbed white mans religion and worship blond blue eyed Jesus. Why have Africans never invented their OWN religions in the way that all other races have?
Can you link to a picture of a blue eyed Jesus? I am white and never knew that Jesus has blue eyes.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:52 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,229,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Can you link to a picture of a blue eyed Jesus? I am white and never knew that Jesus has blue eyes.

This picture came up when I typed blue eyed Jesus.
Attached Thumbnails
How come Africans don't have their OWN religions?-bej.png  

Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa