U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 AM

10 posts, read 13,187 times

Advertisements

HI , every member here

I am Ahmed from Alexandria Egypt
self employee yet the market in Egypt greatly affected and the policy been complex alot .

I am preparing to open business in south Africa

so i need info.
about market there , which field is vital , some costs about life cost , what i can do there to do thing profetable and make me know new people there to transfer my capital there

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,776,795 times
I actually think you would be better off looking for a forum that is based in SA or at least one that is frequented by those living in South Africa. This forum is made up of those interested in the continent but most of which are not living there. South Africa has had some past problems with Xenophobia, not liking foreigners coming there to live. You may know that but thought I'd mention it. You may search for expat forums or blogs, that may help with some of your basic cost of living questions. I would research well before visiting. The Rand has been down, of course they aren't happy about that. It's about 10 to 1 dollar right now. People are generally frustrated there now. You might wait and see what changes the election brings next year. I hope Zuma does not get elected again, if he does there will be no positive changes. I would read the papers there too, if you aren't already doing so. Hope I've helped a bit.

Egyptian in South Africa, Egyptian expats living in South Africa

Ad's for about everything here
Free classifieds in South Africa, classified ads in South Africa (For Sale in South Africa, Vehicles in South Africa, Real Estate in South Africa, Community in South Africa,...)

News sources
Home - Breaking SA and World News, Sports, Business, Entertainment and more - Times LIVE
News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I actually think you would be better off looking for a forum that is based in SA or at least one that is frequented by those living in South Africa. This forum is made up of those interested in the continent but most of which are not living there. South Africa has had some past problems with Xenophobia, not liking foreigners coming there to live. You may know that but thought I'd mention it. You may search for expat forums or blogs, that may help with some of your basic cost of living questions. I would research well before visiting. The Rand has been down, of course they aren't happy about that. It's about 10 to 1 dollar right now. People are generally frustrated there now. You might wait and see what changes the election brings next year. I hope Zuma does not get elected again, if he does there will be no positive changes. I would read the papers there too, if you aren't already doing so. Hope I've helped a bit.

Egyptian in South Africa, Egyptian expats living in South Africa

Ad's for about everything here
Free classifieds in South Africa, classified ads in South Africa (For Sale in South Africa, Vehicles in South Africa, Real Estate in South Africa, Community in South Africa,...)

News sources
Home - Breaking SA and World News, Sports, Business, Entertainment and more - Times LIVE
News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more.

Thanks for every thing it is so helpful
but in fact in Egypt is getting worse my business been stopped cause of Recession
so I am preparing to move my capital to other country have better life and vital market < < for egyptian it's to hard to get visa to better country but for SA more easier

Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 AM

Glad to help. I would suggest you focus on Cape Town, though they have their crime problems too, I think it would suit you better and it is a very beautiful place. What kind of business do you operate? You might consult the forums below as they maybe helpful with regard to immigration type questions and about your business. I'm sure those there can be more help to you. Good luck.

South Africa Expat Forum for Expats Living in South Africa - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad
South Africa expat Forum | InterNations.org
http://boardreader.com/fp/Expat_Foru...vi_844708.html

Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 AM

I'm very grateful for you MR. tod00 > > > iam planing to start trading business and make Business relationships to move my whole capital to there > > I am trying to find out some people there to make some relation before moving

Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 AM

2,174 posts, read 4,405,166 times
I'm curious, IDrittes, why South Africa? Is it easier to immigrate there than other countries? South Africa is a beautiful country with so much potential but it also has a lot of problems.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Your welcome, Idrittes. Though this is an Egyptian-American professional society Facebook page, you may find members in jobs in other countries. So it maybe a way to network and make some friends. You may something useful on the 2nd link, it talks of doing business in SA. You have to register like on a forum. And lastly, an SA company directory, it might save you steps if wanting infor on a business. Good luck to you.

TrueDat, I think he thought of SA due to it being easier to get a visa within the continent than outside of it.

https://www.facebook.com/eaps.ny‎
Operating a Business in South Africa
Companies | Business directory listing

Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I'm curious, IDrittes, why South Africa? Is it easier to immigrate there than other countries? South Africa is a beautiful country with so much potential but it also has a lot of problems.

Welcome TRUE DAT .
I chose SA after long Comparison between many countries according to
-move legally
-the cost of beginning a private business
-benefits
-The ability of legal stability " to move my whole capital from egypt later "
-how easy to make Social relationships and business relationships with different people
-ENGLISH

that is the summary of why i choose SA < < < IF i was able to move to better country it was to be great

my future step planing to move to Australia after build my business in SA

Every country have problems but the point here is how to use pros points to make benefits

Old 09-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Your welcome, Idrittes. Though this is an Egyptian-American professional society Facebook page, you may find members in jobs in other countries. So it maybe a way to network and make some friends. You may something useful on the 2nd link, it talks of doing business in SA. You have to register like on a forum. And lastly, an SA company directory, it might save you steps if wanting infor on a business. Good luck to you.

TrueDat, I think he thought of SA due to it being easier to get a visa within the continent than outside of it.
Thanks for all

THE 2CD LINK WAS SO USEFUL FOR ME

Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 AM

2,174 posts, read 4,405,166 times
If South Africa doesn't work out, you might look into Botswana and Namibia as well. They border South Africa, have growing, relatively free-market economies, and seem to have sound political systems. And they seem to have avoided many of the problems and pitfalls of post-colonial Africa. Botswana is consistently ranked as the least corrupt country in Africa. I have no idea what their immigration policies are though. Good luck wherever you land!

Botswana: Economy >> globalEDGE: Your source for Global Business Knowledge

Botswana proves African governments shouldn't go it alone | Global development | theguardian.com

Namibia: Economy >> globalEDGE: Your source for Global Business Knowledge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or