U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
 
4,456 posts, read 3,713,151 times
Reputation: 3109

Advertisements

Quote:
Self-empowerment eliminates poverty." ~ I.L.B.P
Very good. And re: charity...the quip could be an argument about 'cooperation' and it doesn't even have to involve the West but just the continent itself...for its mutual benefit. I don't live there so I'd be curious as to how that's going.

“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”
Jack London
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2013, 02:47 PM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,532,718 times
Reputation: 6846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
But it is true that Egyptians were diverse in skin colors and that among them did include darker skinned Egyptian peoples as well as lighter ones and ones who ran the skin color gamuts and everything in between.
Yes, absolutely true.

The problem is that Afrocentrists will not accept that any deviation from "black" existed in ancient Egypt, which is obviously false. You can see by the artwork and mummies that they were a mixed race people, and the work of geneticists has absolutely confirmed this, as well as the work of Keita, who Afrocentrists strangely like to cite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,532,718 times
Reputation: 6846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
Also called convergent evolution.

The problem with this is that Egyptians do not resemble Caucasians because of polytopicity, the resemble Caucasians because they are related to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2013, 05:47 PM
 
2,241 posts, read 2,679,782 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Also called convergent evolution.

The problem with this is that Egyptians do not resemble Caucasians because of polytopicity, the resemble Caucasians because they are related to them.
Well I was sharing the polytopicity link in regards to what you said about the Olmecs.

Another way I like explain it is by how one could carve or draw something but it ends up looking like something of another group or person and none could have seen any other artistic influences. Just like how there is a debate over Chinese noodles and Italian pasta and which one came first or did they influence each other or are they related etc.

It's just like one could look like one person from another culture but isn't related to that person at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2013, 02:47 AM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,532,718 times
Reputation: 6846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
Well I was sharing the polytopicity link in regards to what you said about the Olmecs.

Another way I like explain it is by how one could carve or draw something but it ends up looking like something of another group or person and none could have seen any other artistic influences. Just like how there is a debate over Chinese noodles and Italian pasta and which one came first or did they influence each other or are they related etc.

It's just like one could look like one person from another culture but isn't related to that person at all.
I see. That makes sense. Sorry.

The "Negroid features" of the Olmec heads are the biggest fraud in history- they don't even look "negroid," as they have epicanthic eyefolds. In fact, they look exactly like the Amerinds who built them:


Debunking "Black Olmec" in 23 Seconds - YouTube


The Face of a Tzotzil Does Not Lie - YouTube

It is sad that instead of studying the real accomplishments of Africans, the culture vultures have to swoop in and steal the accomplishments of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 AM
 
2,241 posts, read 2,679,782 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I see. That makes sense. Sorry.

The "Negroid features" of the Olmec heads are the biggest fraud in history- they don't even look "negroid," as they have epicanthic eyefolds. In fact, they look exactly like the Amerinds who built them:


Debunking "Black Olmec" in 23 Seconds - YouTube


The Face of a Tzotzil Does Not Lie - YouTube

It is sad that instead of studying the real accomplishments of Africans, the culture vultures have to swoop in and steal the accomplishments of others.
Exactly my point. Being that it's etched in stone from a distance it might look nehroid to some but it's clear that it was resembling the Native American Olmec populations, but some cultures can look like each other or have similar aspects without influencing each other.

Afrocentrics steal and corrupt everything. As some say "There is no hard headed or thicker skull than the negro skull lol" (no pun or offense intended)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2013, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,120 posts, read 3,841,345 times
Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
As some say "There is no hard headed or thicker skull than the negro skull lol" (no pun or offense intended)

Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 PM
 
4,690 posts, read 8,646,947 times
Reputation: 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
This is not how history is done. You are making a claim that would alter accepted fact by saying that a black African civilization crossed the Atlantic and influenced Mexico- the burden of proof is on you, and you haven't got any.

You cannot prove a negative. A cannot prove to you that Santa Klaus does not exist.

Wasn't the racism that us white people impacted on Africans enough? Why are you impacting even more? Didn't you know that first human family were Africans? Science proves it! Europe is much younger than Africa in terms of human reserves. There could have been Africans who reached the Americas before Europeans, so what? Early Chinese dynasties had already contact with East African kingdoms, there were Chinese oceanographs who already drew the contour of the African continent. The African kingdom of Malindi had contacts with Ancient China. Civilizations like the Great Zimbabwe are amazing! The oldest calendar much older than the Stonehenge in Britain was discovered recently in Southern Africa. I know most of us are still under the yoke of the evil colonial times racism ingrained for generations. I don't know for sure if Africans had a foothold in Mexico, but we cannot say that it was impossible to do so. Africans were the first explorers anyway. [/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 AM
 
3,537 posts, read 2,532,718 times
Reputation: 6846
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Wasn't the racism that us white people impacted on Africans enough?
What has racism to do with fraudulent history? They are being racist by trying to steal Mexican history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Why are you impacting even more?
I don't understand what this means, but I am doing what I am doing because I like truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Didn't you know that first human family were Africans? Science proves it!
This is true. It is also completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Europe is much younger than Africa in terms of human reserves. There could have been Africans who reached the Americas before Europeans, so what?
Again, you seem to have no understanding what-so-ever of how history is done. There could have been Martians who got to American before Europeans. There isn't any evidence for that either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Early Chinese dynasties had already contact with East African kingdoms, there were Chinese oceanographs who already drew the contour of the African continent. The African kingdom of Malindi had contacts with Ancient China. Civilizations like the Great Zimbabwe are amazing! The oldest calendar much older than the Stonehenge in Britain was discovered recently in Southern Africa.
None of which proves that Africans reached the Americas. In fact scientists are fairly unanimous that they didn't, because the Amerinds would have developed immunity to old world diseases if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I know most of us are still under the yoke of the evil colonial times racism ingrained for generations.
A. Speak for yourself.
B. I am going to do you the courtesy here of telling you that I don't believe that you are a "Saxon," or even a European of any type. I have played this game with Afrocentrists before.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I don't know for sure if Africans had a foothold in Mexico,
No one has presented any credible evidence that they did. Statues that subjectively look "negroid" to some is not evidence, especially when they have epicanthic eyefolds and look far more like the native Mexicans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
but we cannot say that it was impossible to do so. Africans were the first explorers anyway.
[/quote]

Again, you simply do not understand how history, science, or even basic logic is done. I cannot DISPROVE anything. If you want to believe in Santa Klaus or black Olmecs, I cannot stop you. The point is, if you want educated people to believe it, they you have to present evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 12:34 PM
 
2,241 posts, read 2,679,782 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
What has racism to do with fraudulent history? They are being racist by trying to steal Mexican history.



I don't understand what this means, but I am doing what I am doing because I like truth.



This is true. It is also completely irrelevant to this conversation.



Again, you seem to have no understanding what-so-ever of how history is done. There could have been Martians who got to American before Europeans. There isn't any evidence for that either.




None of which proves that Africans reached the Americas. In fact scientists are fairly unanimous that they didn't, because the Amerinds would have developed immunity to old world diseases if they did.



A. Speak for yourself.
B. I am going to do you the courtesy here of telling you that I don't believe that you are a "Saxon," or even a European of any type. I have played this game with Afrocentrists before.




No one has presented any credible evidence that they did. Statues that subjectively look "negroid" to some is not evidence, especially when they have epicanthic eyefolds and look far more like the native Mexicans.

Again, you simply do not understand how history, science, or even basic logic is done. I cannot DISPROVE anything. If you want to believe in Santa Klaus or black Olmecs, I cannot stop you. The point is, if you want educated people to believe it, they you have to present evidence.[/quote]
Technically the Olmecs weren't Mexicans as the concept of Mexico as a nation developed on much later.

Are you Mexican descent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top