U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:28 PM

18,624 posts, read 16,430,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanturner View Post
What a surprise, you're insulting Africans yet again. Happy now?
They insult themselves with their incompetence. However the thread was more of a dig at the Afrocentrists on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,762,625 times
Senegal has many problems, perhaps if corruption wasn't such an on going issue, poverty, literacy, sanitation and adequate drinking water could be addressed properly. I believe they had a similar problem with their water supply last year for a week or so. Apparently fixing it permanently wasn't a priority then. China isn't in Africa out of the goodness of their hearts.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:51 PM

48,107 posts, read 45,484,200 times
Quote:
What a surprise, you're insulting Africans yet again. Happy now?
That is basically what this thread amounts to. And it is quite. All I see is another excuse for someone to say "Africans can't do anything for themselves". The last thing I would want for myself is someone constantly putting me down. I look at it this way. African people have long been put down, looked down on, and looked at as inferiors, and it has been rubbed in their faces over and over. What is the point in doing such a thing? What is the point?

Old 09-28-2013, 11:56 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,715,636 times
Thats depressing yo. post happy things next time.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 AM

574 posts, read 1,670,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is basically what this thread amounts to. And it is quite. All I see is another excuse for someone to say "Africans can't do anything for themselves". The last thing I would want for myself is someone constantly putting me down. I look at it this way. African people have long been put down, looked down on, and looked at as inferiors, and it has been rubbed in their faces over and over. What is the point in doing such a thing? What is the point?
The first point was for the ruling class to make a slave class; it's the old 'divide and conquer' rule. Make humans believe they are different from each other, so you can discriminate on certain people for your own benefit.

All humans are the same, basically. But the ruling classes through history used "differences" to justify ill treatment towards certain humans. As in "they don't speak our language", "they live in this certain territory", "they are NOT Roman", "they don't believe in our God", "they have this color skin", "they have these facial features", etc. Any excuse they can come up with to justify ill treatment towards others, they got the common people to buy it.

In the Americas they used the "they are not white, thus they are inferior" excuse. The societies in the Americas were built on the idea of White Supremacy.

American society is trying to get away from that idea, cause globalization and the free flow of information through the internet makes White Supremacy as an idea unprofitable and ignorant in this new world. But the remnants of this idea are still around, and show up on forums like this one.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:51 PM

530 posts, read 1,078,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm just sharing news from Africa. You don't like? The great Africans that built the pyramids and invented all that is known to man can't even keep the water flowing.
Some of you guys have some major self-esteem issues. Since your so concerned about this issue then what are you doing to help?

Or are you just bashing them to feel better about your own pathetic existence?

Yes, a lot of country's all throughout the world are struggling, especially with this current global economic climate. OH and lookie what we have here, seems like Europe isn't too far from being in a similar position as Senegal!
http://www.euractiv.com/sustainabili...sk-news-530188

Old 09-29-2013, 04:56 PM

243 posts, read 477,270 times
Quote:
The Romans had running water 2000 years ago, just saying.
So what?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 AM

45 posts, read 76,550 times
Quote:
They insult themselves with their incompetence. However the thread was more of a dig at the Afrocentrists on this board.
Yes there's incompetence in African countries. Same as there is in European countries. In Asian Countries. In North and South America. But people like you specifically target Africans when they have problems, laugh at them and promote the stereotype that there is nothing good happening on the continent.

The fact that you make a thread to ridicule the people of an entire country (Senegal) and an entire continent (Africa) who have absolutely nothing to do with so-called "Afrocentrists on this board", says a lot about your character. If you dislike "Afrocentrists on this board", take your fight to them instead of mocking others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Agreed.

People like that are pathetic, ignorant and insecure. I don't understand how they get such satisfaction out of putting down others. All the racism and prejudices against Africans is so tiresome. These days it does not get me angry, but bored, from hearing the same nonsense over and over.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM

4,120 posts, read 3,834,918 times
Quote:
Ah so you were trolling I see.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:17 PM

18,624 posts, read 16,430,900 times
Quote:
Yes there's incompetence in African countries. Same as there is in European countries. In Asian Countries. In North and South America. But people like you specifically target Africans when they have problems, laugh at them and promote the stereotype that there is nothing good happening on the continent.

The fact that you make a thread to ridicule the people of an entire country (Senegal) and an entire continent (Africa) who have absolutely nothing to do with so-called "Afrocentrists on this board", says a lot about your character. If you dislike "Afrocentrists on this board", take your fight to them instead of mocking others.

Agreed.

People like that are pathetic, ignorant and insecure. I don't understand how they get such satisfaction out of putting down others. All the racism and prejudices against Africans is so tiresome. These days it does not get me angry, but bored, from hearing the same nonsense over and over.
Hopefully the Whites and Asians got the water flowing by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or