Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
I mean it all depends on where you're coming from man. The history that many African Americans are use to being told is that which revolves around the glory of people like this George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and the inglorious reality that was chattel slavery for the recent African ancestors. Nobody wants to keep reliving that ****! In my 12 years at public school (but not limited to) the schools NEVER uttered a thing about African history outside of Egypt (not even the third most mentioned place in the Bible..Sudan). That is the perception of "history" is why many blacks are not that interested in "history". Conversely when I walked in my barbershop and Hidden Colors 1 or 2 is playing, the entire shop is silent (which is normally loud) with eyes fixated to the television. Do you know how many "thank you"'s I've gotten from this thread, from people who just DID NOT KNOW the facts about Egypt or the prestige of the numerous civilizations creators by their more recent African ancestors. Our history is HIDDEN and the more it's put forth the greater the interest is in it. You have to remember that Africa's continuous habitation is unmatched by any other continent, but for some reason it is the least excavated continent with over 90% of it having yet to be excavated.

I mean really does it suprise you that many people in the so-called "christian church" do not realize that all of the characters in the Bible were non-european. I have visited black churches and they still hang the blond-haired blue eyed Jesus on their walls, and when told the truth the reply has been "all that does not matter". Well if they accept such a basic lie of his ethnicity what other "lies" are you willing to accept as well?

Thanks for the information

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, but alas, the sad truth is so many black Americans don't want to know about their past or care about their future.
When I was in school I had a teacher from Ghana who had an assembly on black history month during which he talked about the Ashanti Empire, Mali, and a little about the Zulus...and of course, the kids with the baggy pants sat their yapping amongst themselves about rap videos, girl's behinds etc.

I remember one of my ghetto cousins turned the television to rap videos and claimed I was "acting like a white boy" because I was watching one of my favorite miniserie's...yes, you guessed it, it was this:

Intro Shaka Zulu - YouTube

Schools can't teach pride, and unfortunately too many black Americans today, especially the young ones, have no pride in anything but being modern day uncle Toms.

As the Arrested Development song says: that's the story now, of a black man, acting like a N**** getting stomped by an African.

Arrested Development - "Everyday People" Live (1993) - YouTube
victorianpunk, have you ever asked yourself why such disturbing behavior takes place? Have you ever thought about where the insult "acting White" came from? Ever thought about WHY?

And something else. It isn't only Black American kids treating African history like a joke. Alot of White American kids are doing this too. In fact, I was in college and I ran into a White guy who was a bit, well, "bigoted". He basically was talking about how his professor was teaching a bit about African history in a World History class, and this guy basically bashed African history, claiming how much he didn't want to hear it.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM

The Unbreakable, thank you for this storehouse of history. I need to know more. I feel like knowing this stuff will help someone like me come full circle. I don't even know what tribe I came from, but know that Africans have done things, well, it lets me know that I'm not some "inferior" like some persons would like me to believe. One way to enslave a person is to enslave them mentally. It is the most effective way, to put chains around another person's soul and mind.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM

219 posts, read 922,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The Unbreakable, thank you for this storehouse of history. I need to know more. I feel like knowing this stuff will help someone like me come full circle. I don't even know what tribe I came from, but know that Africans have done things, well, it lets me know that I'm not some "inferior" like some persons would like me to believe. One way to enslave a person is to enslave them mentally. It is the most effective way, to put chains around another person's soul and mind.
The deliberate under brushing of our history is a strategy and what you said is how they WANT you feel as a black person. We as black people have to do a lot more then just show up in grade school history class if we want to know about our African history. Trust me the more you know the more transparent the Western World really becomes.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I mean really does it suprise you that many people in the so-called "christian church" do not realize that all of the characters in the Bible were non-european.
There were NO Europeans (specifically Anglo-Saxons) in the Bible plain and simple (#notracistjustsayin). The Bible for the most part takes place in Africa. Israel is technically apart of the African continent. The second and third most mentioned places in the bible are the ancient black African civilizations of Egypt and Sudan (Nubia). They sent Jesus to hide in a black civilization (Egypt) when he was child where he blended in perfectly.

Quote:
I have visited black churches and they still hang the blond-haired blue eyed Jesus on their walls,
That's the slave mentality. Accepting bull**** without ever being provided with proof is ignorant.

Quote:
Thanks for the information
No problem. Help spread the information! Don't let the painstaking and groundbreaking research of our scholars (Ivan Van Sertima, Chiekh Anta Diop, John Henry Clarke ect ect) continue to be belittled by some salty ass "Westerners".

Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
The deliberate under brushing of our history is a strategy and what you said is how they WANT you feel as a black person. We as black people have to do a lot more then just show up in grade school history class if we want to know about our African history. Trust me the more you know the more transparent the Western World really becomes.
I know that alot of things are not taught in school. That is why I grew to love libraries as a child. There was so much I wanted to do and learn, and the schools weren't teaching it. What I learned of African history in school, well, let's just say you could write a postcard about it(and I went to high school during the early 2000s). There are some people who just consider their history better than everyone else's. And then there are those who wanted to make Black people feel inferior. In order to perpetrate the idea of racial inferiority, those in charge have to convince not only those who were being subjected to the abuse that they are nothing, but they have to others as well, who have no stake in doing things to other people.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
And then there are those who wanted to make Black people feel inferior. In order to perpetrate the idea of racial inferiority, those in charge have to convince not only those who were being subjected to the abuse that they are nothing, but they have to others as well, who have no stake in doing things to other people.
Exactly! That is why even some South and East Asians (former Western colonies) who have little to no contact with black people hold contempt towards black people. About two years ago some Korean no name pop star literally tweeted an anti-black white supremacist picture (ancient Rome and modern impoverished Africa comparison) in response to something that Floyd Mayweather about Jermemy Lin's national spotlight. The East Asian ***** didn't even use an East Asian civilization..she used a white one. White Supremacy/black inferiority has been taught to their former colonial subjects as well.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Exactly! That is why even some South and East Asians (former Western colonies) who have little to no contact with black people hold contempt towards black people. About two years ago some Korean no name pop star literally tweeted an anti-black white supremacist picture (ancient Rome and modern impoverished Africa comparison) in response to something that Floyd Mayweather about Jermemy Lin's national spotlight. The East Asian ***** didn't even use an East Asian civilization..she used a white one. White Supremacy/black inferiority has been taught to their former colonial subjects as well.
It is a classic example of divide and conquer. One has to create a sense of hierarchy. And White people have been used too. Consider this. In the early days of Virginia, African slaves and European indentured servants were coming together to fight the elites who they felt were subjecting them to abuse. What happened? The elites who happened to be White said "you're White, we're White, so we will give you some land and put you on slave patrols". It worked. The elites looked down on poor Whites, but they knew how to pit poor White people against poor Black people. Racism is about power and control over others. In order to for racial supremacy to work, the powerful have to convince those who aren't powerful that one's race is more important than they education, or economics.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
It is a classic example of divide and conquer. One has to create a sense of hierarchy. And White people have been used too. Consider this. In the early days of Virginia, African slaves and European indentured servants were coming together to fight the elites who they felt were subjecting them to abuse. What happened? The elites who happened to be White said "you're White, we're White, so we will give you some land and put you on slave patrols". It worked. The elites looked down on poor Whites, but they knew how to pit poor White people against poor Black people. Racism is about power and control over others. In order to for racial supremacy to work, the powerful have to convince those who aren't powerful that one's race is more important than they education, or economics.
EXACTLY!

Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
How the **** is Mande script "Arab literature"...it predates literacy any damn where! The Arabic scripts that are still in heavy can only be read by West and Sudanic Africans.
That and the Mende people modified Arab letters, creating "Ajami," which means "foreign" in Arabic. They did with Arab letters what the Romans did with the Phonetician letters.

That and there was one completely African writing system called Nsibidi that was used by holy men in Cameroon and Nigeria. Some Englishmen said they say entire court records recorded in the script.

Inscribing Meaning: Nsibidi / National Museum of African Art

Nsibidi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa