U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Ok but are you only showing pictures of black Moors?
Here is a screenshot of a google image search for "The Moors"



The first five images of Moors that pop up are black (7 in total), while just the two that you managed to find are the non black Moors. Clearly I'm not the one who has to cherry pick to make my point.

Quote:
Aren't there many images of non black Moors out there?
I don't recall ever denying that there were non black Moors. If I'm not mistaking earlier in this discussion I pointed to the fact that the majority of the Moors were Arabanized (culturally) blacks from Africa (as the art so clearly shows), which indicates that there were others.

Quote:
Also you say that the Moors were majority blacks. How was that determined?
It is a fact that the overwhelming majority of the Moors were in fact native Africans. I can provide quotes with exact figures further examining the African=Middle Eastern elements. The artwork is realism and decisively characterizes the Moors as black Africans. Recent studies further confirm exactly what the "True Romance" scene had stated, which is that southern Europeans to this day have a substantial amount of African Y-DNA as a result of the black Moorish occupation and points further back in history.

Quote:
Is it more that Shakespear made Black Moors popular through Othello which is why black Moors get more attention?
What evidence do you have that black Moors get more "attention" due to some fact other than them being the majority of the Moors?

 
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I read recently that the ancient Egyptians were actually middle eastern Caucasians is that true?
False! Page one explains why.
 
Old 10-09-2013, 02:15 PM
 
6,559 posts, read 9,071,345 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post

It is a fact that the overwhelming majority of the Moors were in fact native Africans.
What about the Berbers who are native North Africans? Weren't the majority of Moors Berbers? The Berbers aren't black. Also the Moors originate in North Africa with countries like Morocco,Algeria etc. Most of these populations aren't black Africans. Was the Moroccan population majority black African during the middle ages? If so where are the majority of these blacks today?
 
Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 PM
 
1,661 posts, read 1,994,630 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What about the Berbers who are native North Africans? Weren't the majority of Moors Berbers? The Berbers aren't black. Also the Moors originate in North Africa with countries like Morocco,Algeria etc. Most of these populations aren't black Africans. Was the Moroccan population majority black African during the middle ages? If so where are the majority of these blacks today?
Interesting...
 
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What about the Berbers who are native North Africans? Weren't the majority of Moors Berbers? The Berbers aren't black.
Learn something:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28y8A...6EE9377EC2D00B




Quote:
Also the Moors originate in North Africa with countries like Morocco,Algeria etc. Most of these populations aren't black Africans.
Most of Egyptians today are not black Africans, but genetics tells us that the genetic landscape has changed. This is true for Northwestern Africa was as. The population basis for most of the Afro-Asiatic speakers of northern Africa is E1b1 from Sub Saharan East Africa:



Quote:
Was the Moroccan population majority black African during the middle ages? If so where are the majority of these blacks today?
 
Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM
 
45 posts, read 76,547 times
Reputation: 104
Haven't you learned by now that bringing in talk of the Moors and Egyptians only leads to disaster? To the OP, I’m not speaking against you personally, but this only leads to a trainwreck. Every single time, not just on this board (though you can look at the last thread that got killed the same way this one has) but on any board on the internet.

Africa has a lot of historical civilizations without turning to point out that Moors and Egyptians (and Ethiopians lol) were black. As good as the rest of a thread on African history may be, bringing up these controversial topics will only doom your thread. It’s inevitable.

Instead of rehashing the same boring arguments, it’s better to focus on kingdoms/states like these: Mali, Songhay, Ghana, the Swahili, Kanem-Bornu, Great Zimbabwe, the Asante, the Yoruba (Oyo, Ife etc....), Dahomey, Benin, Nubia/Sudan (including ancient Kush-ite as well as medieval ones like Christian Nubia and the Islamic Funj), Kongo, the Sokoto Caliphate, etc.....

Just my thoughts......
 
Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanturner View Post
Haven't you learned by now that bringing in talk of the Moors and Egyptians only leads to disaster?..Africa has a lot of historical civilizations without turning to point out that Moors and Egyptians (and Ethiopians lol) were black.
Yeah, but see...that is not right! I'm not about to compromise black African history just because some people cannot accept reality. The ancient Egyptians were black that is a fact and I will not shy away from that proven fact just because some bigots start to feel some type of way about our great achievements and contributions to the World. Same with the Moors. Most of them were in fact black. We have hundreds upon hundreds of clear visual references clearly showing this fact. I will not shy away from the fact either.

Quote:
As good as the rest of a thread on African history may be, bringing up these controversial topics will only doom your thread. It’s inevitable.
Just goes to show how strong racism really is.

Quote:
Instead of rehashing the same boring arguments, it’s better to focus on kingdoms/states like these: Mali, Songhay, Ghana, the Swahili, Kanem-Bornu, Great Zimbabwe, the Asante, the Yoruba (Oyo, Ife etc....), Dahomey, Benin, Nubia/Sudan (including ancient Kush-ite as well as medieval ones like Christian Nubia and the Islamic Funj), Kongo, the Sokoto Caliphate, etc.....
Those are all great black African empires and many of which I have not gotten to just yet. In the same way that the ancient Egyptians and the Moors were another great black African peoples. These are facts that needs no reluctance to be told.
 
Old 10-09-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Historic West End
4,216 posts, read 3,586,386 times
Reputation: 4025
Beautiful and powerful, some Europeans tried there best to destroy and distort African history and its original greatness. Wow such a legacy.

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 10-09-2013 at 06:57 PM..
 
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153
Benin Art:









 
Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 PM
 
219 posts, read 721,707 times
Reputation: 153
The Swahili Coast:

Quote:
Gedi ruins: The ruins are the remains of a town located in Gede, a village near the coastal town of Malindi in Kenya. It is suggested that between the 13th and 14th to 17th centuries, Gedi was a thriving community along coastal Kenya. Although no written record exists of this town, excavations made between 1948 and 1958 have revealed that the inhabitants of Gedi traded with people from all over the world. “The artifacts that were found in the ruins, such as Chinese porcelain and Venetian glass, indicate that Gedi was a wealthy city that traded with Portugal, Italy, China, India and the Arab world” (Mombasa Kenya coast: Gedi ruins, www.articlebase.com). The ruins have a mosque, a palace, and large stone houses. The city’s streets were laid out at right angles and had drainage gutters. It is assumed that the village was abandoned in early 16th century. The ruins were declared a Historical monument in 1948.


'




These Bantu speaking Africans made it all the way to China and Australia:



Quote:
Solving the mystery of how 900-year-old African coins ended up in remote Australia could not only recast the history of foreign contact Down Under, but shed light on Aboriginal rock art.
How the ancient Kilwa coins, believed to date from about 1100, came to be discovered on the Wessels Islands off the Northern Territory in 1944 has long posed questions about foreign visits to far off Australian shores. Australian Ian McIntosh, a professor of anthropology at Indiana University-Purdue University in the United States, said rock art found on the islands -- which includes one image which appears to show a type of European sailing vessel -- could hold some clues
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2400215/How-900-year-old-African-coins-Australia-

These Africans also did trade with China:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top