U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
What is wrong with looking from the outside al.
the first thing that you should do is listen, observe and learn.

You however have decided that you are an expert on blacks because you read ONE book written by ONE Nigerian who had her own motivations for what she wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:38 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Not to mention that they often have an easier time getting loans than black Americans, and they have networks back home that they can source money from. .
This part is total nonsense. In fact black Americans face LESS racism than do Africans, or even Caribbean blacks, when one adjusts for personal characteristics like education/skills, ambition and drive. The difference is that immigrants are usually more risk oriented and driven.

Nigerians in fact arrive with college degrees, with a 1/3 even having advanced degrees. In fact their profile fits that of the Indian immigrant, even more than it does even a native white American. Yet they do much worse!

An example is a black American from Chicago who decides to migrate to ATL without knowing anyone there. That person will be different from his peers that he left behind in Chicago who would wallow in what ever is there rather than trying something different. Chances are he will also be more educated and/or have a higher level of skills and social capital.

Immigrants (international AND domestic) possess certain characteristics that help them break barriers. At least in their early years of migration.

Please don't convince yourself that someone from the University of Lagos will be viewed as seriously as someone who went to NYU, or even Baruch. So they would find HARDER time getting any concessions from the white dominated mainstream. And if they had funding sources in Nigeria why would they migrate to the USA where they will be discriminated against as blacks, as immigrants and ESPECIALLY as Africans!

A Nigerian with an educational profile of the average black American (high school only) would do WORSE! They would be forced to live in some underground economy and it is only their drive to succeed that would keep them from failing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:40 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
I have started financially with LESS, much less than an average person on welfare gets in the US. ls.
OK so its established that you hate blacks, especially American blacks, and think that the USA is an uncivilized place. What does that have to do with Africans interacting with black Americans though.


Please go to the European threads where you can rant about how lazy and prone to crime blacks are. I think that you will find a good audience over there as they have to contend with hordes of uneducated Africans swarming into their lily white nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:44 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
That's great. Now have you calculated how much of your taxpayer dollars are allocated to DOD? .
72% of the Federal gov't goes in Medicare, Social Security, Defense and Debt service. Why racists like these scream daily about welfare is baffling. She really needs to look at the social support systems of most of Europe, but she isnt because her agenda is to paint blacks as being lazy and crime prone and to boast that he poor impoverished self has done so well. Yes even with her rich mummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:46 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
City Data Forum: personal insults from people who have no valid counter-arguments in discussion :-).
).
It also says not to be a troll. Go to Europe and comfort them that they are right to be terrified that "marauding blacks" from Africa are about to invade their countries and they will soon be riddled with crime as you claim that Parkchester is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:49 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Some African cultures do not lack toxicity some are much more classist and arrogant than western cultures and treat those on the bottom of the pecking order much worse. I've seen this play out numerous times in the work place bullying runs rampant as well.
The huge gap between the ruling elites and the masses in pre colonial Africa is evident that certain attitudes are merely human attitudes. Social inequality seems to be how humans operate, and it seems even worse in many non western societies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:52 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I don't disagree. I just think it's the result of colonization. I don't think Africans are naturally this way. Are they tribal? Yes. But that doesn't necessarily translate to being classist. I think classism is learned behavior. But I could be TOTALLY wrong about this. I'm not African.
And you don't think that within these "tribes" (please tell me how social entities with over one million is a tribe) had internal divisions. The gap between the ruled and the rulers was immense. The rulers often having no constraints on what they would do to those who they felt thwarted them. Like selling them to Europeans as permanent punishment.

You may not know this but some Yoruba cities were as large as those in Europe, so to call Yorubas a "tribe" is very weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:54 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
What is the history of tribes in Africa? Did they have a money system, or did they trade? .
The economies of entire African kingdoms and empires was based on trade.

Sadly your concept of Africa comes from Tarzan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:58 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
I think that Africans are big on manners and public behavior and seeing that in may quarters of American society, manners and public behavior has declined, well loud,ignorant public behavior does not bode well with them.
a.
OK based on this shall we assume that Lagos is a nice quiet city filled with extremely polite people to the extent that a car horn has people upset?

Some African elites clearly lived sheltered lives where their drivers and maids do the shopping, so live in a bubble. Upon arrival in the USA reality sets in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2018, 07:02 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,942,608 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
.

Just because someone is loud, does not mean they are hostile and angry.
Trevor Noah has done skits on Nigerians in Jo'burg. Yes they are considered loud and angry in that city and I don't think that people in that city are docile and soft either.


We really ought to stop comparing Nigerian doctors with American street hustlers. The Nigerian street hustler will have the American ones running home screaming for mummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top