U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 08:03 PM

691 posts, read 923,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There's no "third world stigma". Blacks from third world countries are considered to be better than Black Americans - even a Somalian or a Haitian is regarded higher than American black people.
They have what is call "foreigner privilege" White Americans have no "historical beef" or power domination
relationship with Haitians or Somalians. However, if a Black American went to Europe, they would have
"foreigner privilege". For example, I have had family members travel to London who are Black Americans.

Some family members went to London on a vacation they went to ask one of the guards at the gate a
question and the guard was very standoffish and unfriendly. When they said they were American and from
D.C. the attitude changed to 100% friendly and sociable. In England, it is the West Indians who are considered the "bad guys" and the problem, not Black Americans.

These are all local permutations of the global white supremacy system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 03:20 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,060,971 times
Thank you Agbor and Tritone. I couldn't have said it any better.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:12 PM

7,454 posts, read 5,969,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There's no "third world stigma". Blacks from third world countries are considered to be better than Black Americans - even a Somalian or a Haitian is regarded higher than American black people.
I wonder why then do black American college graduates out earn those from Africa and the Caribbean.

This "who is better than whom" is a divide and rule tactic and only stupid blacks fall for it. At the end of the day in the USA black=black. And if you doubt compare median household incomes for Nigerians with Asians. They have equal levels of educational attainment, and all indicators are that Nigerian immigrants are very success oriented. This doesn't spill over into incomes earned though.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
They have what is call "foreigner privilege" White Americans have no "historical beef" or power domination
relationship with Haitians or Somalians. However, if a Black American went to Europe, they would have
"foreigner privilege". For example, I have had family members travel to London who are Black Americans.

Some family members went to London on a vacation they went to ask one of the guards at the gate a
question and the guard was very standoffish and unfriendly. When they said they were American and from
D.C. the attitude changed to 100% friendly and sociable. In England, it is the West Indians who are considered the "bad guys" and the problem, not Black Americans.

These are all local permutations of the global white supremacy system

Black American tourists visiting the UK enjoy far more privilege than do Caribbean and African immigrants to the USA. After all they are tourists who can afford to visit London.

Please don't tell me that you think that a Nigerians with a deep Nigerian accent is going to enjoy privilege over a black American with a Harvard degree.

The only level where foreign privilege might exist in the USA is among the least educated of both groups. Whites think the worst of black Americans at that level. Their view of uneducated black immigrants is moderately more favorable. Yes they will be hired for low end jobs. Once these people have been around long enough and stop demanding better pay they will no longer be favorably viewed.

I have seen a lot of negatives written about West Indians living in Brooklyn neighborhoods which are now undergoing gentrification. You would think that its Trump talking when most of these people probably voted for Sanders and will vote for Cynthia Nixon.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Thank you Agbor and Tritone. I couldn't have said it any better.
OK so I went to Goldman Sachs and all the black analysts there were speaking Jamaican patwah or Yoruba. I watch CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC and again those Jamaican patwah and Yoruba speaking blacks. I even heard that Don Lemon is a Trinidadian.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:45 PM

691 posts, read 923,798 times
For foreign blacks though the "foreigner privilege" only goes so far in that they are subject to "3rd World" stereotypes which
may not be as directly hostile as racism toward American Blacks. But racial stereotyping just the same..I have had whites
comment to me about Africans who were professionals...( "They don't use deodorant" ) (Hard to understand) Need to learn
how business is conducted in an American office. He came in late because he is on "Third World Time" . These are the things
American whites have told me.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:51 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,060,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
OK so I went to Goldman Sachs and all the black analysts there were speaking Jamaican patwah or Yoruba. I watch CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC and again those Jamaican patwah and Yoruba speaking blacks. I even heard that Don Lemon is a Trinidadian.
Agbor said it best when he mentioned "historical beef". White people can be comfortable around black immigrants because they know they're just happy to be here (for the most part). They also know that they are greatly indebted TO US for the way they have treated us for hundreds of years, and they hate having to be reminded of it when they interact with us. They don't have to carry that guilt around dealing with black immigrants.

You are trying to feign ignorance, but we all know the truth. It's not even worth arguing about. Enjoy your immigrant privilege.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:57 AM

3,517 posts, read 7,340,509 times
Quote:
A quick Wiki says one of the rulers was a former slave (clue one) who converted to Islam (clue two). I'm sure if you traced these names, they'd eventually reveal Israelite origins. Hebrews fled their native land and mixed in with the Hamites because they could blend in. It's why ignorant people still think AAs and Africans are the same today. At some point I will research one of these kingdoms, but I'm fairly confident these people were Hebrew based on what I know of history and the Bible. Again...if they were purley African ( as we know Africans today), why can't they duplicate the success of those empires? Africans are beholden to Europeans today...just as they were in ancient times. It's why Europeans are more comfortable with them than AAs...because AAs don't always assimilate as easily. Just. like. the. Israelites.

ETA

One of those kings was Mansa Musa. I believe "Musa" translates to Moses. You'll probably find many such translations that go back to Hebrew origins if you dig deep into the names.
Mansa translates to "emperor", "conquerer", or "sultan". He was the king of the Mali empire during the 14th century AD. He is most famous for being the gold king that took a pilgrimage to Mecca with 60,000 men/women while carrying tons and tons of gold. The amount of gold he gave out to the poor and spend during the way was so great that he caused inflation to certain cities throughout Africa(especially in Egypt/North Africa). He said to be the richest human being of all time, compared to even the most wealthiest billionaires today.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Agbor said it best when he mentioned "historical beef". White people can be comfortable around black immig.

You are trying to feign ignorance, but we all know the truth. It's not even worth arguing about. Enjoy your immigrant privilege.
Again all the blacks investment bankers are Jamaicans and Nigerians. All the black commentators on CNN are Guyanese and Haitians.

And all of the women looking after white babies in Central Park are black Americans.

You know what is interesting about you. You scream your fellowship with Africans but don't give a damn about the rampant racism that they undergo.

Do you know that Nigerian immigrants are considerably more educated than are WHITES and yet have considerably lower median household incomes. And I describe the African immigrants who do the BEST in the USA.

Black Americans, Caribbean and African blacks are all discriminated against as blacks.

Caribbean and African blacks are discriminated against because they are 3rd world.

Africans face additional discrimination because they are African. In fact even when compared to Caribbean immigrants, they do worse when we adjust for educational attainment levels.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 AM

57,010 posts, read 81,403,090 times
Here is a very interesting video that I came across that may open up some eyes on this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQUR...&feature=share
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or