U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 09:17 PM

24,247 posts, read 17,643,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I don't live in a low income black community and I suspect neither do you. So why would I live in a low income white community?

When we first encountered each other you were wailing about all those West Indians who were "destroying your quality of life". You moved. And then your boasts about how many white people who you hang out with and engaging in some activities that I will not mention here, though you did.

I happen to work in an office where I am the only black professional, or one of two, and that is been pretty much my experience in the 30+ years that I have been functioning as a professional in this country.

I care about what whites think that when it prevents me from getting what I want or need.

I do NOT care if some white idiot invites every one else in the office to an event that he is hosting, except me. In fact I am relieved as it means that I don't have to spend an entire afternoon being around people who I don't have anything in common with. You would cry and wail if that were to happen to you though.

I will ask you do YOU think that most whites are open bigots or have opinions in sympathy with them? Please note that you are a man who loves to boast that you aren't interested in blacks and in fact deliberately travel to places where you aren't likely to meet many.

Unlike you I actually love hanging out with educated and interesting black people. My self esteem doesn't depend on whether whites invite me into the intimacy of their lives or not.

As to my political leanings. I voted for Hillary. I voted for Obama twice. I voted for Kerry, I voted for Gore. I voted for Clinton twice. Before that I wasn't a US citizen so couldn't vote. Now wail that this is an indication of being a conservative person. In the primaries I voted for Obama in 2008 and for Hillary in 2016. In 1992 I didn't know enough about US politics so only voted in the general.

Ironically my so called conservative views might be more aligned to traditional black American values than yours are. Blacks are actually a conservative people, which is why Sanders wasn't a huge hit with them.

Yes the black values (both American and Caribbean) that demanded personal responsibility and trying twice as hard to succeed. You are so alienated from who you are, begging whites to love you, and crying, when you suspect that not all do, that you forgot this. Now some blacks forgot those values and then wonder why they lack the skillset or the mentality to even be given the opportunity to try.
Oh, but you do indication conservatism. Everything you do is in the context of the US two party system, according to what you've just said.

I've said nothing about beginning whites to love me, the demented and low IQ old Black fool is deliberately twisting my arguments to cover up the fact he has done nothing for social justice, and that he was a proponent of maintaining a small Black middle class at the expensive of other Black people.

I am friends with people from a variety of educational backgrounds and all walks of life, and being an "educated" Black person wouldn't impress me in the slightest. Good for the person who is (I am) but that education doesn't make them any better or more interesting than the person who works in a deli or for that matter who sells drugs or sex.

Depending on what the person does with the education, I might find the drug dealer more interesting (I am using a qualification here).

I'm alienated from who I am because I have no interest in CaribNy and is council of "Negro" fools? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha.

I have nothing to do with people like YOU (coons/house ******s who will not speak about against socioeconomic injustice).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Maybe you spend too much time in Colombia where this in fact happens. I can name more than 2 black Fortune 500 CEOs, or chairmen without blinking an eyelid.

I think you spend too much time hanging around whites that you are unaware of the thousands of blacks in professional and management who exist! You INSULT them!

Mr. Coon House N!gger 30% of black households in this country have higher earnings than do 50% of whites. You are like a white racist screaming that blacks are a lazy bunch of losers, even though that isn't your intent (at least I hope it isn't).

Yes there is severe income inequality among blacks and that must be addressed. But for you to disregard that the fact millions of blacks have struggled, and succeeded against the odds is to INSULT their efforts.
And there are millions of Blacks in this country, so if I use your "thousands" that's a really small percentage.

And your attitude shows the mindset of a coon or house n!gger. It's okay to have just a few thousand Black professionals (your figures not mine) when Black people are the victims of mass incarceration. Not poor white people. Poor white people who overdose on heroin get SYMPATHY. It was the masses of Black people and their families who bore the brunt of the war on drugs. But coons/house n!ggers like you don't care so how as you to get together with a couple of other pretentious dickheads and pretend that all is okay just because a small number of Black people (thousands is what you said, not me) have professional jobs.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:35 PM

609 posts, read 467,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

I'll say it again, it is not okay to have one or two Black professionals, while the majority of Blacks are otherwise marginalized or otherwise persecuted. The Civil Rights Movement allowed just that.

Your perspective is driven by inaccuracies and you are obviously ill informed of the facts regarding the current proportions of the black population comprised of professionals and poor. I find it surprising that a New Yorker with a masters degree is unaware of the strong and growing professional black presense in this country. Far, FAR more than what could be described as a "token" amount. And the poor inner city blacks dont comprise the large majority that you seem to think they do.

You also apear to be unknowledgeable about the policies that black leaders have pursued over the years, which were absolutely targeted to benefiting the poor, not just middle class.

Your opinions about drugs is overly dogmatic and lacking in nuance. To view the war in drugs as merely a ploy to toss black men in jail is inadequate. There certainly have been poorly constructed laws whose intent was just that. And Jeff Sessions is definitely angling for that. However only a few drugs can realistically be legalized. Most should never be, and not to burst your bubble about this but, no matter how hard those of you on the margins push for full legalization and total halting of the war on all drugs, the real adults in government are rightfully never going to allow it to go beyond marijuana and maybe a few other minor ones. The consequences of true full drug legalization would be catastrophic for those very poor communities that you believe you are sticking up for. A better strategy would be to advocate for better constructed laws that do not ruin minor offenders or those caught with small, personal usage doses.

Multiple obstacles face inner city poor, not all of them external (an admission that is heresy to the victimology dogmatists that exert too strong an influence on far left thought).
But any effective approach to the issues has to start with actually being informed of the facts on the ground as they are now. And these comments suggesting a few token middle class vs a vast majority of poor shows that you are not.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Your perspective is driven by inaccuracies and you are obviously ill informed of the facts regarding the current proportions of the black population comprised of professionals and poor. I find it surprising that a New Yorker with a masters degree is unaware of the strong and growing professional black presense in this country. Far, FAR more than what could be described as a "token" amount. And the poor inner city blacks dont comprise the large majority that you seem to think they do.

You also apear to be unknowledgeable about the policies that black leaders have pursued over the years, which were absolutely targeted to benefiting the poor, not just middle class.

Your opinions about drugs is overly dogmatic and lacking in nuance. To view the war in drugs as merely a ploy to toss black men in jail is inadequate. There certainly have been poorly constructed laws whose intent was just that. And Jeff Sessions is definitely angling for that. However only a few drugs can realistically be legalized. Most should never be, and not to burst your bubble about this but, no matter how hard those of you on the margins push for full legalization and total halting of the war on all drugs, the real adults in government are rightfully never going to allow it to go beyond marijuana and maybe a few other minor ones. The consequences of true full drug legalization would be catastrophic for those very poor communities that you believe you are sticking up for. A better strategy would be to advocate for better constructed laws that do not ruin minor offenders or those caught with small, personal usage doses.

Multiple obstacles face inner city poor, not all of them external (an admission that is heresy to the victimology dogmatists that exert too strong an influence on far left thought).
But any effective approach to the issues has to start with actually being informed of the facts on the ground as they are now. And these comments suggesting a few token middle class vs a vast majority of poor shows that you are not.
Not even. It's just upsetting to some fools I don't have the civil rights movement on a pedestal as some sort of divine thing that is beyond reproach.

Portugal, where drugs are completely decriminalized has the lowest overdose rate in Europe. So it's not true full on legalization would devastate these communities.

Wealthy people use drugs too. But the war on drugs, as noted, as a war against poor people and a war against people of color since only THEY are the ones arrested and convicted for it.

Decriminalization in Oregon has passed for MDMA, Cocaine, LSD, Heroin, Crystal Meth, and ecstasy.

If people want to do something, it's their right to do it.

Alcohol destroys many lives, and yet it's legal. So does eating fast food. Many Black people are fat and dying due to diabetes and high blood pressure. Are we going to outlaw being fat or eating the horrible diet that many poor Black people eat?

It's not the government's right to manage people's lifestyle. Constitutionally the government has no ability to outlaw drugs.

When the government outlawed slavery, it had to pass a constitutional amendment to do so. To outlaw alcohol, it had to pass a constitutional amendment. To make alcohol legal again, it took another constitutional amendment. There is no constitutional amendment banning drugs in the first place. In short the war on drugs is constitutional.

In terms of drug legalization in other nations, coca leaf products are legal in many South American countries ,as is a gram of cocaine. Drug legalization has spread across Europe in various forks. Khat is legal in East African countries.

So yes drug legalization of other drugs is expanding around the world, including in the US.

I might at the drugs causing the most overdoses, opoids, are LEGAL and available from the pharmacy with a prescription. Of course doctors and the pharmaceutical industry, mostly white, are not going to be arrested and imprisoned. The law is set up in their benefit. So the government isn't really concerned about safety. In fact there's a lot of leniency towards the legal epidemic of opoids, which is hitting white communities pretty hard.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:49 PM

Now that I think of it, Rosa Parks was the perfect middle class woman to present to white people. Another woman, an unwed pregnant teenager had refused to move to the back of the bus. But the NAACP wouldn't support her. The supported Rosa Parks as she was more "acceptable" to white people. That is a failure of the Civil Rights Movement right there. Reject helping the poor unwed pregnant Black teenager in favor of the married middle class woman who is more acceptable to white people.

The movement ultimately did not serve the majority of Black people, who are disproportionately POOR and who disproportionately get incarcerated.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 PM

Any white American with any interest in going to Europe for any purpose can do so if they want to, and of those that do I've never met anyone who reported having a hard time, and there are many written accounts from Americans who loved their stay in Europe, their professional experiences in Europe, or their academic experiences in Europe.

Many Americans of different social classes have extended stays in other countries. For those that join the military, many of them have extended stays overseas and you don't need a degree for that. You don't need a degree for tourism. And educated Americans, as noted have large numbers of people who go overseas for academic or professional reasons.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:02 PM

20,204 posts, read 11,199,738 times
Quote:

So only ridiculous cretins equate being American with being white. But for blacks the USA would have no more cultural influence over the rest of the world than do Canada or Australia. And one can quantify in billions of dollars of annual exports of American services which derive from the fascination that the world has for US style. The USA would be a much poorer country but for that style.
Except for guns. The US sells a lot of arms.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
You and the old African American fool are deliberately distorting things to cover your impotence and cowardice.
And yet, it's you who are turning tail and fleeing.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And yet, it's you who are turning tail and fleeing.
No I'm not.

I said I didn't consider myself American and I love going overseas.

But that doesn't mean I'm not heavily involved in various forms of activism, such as the fight against white nationalism, ending mass incarceration, or ending the war on drugs.

You and CaribNY won't even go there.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
No I'm not.

I said I didn't consider myself American and I love going overseas.

But that doesn't mean I'm not heavily involved in various forms of activism, such as the fight against white nationalism, ending mass incarceration, or ending the war on drugs.

You and CaribNY won't even go there.
You don't know what the hell we're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or