U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-12-2017, 01:42 PM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170

Advertisements

By the way, the attacks on the so called underclass are just justifications. Trump and others may use the excuses that these people are poorly "educated" but believe me after they go after so called Black underclass people they will take down Blacks of any class and education and skill level.

That's simply how racists work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 PM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170
Notice how Trump, in addition to wanting to severely curtail illegal immigration, wants to dramatically reduce legal immigration, including skilled people on work visas.

So much for educated people providing a buffer against racism. There will be less Chinese, Nigerians, and Indians coming over. Actually since Trump took over, we've had less foreign students applying for colleges in the US. More are going to Canada or Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 12:45 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,945,812 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
As racism gets worse, .
Then no one will care about your BLM marches. Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 12:52 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,945,812 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
From the man who claims to be so pro Caribbean,?
In fact I am pro Caribbean. Are you helping Dominica? In fact I am angered by the fact that it appears as if one has to be a US citizen to merit help which is why my focus is 100% on Dominica. I know that 100% of what you do is going to PR unless you are going out of your way to see that it gets elsewhere.

Who do you think needs more help? Dominica, one of the poorest Caribbean islands, with practically no economy and no access to assistance except from other poor Caribbean nations, or PR which has a huge diaspora of over 5 million which US politicians are salivating to cultivate? And is the richest Caribbean island!

Who do you think is restoring electricity in Dominica? Dominicans themselves as well as other poor Caribbean nations, as they can help. No big FEMA for them!

Unless your funds and supplies are EXPLICITLY labeled for Dominica they will be gobbled up by Puerto Rico which has an outsized lobbying effort to grab everything. Even the USVI have to complain that their issues, as dire or even worse than PR, are being neglected.

Its clear the priority. TX/FL first, then PR, then the USVI and to hell with every one else, except for Mexico which needs no outside help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 12:58 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,945,812 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
By the way, the attacks on the so called underclass are just justifications. .
You need to stop fooling blacks. If they lack education no one will hire them even if they aren't racist. Even a black employer isn't going to hire a black person who lacks the hard and soft skills to perform!

I define education in its broadest sense. Does some one have the hard and soft skills to be employed? In fact the folks working for Con Ed don't have college degrees but many make more $$$ than do many who have this.

If racism is going to get worse then one will think that it is imperative for blacks to identify where the best opportunities exist and to figure out how to access them.

The easiest way to be discriminated against is to lack the minimum that one needs to find a decent job. the best way to fight racism is to be armed with the tools to compete.

But you have already decided that we best seek out homeless shelters given that we will all be unemployed. If you don't have an income then no rent/mortgage can be paid so homelessness will follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 01:01 AM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,945,812 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Notice how Trump, in addition to wanting to severely curtail illegal immigration.
Can you name one country on the planet which allows illegal immigrants? NONE. Not even Mexico. Just try to be a Haitian or a Salvadorian trying to live in Mexico illegally!

All of this hysteria led Haitians who were on temporary visas to the USA, because of the earthquake which occurred 7 years ago to flee to Canada. Yes buying this rhetorical nonsense that only Trump's USA doesn't like illegal immigrants. Now they are in facilities in Canada and already the word is that they don't qualify as refugees and will certainly not be admitted as immigrants.

Countries have a right to control their borders. In fact people like you who bleed for those who enter illegally did NOTHING when Clinton and Gingrich made it harder for legal immigration to occur. In those days the trade unions were anti immigrant and Clinton pandered to them.

The focus should be on finding ways to support LEGAL immigration. Not encouraging criminals to traffic people illegally across borders.

As to Trump and immigrants. The man outsources his marriage partners to foreign nations. Sleeping every night next to a foreigner, and she isn't the first one either. Trump in fact loves to hire illegals at his properties as they come cheaper than Americans, who he thinks get paid too much.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama...ry?id=41715661

Obama deported loads of immigrants and in fact many who are now being deported were subjected to removal orders dating from the Obama era.

Folks should stop fooling innocent people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 AM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Can you name one country on the planet which allows illegal immigrants? NONE. Not even Mexico. Just try to be a Haitian or a Salvadorian trying to live in Mexico illegally!

All of this hysteria led Haitians who were on temporary visas to the USA, because of the earthquake which occurred 7 years ago to flee to Canada. Yes buying this rhetorical nonsense that only Trump's USA doesn't like illegal immigrants. Now they are in facilities in Canada and already the word is that they don't qualify as refugees and will certainly not be admitted as immigrants.

Countries have a right to control their borders. In fact people like you who bleed for those who enter illegally did NOTHING when Clinton and Gingrich made it harder for legal immigration to occur. In those days the trade unions were anti immigrant and Clinton pandered to them.

The focus should be on finding ways to support LEGAL immigration. Not encouraging criminals to traffic people illegally across borders.

As to Trump and immigrants. The man outsources his marriage partners to foreign nations. Sleeping every night next to a foreigner, and she isn't the first one either. Trump in fact loves to hire illegals at his properties as they come cheaper than Americans, who he thinks get paid too much.

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

Obama deported loads of immigrants and in fact many who are now being deported were subjected to removal orders dating from the Obama era.

Folks should stop fooling innocent people!
Trump likes WHITE LEGAL immigrants, not immigrants from third world nations. Trump's base wish to severely curtail legal immigration from non white nations. Trump's own proposal on LEGAL immigration will reduce LEGAL immigration by HALF.

So basically there's no real place for an educated LEGAL immigrant in Trump's America. Essentially, they/you are not wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 07:12 AM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You need to stop fooling blacks. If they lack education no one will hire them even if they aren't racist. Even a black employer isn't going to hire a black person who lacks the hard and soft skills to perform!

I define education in its broadest sense. Does some one have the hard and soft skills to be employed? In fact the folks working for Con Ed don't have college degrees but many make more $$$ than do many who have this.

If racism is going to get worse then one will think that it is imperative for blacks to identify where the best opportunities exist and to figure out how to access them.

The easiest way to be discriminated against is to lack the minimum that one needs to find a decent job. the best way to fight racism is to be armed with the tools to compete.

But you have already decided that we best seek out homeless shelters given that we will all be unemployed. If you don't have an income then no rent/mortgage can be paid so homelessness will follow.
"Skills" are vague and hard to define. A company could say that no Black people are skilled, and use that to justify not hiring any Black people. In fact they did just that as anti discrimination laws were passed, and it often took federal intervention and lawsuits to get companies to hire ANY Black people in significant jobs, no matter how skilled they were.

A white person could have almost no skills, and still get a comparatively decent bartender job in a part of town where they can decently make money. Far fewer Black people can do this. A Black person with no skills, if anyone will hire them at all will be the bouncer or security or the most rock bottom job the employer can think of. And that's if they hire them.

Skills aren't the issue. The issue is as much as they can get away with doing so, many employers don't want to deal with any Blacks at all, to the extend they can get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 07:15 AM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
In fact I am pro Caribbean. Are you helping Dominica? In fact I am angered by the fact that it appears as if one has to be a US citizen to merit help which is why my focus is 100% on Dominica. I know that 100% of what you do is going to PR unless you are going out of your way to see that it gets elsewhere.

Who do you think needs more help? Dominica, one of the poorest Caribbean islands, with practically no economy and no access to assistance except from other poor Caribbean nations, or PR which has a huge diaspora of over 5 million which US politicians are salivating to cultivate? And is the richest Caribbean island!

Who do you think is restoring electricity in Dominica? Dominicans themselves as well as other poor Caribbean nations, as they can help. No big FEMA for them!

Unless your funds and supplies are EXPLICITLY labeled for Dominica they will be gobbled up by Puerto Rico which has an outsized lobbying effort to grab everything. Even the USVI have to complain that their issues, as dire or even worse than PR, are being neglected.

Its clear the priority. TX/FL first, then PR, then the USVI and to hell with every one else, except for Mexico which needs no outside help.
I donated funds to groups in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, etc. I also worked with volunteer organizations, helped bring in more volunteers, helped bring attention to relief efforts, etc. I'll do more as I can.

I don't care whether the region that needs help is American or not.

So since you claim to be so pro Caribbean, WHERE in the Caribbean have you helped. Stop making endless excuses and justifications. If you care about the region, do something to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2017, 07:20 AM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,654,209 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Then no one will care about your BLM marches. Your point?
Or bring more people out for them, as it is quite clear what the priorities of the current government is.

Black Americans, and Americans in general will have to deal with fighting for the rights of the much maligned working class, because by now it's quite apparent if you allow Republicans to go after the demonized underclass, when they are done they will go after the so called middle class.

Government cuts to social programs, for example, hurt more than just the maligned poor people. Middle class Americans cannot afford to take care of sick, elderly relatives. As medicaid gets involved, they will take the elderly's person's house and other assets, harming the family generationally as wealth can no longer be passed down. The superrich aren't hurt, but the majority of working people, including the majority of so called skilled workers are.

You moved here from a severely underdeveloped country, and you're still behind on the issues that people from developed nations have to contend with, including healthcare costs that not only would wipe out the poor you hate, but the so called skilled workers you claim to worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top