U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,627 posts, read 16,524,172 times
Reputation: 6351

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You mean you claim to be a Black veteran. Anyone can post a blocked out photo online. It proves nothing. Or anyone can take a random photo of anyone and claim to be that person. It's not like your identity has been verified.

And I do not blame Russians for all Black related issues. But it's quite clear you're a Russian troll who clearly knows nothing about Black people.

And yes, I think a Russian troll or a white person would read those books. When you know nothing about a group of people, the first thing to do is to try to read up on them to be able to talk about them.

As for a being a "conservative" veteran, no such thing. Veterans get massive amounts of government benefits. Free education, subsidized mortgages for homes, free medical care, and if they have injuries related to service they get generous disability benefits. It's a form of welfare.
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,627 posts, read 16,524,172 times
Reputation: 6351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Really can't tell your skintone in the photo and nor do you have proof that jacket isn't just someone else that you have, so your going down a rabbit whole of pointlessness.


But it doesn't matter,.... Most black conservatives, Colin Powell and etc do not have your view. Your views are pretty much alt right stereotypical non sense. And your trying your best to use "im black" "im black" "im black" to justify that non sense when even if you was it still wouldn't matter.

more of that pic I guess


https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140401032409



Now let talk about baseless claims...

1. Any suggestion that the majority of a group think or behave a way is baseless. Do you know 40 million black Americans... so where is this general black people have Anger "towards" is statically base on? nothing. It's base on your stereotypical view of black Americans.

By definition racist generalize a negative belief of another group, if you view people having some irrational hate your generalizing a negative belief of a group. Other wise if hate another group of people it's racist..... cause it's generalizing, And if generally think another group of people hate you it's racist..... cause it's generalizing. To escape this error you simply don't generalize groups of people. Main while your posts are center on doing that.

Now if your straw maning people protesting or speaking out, well that being a American grants you the freedom do.

2. Most blacks aren't on welfare, most black Americans are middle class. So your random welfare rant itself is about base stereotypes. Which makes your comment "The irony is that blacks have largely voted for liberals/Democrats and the liberals are responsible for this massive welfare state that incentivized fatherless homes." even bizarre considering most African Americans who vote Democrat or most African Americans aren't on welfare and are middle class.

3. Let go back to that quote...... "The irony is that blacks have largely voted for liberals/Democrats and the liberals are responsible for this massive welfare state that incentivized fatherless homes." I could swear I never hear a Democrat candidate say I want to get people on Walfare either. Why? because that quote is bs. The Democrat Party support walfare as a safety net when people are down. Not something for people stay on. You made that straw man you cause can't actually respond to liberal positions. So instead make up a false on to argue against.

by the way most civil right leaders disagree and did not fallow Booker T Washington views. If Blacks did there would had never been a MLK and civil right movement.
Colin Powell isn't a conservative. He just played the game and he knew he had a quicker rise with the Republicans as he would be one of a few blacks.

I can't think of anything Colin has said that is conservative in terms of social policy. The fact that he'd endorse Obama over McCain and Romney tells you all that you need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,120 posts, read 1,873,928 times
Reputation: 8696
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Because he's another victim of the liberal agenda. Whenever blacks hold conservative views he automatically thinks they're white Russian trolls. Blacks aren't allowed to hold different political views, apparently. Only whites can be that complex.

I don't expect a successful black author on Amazon with a 600+ reviewed book asking liberals not to help blacks and why they've failed, to change NyWriterdude's mind either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 06:46 PM
 
4,441 posts, read 4,451,966 times
Reputation: 3513
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Colin Powell isn't a conservative. He just played the game and he knew he had a quicker rise with the Republicans as he would be one of a few blacks.

I can't think of anything Colin has said that is conservative in terms of social policy. The fact that he'd endorse Obama over McCain and Romney tells you all that you need to know.
Collin Powell is conservative on feign policy.

Most black Republicans more conservative economical, government, feign policy, religion and etc, but tend be moderate or even liberal on civil right issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Cause he not stating political views or putting forth a concrete conservative argument. He pretty much cooning and trying hide behind calling it conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
8,052 posts, read 5,964,382 times
Reputation: 9800
Default Whoopi was once a patriot not an "African American"

I've tried to document this for years :
A Gala for the President at Ford's Theatre (ABC Special 11/24/93)
https://youtu.be/awpehLTMN1c unfortunately does not show the entire evening.
If anyone has access to the ABC archive of the show you will find an interesting monologue by herself, Whoopi Goldberg, which I will have to paraphrase.
"We call ourselves "African Americans." Let me tell you all, I've been to Africa, and you don't want no part of that place. You should all be happy to be Americans. It's hot dirty, and nasty, and oh my the smell!"
All meant to be be funny. The discomfort shown by the First and Second couples was obvious.
Her conclusion was, "I'm proud to be an American."
Not the Whoopi we see today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 07:09 PM
 
4,441 posts, read 4,451,966 times
Reputation: 3513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because he's another victim of the liberal agenda. Whenever blacks hold conservative views he automatically thinks they're white Russian trolls. Blacks aren't allowed to hold different political views, apparently. Only whites can be that complex.

I don't expect a successful black author on Amazon with a 600+ reviewed book asking liberals not to help blacks and why they've failed, to change NyWriterdude's mind either.
The literally nothing complex about your views their entirely base on assuming and counter factual points, And The irony of comment here is your trying to play victim

The responses your getting is because your comments are extremely xenocentric, not because of political views,

Last edited by chiatldal; 04-09-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 01:41 AM
 
24,384 posts, read 17,804,551 times
Reputation: 9231
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Where did I say all Blacks have the same political views?

With that said, why is it so hard for you to believe a white Russian trolls can claim to be Black in order to prove a point so that no one will accuse him of racism? He wants to hide behind being "Black" because a white person can't get away with what he said. Some of the stuff he said could get his posts deleted and he could be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 01:42 AM
 
24,384 posts, read 17,804,551 times
Reputation: 9231
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetsCoibginnieisracistmod View Post
We talking bout Carribean or those with African blood..
Caribbean people have African ancestry. God you people need go to back to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 01:43 AM
 
24,384 posts, read 17,804,551 times
Reputation: 9231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I've tried to document this for years :
A Gala for the President at Ford's Theatre (ABC Special 11/24/93)
https://youtu.be/awpehLTMN1c unfortunately does not show the entire evening.
If anyone has access to the ABC archive of the show you will find an interesting monologue by herself, Whoopi Goldberg, which I will have to paraphrase.
"We call ourselves "African Americans." Let me tell you all, I've been to Africa, and you don't want no part of that place. You should all be happy to be Americans. It's hot dirty, and nasty, and oh my the smell!"
All meant to be be funny. The discomfort shown by the First and Second couples was obvious.
Her conclusion was, "I'm proud to be an American."
Not the Whoopi we see today.
Whoopi should speak for herself.........

She'd be buried if she said that today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 01:47 AM
 
24,384 posts, read 17,804,551 times
Reputation: 9231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because he's another victim of the liberal agenda. Whenever blacks hold conservative views he automatically thinks they're white Russian trolls. Blacks aren't allowed to hold different political views, apparently. Only whites can be that complex.

I don't expect a successful black author on Amazon with a 600+ reviewed book asking liberals not to help blacks and why they've failed, to change NyWriterdude's mind either.
Yes, a white Russian troll. Because nowhere did I claim all Blacks have the same views. I did say your views are not the views of a sane, even semi functional Black person.

And it's not the "liberals" you need to worry about. With Backpage shut down (human trafficking) and Facebook under intense scrutiny, there's a political backlash against internet companies that allow all kinds of fake news and disinformation to be posted. One day City Data might be cleaned up..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top