U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2018, 03:05 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, a white Russian troll. Because nowhere did I claim all Blacks have the same views. I did say your views are not the views of a sane, even semi functional Black person.

And it's not the "liberals" you need to worry about. With Backpage shut down (human trafficking) and Facebook under intense scrutiny, there's a political backlash against internet companies that allow all kinds of fake news and disinformation to be posted. One day City Data might be cleaned up..........
Sweet, I’m not a white Russia troll anymore. Just an educated black conservative veteran with solid points that you don’t tolerate from another black man.

Glad to see you’re not sticking to your baseless claims anymore, yet sadly still wasted your college education on victimization against whites and name-calling against blacks.

What a shame, our black community has a long way to go. I surely hope you haven’t publish anything with such simple view on life, not that anyone would bother to read it anyway.

Read the book and you’ll understand black conservatism and why the black community can no longer blame white people or the past for its problems.



If you don’t want to read I’ve taken the liberty of posting another great article that explains the failure of the liberal welfare state.
Quote:
The most devastating by-product of the mushrooming welfare state was the corrosive effect it had on American family life, particularly in the black community. As provisions in welfare laws offered ever-increasing economic incentives for shunning marriage and avoiding the formation of two-parent families, illegitimacy rates rose dramatically.

For the next few decades, means-tested welfare programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families penalized marriage. A mother generally received far more money from welfare if she was single rather than married. Once she took a husband, her benefits were instantly reduced by roughly 10 to 20 percent.
Quote:
The marriage penalties that are embedded in welfare programs can be particularly severe if a woman on public assistance weds a man who is employed in a low-paying job. As a FamilyScholars.org report puts it: “When a couple's income nears the limits prescribed by Medicaid, a few extra dollars in income cause thousands of dollars in benefits to be lost. What all of this means is that the two most important routes out of poverty—marriage and work—are heavily taxed under the current U.S. system.”

During the nine decades between the Emancipation Proclamation and the 1950s, the black family remained a strong, stable institution. Its cataclysmic destruction was subsequently set in motion by such policies as the anti-marriage incentives that were built into the welfare system. As George Mason University professor Walter E. Williams puts it: “The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.” Hoover Institution Fellow Thomas Sowell concurs: “The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo


As Carter G Woodson said:
Quote:
If the Negro in the ghetto must eternally be fed by the hand that pushes him into the ghetto, he will never become strong enough to get out of the ghetto.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-10-2018 at 03:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2018, 07:31 AM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,684,435 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Sweet, Iím not a white Russia troll anymore. Just an educated black conservative veteran with solid points that you donít tolerate from another black man.

Glad to see youíre not sticking to your baseless claims anymore, yet sadly still wasted your college education on victimization against whites and name-calling against blacks.

What a shame, our black community has a long way to go. I surely hope you havenít publish anything with such simple view on life, not that anyone would bother to read it anyway.

Read the book and youíll understand black conservatism and why the black community can no longer blame white people or the past for its problems.



If you donít want to read Iíve taken the liberty of posting another great article that explains the failure of the liberal welfare state.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo


As Carter G Woodson said:
My Ivy League degrees have made me a lot of money. So I'm pretty happy having an education, and I don't need to read idiotic articles or stupid books. In part because they are of no financial issue to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
My Ivy League degrees have made me a lot of money. So I'm pretty happy having an education, and I don't need to read idiotic articles or stupid books. In part because they are of no financial issue to me.
Those idiotic articles and stupid books clearly know more than what your Ivy League degree taught you.

But if you think the black community, largely in deterioration, will accomplish anything significant by blaming white people or waiting for politicians to legislate them out of poverty, youíve again wasted your education.

But good job, Iím sure the rest of the black community who doesnít even have a college degree or meet the median household income can live vicariously through you as they wait for Trump to bring those jobs back he promised.

This is the part where I show you crime, income, out of wedlock births, and obesity statistics but you admittedly donít like facts.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-10-2018 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 11:32 PM
 
8,018 posts, read 6,621,767 times
Reputation: 12053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Those idiotic articles and stupid books clearly know more than what your Ivy League degree taught you.

But if you think the black community, largely in deterioration, will accomplish anything significant by blaming white people or waiting for politicians to legislate them out of poverty, youíve again wasted your education.

But good job, Iím sure the rest of the black community who doesnít even have a college degree or meet the median household income can live vicariously through you as they wait for Trump to bring those jobs back he promised.

This is the part where I show you crime, income, out of wedlock births, and obesity statistics but you admittedly donít like facts.
There's a reason why Blacks don't vote Conservative. Mainly due the fact that Conservatives believe that Blacks haven't made progress at all over the past forty years.

This article seems to be written by one of the rare few Cons who actually notice that Black Americans have made some progress the past five decades.

https://psmag.com/news/are-we-talkin...k-middle-class

Quote:
In 1960, according to the Institute for Research on Poverty, the overall black poverty rate was near 60 percent; by 2011, it dropped to a little more than 27 percent. That reflects a substantial transition from black working middle class to upper-middle class. Along with that, black college enrollment rates rose from 45 percent in 1975 to 65 percent by 2010ónow equal with white enrollment rates. Census Bureau figures show unprecedented growth in African-American businesses by 2007, which is most likely a direct result of a much more upwardly mobile and educated black population. Strengthening these numbers could easily be viewed as one way to alleviate poverty and crime in many black communities.
Or no one talks about the large jump in educational attainment among Black community.



Or how teenage pregnancies in the black community have dropped like a rock.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/1...nic-50-percent


As Conservatives like yourself continue to believe that absolutely no progress has been made by Black Americans in the past several decades and continue to demonize Black people. Blacks in general will not vote Conservative.

Of course much of this argument is political in nature in blaming the evil Liberals and their social programs to make blacks dependent on them for votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
There's a reason why Blacks don't vote Conservative. Mainly due the fact that Conservatives believe that Blacks haven't made progress at all over the past forty years.
Being a black conservative has nothing to do with voting for a politician. Conservatism is not loyal to one politician party or the other nor does it require voting. Just like being a liberal doesn't require you to vote Democrat.

Political philosophies and elections are two entirely different things. Hence the reason Colin Powell, a conservative, supported Obama, a liberal.

And considering the abysmal state of the black community after decades of loyalty to one political party, it's pretty clear there will never be a pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
As Conservatives like yourself continue to believe that absolutely no progress has been made by Black Americans in the past several decades and continue to demonize Black people. Blacks in general will not vote Conservative.
Depends how you define progress. One one hand we just had a black president, on the other hand, the out of wedlock birthrate blacks is 72% and that was quoted directly by CNN's Don Lemon. 75% of African Americans are overweight or obese. That doesn't look like progress to anyone's definition of progress.

Blacks don't have to vote for anything, that's how we got in this mess. Voting for laws that penalize marriage and reward single parent households.

What Blacks have to do is stop blaming outside forces for their problems. And I say that as a black man who had to serve his country to escape poverty and finish his education. Blaming white people didn't get my house in Hawaii, Corvette in the drive way, and degree on the wall. Getting off my butt and doing something with my life got those things.

I'm more than happy for all those Democratic politicians and liberals who believe they are "fighting for my behalf" as they cash their six figure paychecks, I'll just enjoy my sportcar and paradise living in the meantime that had nothing to do with them.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-11-2018 at 01:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 11:23 AM
 
4,437 posts, read 4,430,458 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
There's a reason why Blacks don't vote Conservative. Mainly due the fact that Conservatives believe that Blacks haven't made progress at all over the past forty years.

This article seems to be written by one of the rare few Cons who actually notice that Black Americans have made some progress the past five decades.


https://psmag.com/news/are-we-talkin...k-middle-class



Or no one talks about the large jump in educational attainment among Black community.



Or how teenage pregnancies in the black community have dropped like a rock.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/1...nic-50-percent


As Conservatives like yourself continue to believe that absolutely no progress has been made by Black Americans in the past several decades and continue to demonize Black people. Blacks in general will not vote Conservative.

Of course much of this argument is political in nature in blaming the evil Liberals and their social programs to make blacks dependent on them for votes.
1. The poverty rate is less 24.7%, that makes over 75% of Blacks middle or greater. Which make his whole argument flawed.

He argument is not base on facts but literally stereotyping itself.

Most blacks are not on damn walfare, which pretty much is the center of this argument, this lie 1.

2. and rather than having articulate an argument about left vs right political views. He's stating false claims about The Democrat platform. The Democrat Party believe in welfare as a safety net, not for people to live off. But in order to create his argument he have to lie about Democrat Party platform because he can't debate against the actual platform. This creates lie 2.

3. The last thing base on abstract generalizing he keeping talking about black people "blaming" this gets super abstract, he's generalization and assuming over 40 million black Americans views which immediately doesn't make sense. Then this begs the abstract question what are blacks "blaming"? he keeping "blaming" abstract. because Black Americans don't face the same issue. then "Getting off my butt and doing something with my life got those things." he's assuming again most blacks don't, This part of his rant is base on abstract generalizing.

When people have racists or hateful views of any group they will attract these irrational notions. The argument is center around emotion rather than logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681













Anyone is free the point out the “progress” we have made. Attending a sociology class can be very disheartening for a black person.

The numbers don’t lie nor are they racist or hateful. They paint the accurate, tough to swallow, pill without bias.

When you treat black problems as something that can be solved in the future or by a politician, don’t be surprised when they only get worse.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-11-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 07:38 PM
 
8,018 posts, read 6,621,767 times
Reputation: 12053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post












Anyone is free the point out the ďprogressĒ we have made. Attending a sociology class can be very disheartening for a black person.

The numbers donít lie nor are they racist or hateful. They paint the accurate, tough to swallow, pill without bias.

When you treat black problems as something that can be solved in the future or by a politician, donít be surprised when they only get worse.
Thank you for provung my point. A couple of things here

1. I never said the black community didn't have problems. You would have to be blind not to acknowledge that. But you would also be blind not to acknowledge that slowly and steadily progress is being made.

2. Your own charts and graphs make more points that you willingly ignore. In terms of the children born to unwed mother's and obesity rates blacks were already behind other races long before the 60's.

You have also ignored that both out-of-wedlock births and obesity rates have been increasing for all Americans. So what does that mean? If society's general trend starts to reverse itself in these two metrics, black americans. To sit here and blame Democrats and Liberals smacks of a hyperpartisan narrative.

What I find interesting here is that you've downplayed the stats I've provided in order to continue your demonization of black america and black americans.

As for politics, even though many black people vote Democrat most black people don't trust neither Liberals or Conservatives. They just trust Conservatives far less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Thank you for provung my point. A couple of things here

1. I never said the black community didn't have problems. You would have to be blind not to acknowledge that. But you would also be blind not to acknowledge that slowly and steadily progress is being made.
Progress is not being made. The out of wedlock birthrate increases every year. You have posted absolutely nothing to prove birthrates are decreasing which would correlate with many black issues decreasing as well. The main issue of the black community is the dysfunctional and nonexistent family nucleus brought on by financially incentivized and subsidized single parent households.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
2. Your own charts and graphs make more points that you willingly ignore. In terms of the children born to unwed mother's and obesity rates blacks were already behind other races long before the 60's.
Except the gap between blacks and others races is widening. Furthermore, you said blacks were steadily and slowly improving? You’re contradicting yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You have also ignored that both out-of-wedlock births and obesity rates have been increasing for all Americans. So what does that mean? If society's general trend starts to reverse itself in these two metrics, black americans. To sit here and blame Democrats and Liberals smacks of a hyperpartisan narrative.
Blacks are only 13% of the population so we have far less room for error compared to other races. This is clearly not a trend, real black lives are being affected by this. Generations of blacks are being affected by this.

Every little black child that grows up fatherless or in a dysfuntional household is at a high risk of anti-social behavior, crime, anti-intellectualism, gangs, unemployment, lack of a role model, etc.

But the proof is in the pudding, liberals and Democrats preach welfare and handouts that incentivize single single parent households while black conservatives preach self reliance and self dependence to learn a marketable skill and climb the social ladder. That’s the difference between Ben Carson and most blacks who were also poor during his childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What I find interesting here is that you've downplayed the stats I've provided in order to continue your demonization of black america and black Americans
I can easily undermine your single stat but it was simply a waste of my time. What I’ve found interesting is you downplay my stats in order to demonize white america and white Americans. And that you don’t find such stats alarming nor bothered to research why such stats exist.

Instead you cherry pick one stat for your argument and believe it suffices against a barrage of stats that prove otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
As for politics, even though many black people vote Democrat most black people don't trust neither Liberals or Conservatives. They just trust Conservatives far less.
Who they trust makes no difference. There is no law that says you have to vote for someone.

But your political philosophies will have a large influence on your choices and beliefs in this world. If you believe the government, who once endorsed slavery and took hundreds of years to finally apologize for it, will legislate blacks out of poverty then I have some bad news for you.

Is the government at fault for the some of the issues of black America? Absolutely. Does that mean they will help black Americans to solve those issues? Nope.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-12-2018 at 12:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2018, 01:57 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
Reputation: 8681
“Blacks are making slow but steady progress” -Ro2113

Quote:
African Americans were worse off financially in 2016 than they were in 2000.

African Americans are the only racial group the Census Bureau identifies that has been left behind. White, Asian and Hispanic households have all seen at least modest income gains since 2000.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-did-in-2000/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top