U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,626 posts, read 16,472,082 times
Reputation: 6348

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
There's a reason why Blacks don't vote Conservative. Mainly due the fact that Conservatives believe that Blacks haven't made progress at all over the past forty years.

This article seems to be written by one of the rare few Cons who actually notice that Black Americans have made some progress the past five decades.

https://psmag.com/news/are-we-talkin...k-middle-class



Or no one talks about the large jump in educational attainment among Black community.



Or how teenage pregnancies in the black community have dropped like a rock.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/1...nic-50-percent


As Conservatives like yourself continue to believe that absolutely no progress has been made by Black Americans in the past several decades and continue to demonize Black people. Blacks in general will not vote Conservative.

Of course much of this argument is political in nature in blaming the evil Liberals and their social programs to make blacks dependent on them for votes.
Is it conservatives that believe that though? Feel like liberals are always going on about how there's so much racism and segregation and that things haven't really changed much since the 60s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,626 posts, read 16,472,082 times
Reputation: 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
1. The poverty rate is less 24.7%, that makes over 75% of Blacks middle or greater. Which make his whole argument flawed.

He argument is not base on facts but literally stereotyping itself.

Most blacks are not on damn walfare, which pretty much is the center of this argument, this lie 1.

2. and rather than having articulate an argument about left vs right political views. He's stating false claims about The Democrat platform. The Democrat Party believe in welfare as a safety net, not for people to live off. But in order to create his argument he have to lie about Democrat Party platform because he can't debate against the actual platform. This creates lie 2.

3. The last thing base on abstract generalizing he keeping talking about black people "blaming" this gets super abstract, he's generalization and assuming over 40 million black Americans views which immediately doesn't make sense. Then this begs the abstract question what are blacks "blaming"? he keeping "blaming" abstract. because Black Americans don't face the same issue. then "Getting off my butt and doing something with my life got those things." he's assuming again most blacks don't, This part of his rant is base on abstract generalizing.

When people have racists or hateful views of any group they will attract these irrational notions. The argument is center around emotion rather than logic.
Facts are facts: 60% of black households make less than $37,500 and 90% make less than $87,500. For sure most blacks aren't technically in poverty but this isn't a profile of a middle class community either.
https://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-...households.htm

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 08:56 AM
 
24,266 posts, read 17,695,647 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Those idiotic articles and stupid books clearly know more than what your Ivy League degree taught you.

But if you think the black community, largely in deterioration, will accomplish anything significant by blaming white people or waiting for politicians to legislate them out of poverty, youíve again wasted your education.

But good job, Iím sure the rest of the black community who doesnít even have a college degree or meet the median household income can live vicariously through you as they wait for Trump to bring those jobs back he promised.

This is the part where I show you crime, income, out of wedlock births, and obesity statistics but you admittedly donít like facts.
You don't know what my Ivy League education taught me.

Crime and income stats being horrible for Black Americans were horrible long before the 1960s. Obviously slaves don't earn money in the money, and with people being sold here and there probably family stability wasn't the greatest. During segregation Black income wasn't so high either.

You ignore practices like redlining and Blacks with equal qualifications being denied mortgages (so they can't purchase property) or business loans (so they have a much harder time starting businesses) so you can come up with excuses to attack Black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,851,079 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You don't know what my Ivy League education taught me.
Your ignorant posts are telling me everything we need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Crime and income stats being horrible for Black Americans were horrible long before the 1960s.
No they weren't horrible before the 1960s plus Ro2113 said blacks have been making steady and slow progress. So either you're lying or he's lying.

I can post the stats but you don't like stats.

The stats show that blacks were easily improving until the explosion of welfare that financially incentivized and subsidized singe parent household disseminated the black community.

It really isn't hard to some some brain cells and figure out what happened between the 1960 and here to explain why blacks are still doing so poorly and why the gaps are only widening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Obviously slaves don't earn money in the money, and with people being sold here and there probably family stability wasn't the greatest. During segregation Black income wasn't so high either.
Ahh the slavery excuse. That didn't take long. Thank God Obama didn't use that excuse, he would've never ran for president. We're talking about modern statistics here, not what happened before you were born. Slavery doesn't make you obese or have kids out of wedlock.

I guess it gave me my corvette, education, and house in hawaii too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You ignore practices like redlining and Blacks with equal qualifications being denied mortgages (so they can't purchase property) or business loans (so they have a much harder time starting businesses) so you can come up with excuses to attack Black people.
Your ignorance to use discriminatory mortgage practices to justify or downplay the high rate of crime, obesity, single parent households, high school droupout rate, unemployment rate, and incarceration rate to attack white people, while also hoping for white handouts through liberal politicians, is just another sad waste of your education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:23 PM
 
24,266 posts, read 17,695,647 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Your ignorant posts are telling me everything we need to know.

No they weren't horrible before the 1960s plus Ro2113 said blacks have been making steady and slow progress. So either you're lying or he's lying.

I can post the stats but you don't like stats.

The stats show that blacks were easily improving until the explosion of welfare that financially incentivized and subsidized singe parent household disseminated the black community.

It really isn't hard to some some brain cells and figure out what happened between the 1960 and here to explain why blacks are still doing so poorly and why the gaps are only widening.

Ahh the slavery excuse. That didn't take long. Thank God Obama didn't use that excuse, he would've never ran for president. We're talking about modern statistics here, not what happened before you were born. Slavery doesn't make you obese or have kids out of wedlock.

I guess it gave me my corvette, education, and house in hawaii too.

Your ignorance to use discriminatory mortgage practices to justify or downplay the high rate of crime, obesity, single parent households, high school droupout rate, unemployment rate, and incarceration rate to attack white people, while also hoping for white handouts through liberal politicians, is just another sad waste of your education.
I am not hoping for white liberal handouts, and the fact that you accuse me of that just shows you to be the white Russian trolls you are..........

The fact that you seemingly don't even acknowledge that after slavery, you had Jim Crow and you had Blacks in defacto slavery until the 1960s. Yes, right after slavery ended of course for some obvious reasons Black people didn't rush out to get jobs on Wallstreet. They worked as sharecroppers and maids, an era I suppose you'd like to see return.

The fact you've shown yourself incapable of actually having any discourse on this matter beyond spouting insane ideological points just shows you to be utter garbage. I'm not saying that as a liberal, I'm saying that as a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,851,079 times
Reputation: 8681
The statistics don't lie. What happened between 1960s and now that led to deterioration of the black community? Welfare. The single most important aspect of society that blacks thought was an asset was actually a liability.


The statistics don't lie
Quote:
As of 1965, the number of Americans living below the official poverty line had been declining continuously since the beginning of the decade and was only about half of what it had been fifteen years earlier. Between 1950 and 1965, the proportion of people whose earnings put them below the poverty level, had decreased by more than 30%. The black poverty rate in particular had been cut nearly in half between 1940 and 1960. And in various skilled trades during the period of 1936-59, the incomes of blacks relative to those of whites had more than doubled.
Quote:
From 1965-69, government-provided benefits increased by a factor of 8; by 1974 such benefits were an astounding 20 times higher than they had been in 1965. Also as of 1974, federal spending on social-welfare programs amounted to 16% of America’s Gross National Product, a far cry from the 8% figure of 1960. By 1977 the number of people receiving public assistance had more than doubled since 1960.

The most devastating by-product of the mushrooming welfare state was the corrosive effect it had on American family life, particularly in the black community. As provisions in welfare laws offered ever-increasing economic incentives for shunning marriage and avoiding the formation of two-parent families, illegitimacy rates rose dramatically.
Quote:
For the next few decades, means-tested welfare programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families penalized marriage. A mother generally received far more money from welfare if she was single rather than married. Once she took a husband, her benefits were instantly reduced by roughly 10 to 20 percent. As a Cato Institute study noted, welfare programs for the poor incentivize the very behaviors that are most likely to perpetuate poverty.
Quote:
The marriage penalties that are embedded in welfare programs can be particularly severe if a woman on public assistance weds a man who is employed in a low-paying job. As a FamilyScholars.org report puts it: “When a couple's income nears the limits prescribed by Medicaid, a few extra dollars in income cause thousands of dollars in benefits to be lost. What all of this means is that the two most important routes out of poverty—marriage and work—are heavily taxed under the current U.S. system.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo

This is why a black person will walk into a sociology class and walk out embarrassed. This explains why all the trends and graphs and stats shows us doing poorly compared to other races. This is why not even a black man who had no father growing up, can become president for 8 years and not change single damn thing about the state of the Black community.

Until you change the dysfunctional of the black family, which welfare financially incentivizes, there won't be any progress. None. Zero. Nada. Tell a race to advance through welfare is like telling Usain Bolt to race in wet cement.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-13-2018 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,851,079 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The fact that you seemingly don't even acknowledge that after slavery, you had Jim Crow and you had Blacks in defacto slavery until the 1960s. Yes, right after slavery ended of course for some obvious reasons Black people didn't rush out to get jobs on Wallstreet. They worked as sharecroppers and maids, an era I suppose you'd like to see return.
The fact that you use slavery and Jim Crow to justify stats in 2018 tells us you believe blacks are too stupid and weak to ever advance or climb the social ladder.

I drive a corvette and live in a house in Hawaii. Obama was president for 8 years.

I guess we should blame slavery for our success. Thanks slavery and Jim Crow, your oppression really bothered my path to success as a young educated black man. The fact you claim to have an Ivy League education, as a descendant of slavery, undermines your entire argument that blacks are too stupid and lazy to socially advance.

Blacks are too stupid and lazy to overcome the legacy of their past. That is your argument, well done. It's a good thing my house, car, and education never bought that argument.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-13-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:48 PM
 
24,266 posts, read 17,695,647 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The statistics don't lie. What happened between 1960s and now that led to deterioration of the black community? Welfare. The single most important aspect of society that blacks thought was an asset was actually a liability.


The statistics don't lie
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo

This is why a black person will walk into a sociology class and walk out embarrassed. This explains why all the trends and graphs and stats shows us doing poorly compared to other races. This is why not even a black man who had no father growing up, can become president for 8 years and not change single damn thing about the state of the Black community.

Until you change the dysfunctional of the black family, which welfare financially incentivizes, there won't be any progress. None. Zero. Nada. Tell a race to advance through welfare is like telling Usain Bolt to race in wet cement.
Who suggests welfare is the way to advance?

I've not heard one person suggest that, even if they were on welfare. I've never walked out a sociology class embarassed.

I'm neither the cause nor the savior of those statistics and those issues were there before I was born and will be there after I'm dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 03:58 PM
 
24,266 posts, read 17,695,647 times
Reputation: 9175
Re: Welfare at that time there were definitely women who left their husbands in order to get government benefits.

But welfare was not the sole cause of all social problems among Black people. There's the school to prison pipeline, of which everyone in education is aware of.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-...pipeline-works

You would still have the school to prison pipeline if everyone Black person was married.

Similarly, things like the war on drugs disproportionately lead to mass incarceration among minorities.

The biggest failing of the civil rights movement was to insist on school integretation. White people just put their kids in private school or moved to mostly white areas (where the higher property tax rate provided more cash for public schools).

I think Black people should open up more schools that would be under community control (people can pay tuition, donate, and get school vouchers for them). I do think relying on public education is a mistake.

For that matter, education alone does not mean you'll get a job. People get the better jobs through referrals, often from people close to them. You'd need a much better network of Black businesses.

Look at the Hasidic Jews in NYC. They own their schools, have a number of community institutions, and own their own businesses and the real estate in their neighborhood.

Asians own a lot of stuff in their neighborhoods, and they have their own after school programs, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,114 posts, read 1,851,079 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Who suggests welfare is the way to advance?
You did, by stating slavery and Jim crow is the reason blacks are still doing poorly.

Instead of admitting that such instances can no longer be used as an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I've not heard one person suggest that, even if they were on welfare. I've never walked out a sociology class embarassed.
So you're proud of the current state of the black community?

I guess you enjoy classes that prove all the stereotypes of blacks being poor, stupid, and lazy are true.

The statistics are what people use to justify racism and there's nothing fun about being in a class that goes over them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'm neither the cause nor the savior of those statistics and those issues were there before I was born and will be there after I'm dead.
People like you are the reason for the statistics, you refuse to acknowledge self-inflicted issues and instead direct blame at slavery, Jim Crow and redlining.

If more people like you realized that no one is coming to save black people, and that we are smart and hard working enough to climb the social ladder without handouts despite the legacy of racism, a lot of these black issues would no longer exist.

Welcome to black conservatism.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-13-2018 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top