U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-13-2018, 04:33 PM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,671,830 times
Reputation: 9170

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You did, by stating slavery and Jim crow is the reason blacks are still doing poorly.

Instead of admitting that such instances can no longer be used as an excuse.


So you're proud of the current state of the black community?

I guess you enjoy classes that prove all the stereotypes of blacks being poor, stupid, and lazy are true.

The statistics are what people use to justify racism and there's nothing fun about being in a class that goes over them.

People like you are the reason for the statistics, you refuse to acknowledge self-inflicted issues and instead direct blame at slavery, Jim Crow and redlining.

If more people like you realized that no one is coming to save black people, and that we are smart and hard working enough to climb the social ladder without handouts despite the legacy of racism, a lot of these black issues would no longer exist.

Welcome to black conservatism.
How convenient you ignore most of my post.

At no point did I advocate welfare. I used the example of Hasidics and Asians, communities who do very well because they control institutions in their communities such as businesses, and their own schools.

I advocated that Black parents pull their kids out of public schools, into schools controlled and operated and FUNDED by the community (it works for Asians and Jews). Of course these schools that Asians and Jews send their kids to do get some government funding, but the bulk of the funding is private and the schools fit their needs.

My positions and beliefs are neither "conservative" nor "liberal". That nonsense is for white christian people and is really inapplicable for other communities, including the communities I just named.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2018, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,845,535 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
How convenient you ignore most of my post.
You ignored my posts will all my pictures. I'm just returning the favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I advocated that Black parents pull their kids out of public schools, into schools controlled and operated and FUNDED by the community (it works for Asians and Jews). Of course these schools that Asians and Jews send their kids to do get some government funding, but the bulk of the funding is private and the schools fit their needs.
Where are all these well funded black communities that can fund such schools? Going to be kind of hard with the high crime rate and low property values in most black communities. Maybe DC and Atlanta could pull it off but there's already good black schools there anyway.

It's a hilariously expensive solution that doesn't solve single parent households or the dysfunction of the black family. Furthermore, a school is worthless if the students don't want to learn. And they won't learn when their household is in disarray. The statistics say so.

The solution is very simple, financially incentivize and subsidize 2 parent households instead of 1 parent households. It won't cost a dime, you're just moving most of welfare from those who don't qualify to those who do. It will work because the poor in this country will make it work. Right now we incentivize the exact opposite and the statistics reflect that. In a few years, the out wedlock birthrate for blacks will be around 90% at the current rate.

I went to a crappy public school, the problems aren't schools. The problems are students who disrupt class because their home life is dysfunctional. The fact you think throwing more money at education, when you didn't even attend such a school growing up, is more evidence of your wasted degree. Plenty of money has already been thrown into welfare, poor schools, section 8, food stamps, projects, EBT cards. Should I bring out the trillion dollar stats for you again?

Quote:
Since 1965, more than $22 trillion of taxpayer money (in constant 2012 dollars) has been spent on means-tested welfare programs for the poor.
$22 trillion is as much effort as you're going to get from a government that once endorsed slavery. The rest is up to you. If it isn't enough, then enjoy burger flipping and waiting for Trump to "bring back jobs."

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-13-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2018, 05:37 PM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,671,830 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You ignored my posts will all my pictures. I'm just returning the favor.


Where are all these well funded black communities that can fund such schools? Going to be kind of hard with the high crime rate and low property values in most black communities. Maybe DC and Atlanta could pull it off but there's already good black schools there anyway.

It's a hilariously expensive solution that doesn't solve single parent households or the dysfunction of the black family. Furthermore, a school is worthless if the students don't want to learn. And they won't learn when their household is in disarray. The statistics say so.

The solution is very simple, financially incentivize and subsidize 2 parent households instead of 1 parent households. It won't cost a dime, you're just moving most of welfare from those who don't qualify to those who do. It will work because the poor in this country will make it work. Right now we incentivize the exact opposite and the statistics reflect that. In a few years, the out wedlock birthrate for blacks will be around 90% at the current rate.

I went to a crappy public school, the problems aren't schools. The problems are students who disrupt class because their home life is dysfunctional. The fact you think throwing more money at education, when you didn't even attend such a school growing up, is more evidence of your wasted degree. Plenty of money has already been thrown into welfare, poor schools, section 8, food stamps, projects, EBT cards. Should I bring out the trillion dollar stats for you again?

$22 trillion is as much effort as you're going to get from a government that once endorsed slavery. The rest is up to you. If it isn't enough, then enjoy burger flipping and waiting for Trump to "bring back jobs."
Who is going to financially subsidized two parent households and why on earth would they do it? You claim to hate welfare, and now you want to give people welfare to get married? You claim to hate liberalism, and yet you want to use the government to solve problems?

Public schools have other problems. They have to take in all students, and private schools can kick people out.

So you aren't even a conservative then. Btw, your welfare program has no chance of passing.

Pre "integretion" schools were mostly Black run, and they were full of Black teachers and Black principals. Integretation of public schools was a huge screw up of the civil rights movement.

You love statistics except for when they don't fit your ideology. There's plenty of evidence that Black children are punished more severely for the same crimes as white students, and the school system itself is well aware of it, and all of the top people in administration and anything to do with k-12 education know of it. Of course, nothing is done with it. The public schools, if they were so good, you would have had so many whites, Asians, or Jews sending their kids to private schools that they pay for.

You mentioned what a successful Black person you are, well for Hasidics, Asians, and whites the successful ones donate money to private schools in their community and that helps lower the cost for others. These schools at times do get some government money, and the rest is from tuition or from donations from the general public in the community. No real reason why Black people can't do the same.

When you are paying out of your pocket for something, there's a greater chance you'll take it seriously. Public school is "free" to those attending it, and therefore there isn't an incentive to take it so seriously. So I think the biggest thing that would help is to end public education as we know it.

Because the only two groups sending their kids to public schools in large numbers these days are Blacks and Hispanics, and that's working out so well for them.

Conservatives tend to hate bureaucracy and so they love private schools and community control. Not big government, which they tend to think institutionalizes education. Given the disastrous school to prison pipeline, I tend to agree. I've known public school teachers who sent their kids to private school, and the kids in public school being bad is the LEAST of why they did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,845,535 times
Reputation: 8675
I could undermine your argument again but there’s no need to push this thread another 79 pages. Especially since you have yet to address any of my posts with graphics or pictures.

It doesn’t matter what the solution is, right now is as good as it will get for black people. We even had a black president for 8 years that you like to forget. Technology will only make it harder for people to find jobs not easier:

Buttom line, you believe blacks are too stupid and lazy to overcome the legacy of racism and I believe otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 04:19 PM
 
24,247 posts, read 17,671,830 times
Reputation: 9170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I could undermine your argument again but there’s no need to push this thread another 79 pages. Especially since you have yet to address any of my posts with graphics or pictures.

It doesn’t matter what the solution is, right now is as good as it will get for black people. We even had a black president for 8 years that you like to forget. Technology will only make it harder for people to find jobs not easier:

Buttom line, you believe blacks are too stupid and lazy to overcome the legacy of racism and I believe otherwise.
How would I have forgotten that Obama was the President.

I did not say Black people were too stupid and lazy to overcome the legacy of racism.

I have complete, concrete steps they must take, and that they alone must take to overcome the legacy of racism.

And these steps have nothing to do with white people, whether liberal or conservative.

The community has to take charge of itself, starting out with providing education for itself. The community has to expand and support Black businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Status: "Thinking of the future..." (set 7 days ago)
 
5,274 posts, read 8,062,580 times
Reputation: 4285
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2018, 08:15 PM
 
56,822 posts, read 81,169,050 times
Reputation: 12565
Why people need to think for themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dP...&feature=share (Doesn’t include those that join the workforce or military as well)

A CDC study found that black dads are more involved with their kids than dads from other races. | The Real African

Can find more here: BlackDemographics.com | The African American Population
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,845,535 times
Reputation: 8675
Just ordered another great book by the black author Jason L. Riley.

It talks about the failure of modern civil rights leaders and looks very promising

Quote:
Black civil rights leaders have long supported ethnic identity politics and prioritized the integration of political institutions, and seldom has that strategy been questioned. In False Black Power?, Jason L. Riley takes an honest, factual look at why increased black political power has not paid off in the ways that civil rights leadership has promised.


Recent decades have witnessed a proliferation of black elected officials, culminating in the historic presidency of Barack Obama. However, racial gaps in employment, income, homeownership, academic achievement, and other measures not only continue but in some cases have even widened. While other racial and ethnic groups in America have made economic advancement a priority, the focus on political capital or blacks has been a disadvantage, blocking them from the fiscal capital that helped power upward mobility among other groups.


Riley explains why the political strategy of civil rights leaders has left so many blacks behind. The key to black economic advancement today is overcoming cultural handicaps, not attaining more political power. The book closes with thoughtful responses from key thought leaders Glenn Loury and John McWhorter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...KIKX0DER&psc=1


I love folks who don't let bias get in the way of evaluating something objectively. Amazingly, he even talks about those black statistics I always bring up.


After that I'll probably order this one. Despite already knowing the problem, I like to read information on why blacks are still doing poorly that don't involve blaming other people. I highly encourage most of y'all to do some reading.




It's time to upgrade my classic collection

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-15-2018 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Status: "Thinking of the future..." (set 7 days ago)
 
5,274 posts, read 8,062,580 times
Reputation: 4285
My respects to Rocko20.

I really like his ‘we can make it no matter what’ attitude. Its quite refreshing to see that in an African American. I don’t agree with everything he says, but his attitude is a cornerstone of just about everyone that become truly successful in life.

Also thanks for mentioning the books you’re reading or planning to read. I added a few to my ‘to read’ list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,845,535 times
Reputation: 8675
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
My respects to Rocko20.

I really like his ‘we can make it no matter what’ attitude. Its quite refreshing to see that in an African American. I don’t agree with everything he says, but his attitude is a cornerstone of just about everyone that become truly successful in life.

Also thanks for mentioning the books you’re reading or planning to read. I added a few to my ‘to read’ list.
Thank you. Obama proved that blacks can no longer play the victim card. At the very least, he proved what was possible when you work hard. The guy didn't even have a father who was around and now he's a black millionaire ex-president with an Ivy League family. He did not let his race stop his path so I can't either.

We have the tools for success because many blacks have already done it. Lawyers, doctors, engineers, military generals, governors, senators, president, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc. There is not one profession or degree in America that a black person isn't successful in.

The idea is trying to get more black people to buy into practical success (not athlete or raper) without waiting for someone to hand it to them or developing a mindset that it's too hard. If you're ok with some uneducated, tattoo'd up, slang, baggy pants, criminal record rapper being successful because he figured out how to get money in this world, and you're fine with welfare and blaming white people, something is wrong.

Do blacks have to work harder to achieve the same result? Sure. Do blacks start off with a lot less in life? Yup. But the point is that you can still make it in life much faster than the politician you voted for to fight on your behalf. I don't know about you, but Al Sharpton and his victim mentality isn't paying my mortgage. I want money and success now and I'm tired of waiting for politicians and civil rights leaders promising it to me. I'm tired of people blaming slavery and Jim Crow. How does that help me live better? How does that help me right?

I refuse to be "too stupid and lazy" to let the horrific past of my ancestors and its legacy, stop me from success. We are in America, western Africa would've been far worse.

Quote:
If the Negro in the ghetto must eternally be fed by the hand that pushes him into the ghetto, he will never become strong enough to get out of the ghetto. Carter G. Woodson
Quote:
The individual who can do something that the world wants done will, in the end, make his way regardless of his race - Booker T Washington.
I actually plan to re-read this one as it was so good. Welfare programs designed to help blacks were actually hurting them and making things worse.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-15-2018 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top