U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 12:06 PM

56,846 posts, read 81,192,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Another example: https://tcf.org/content/commentary/m...oods-disaster/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 12:06 PM

6,111 posts, read 1,845,535 times
I also want to point out that the current state of the black community was already predicted in 1965 when folks saw the trends.

Quote:
The Negro Family: The Case For National Action (known as the Moynihan Report, 1965) was written by Daniel Patrick Moynihan, an American sociologist serving as Assistant Secretary of Labor under President Lyndon B. Johnson of the United States.

In 1976, Moynihan was elected to the first of several terms as US senator from New York and continued to support liberal programs to try to end poverty.

His report focused on the deep roots of black poverty in the United States and controversially concluded that the high rate of families headed by single mothers would greatly hinder progress of blacks toward economic and political equality.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ational_Action

Old 04-16-2018, 12:12 PM

56,846 posts, read 81,192,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
My respects to Rocko20.

I really like his ‘we can make it no matter what’ attitude. Its quite refreshing to see that in an African American. I don’t agree with everything he says, but his attitude is a cornerstone of just about everyone that become truly successful in life.

Also thanks for mentioning the books you’re reading or planning to read. I added a few to my ‘to read’ list.
Why is that “refreshing” when that is the general narrative all along?

I think the issue is that there can be “political pimping under a new name”, which this looks like. Once the politicalization gets out of the way, then the dust will for people to just execute solutions, which will not occur until communities tap into their total self. I say that especially given that, if we get completely honest, the systems in place were not designed with said people in mind. So, you really need to tap into more than just physical/temporal aspects of life.

I also say that given that community building successes in the past, that were only to be attacked via outside communal choices and policy(aka-Urban Renewal), let alone the harm all communities to themselves. Think Rosewood FL, Tulsa OK’s Greenwood community, Pittsburgh’s Hill neighborhood, Detroit’s Black Bottom, Manhattan’s Seneca Village, Durham NC’s Hayti District, etc.

Just to reference an author/writer that has been mentioned in this thread: https://www.c-span.org/video/?430425...se-black-power

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-16-2018 at 12:46 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,950,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrose55 View Post
Having lived in Uganda and Kenya I can tell you that many Africans in these two countries are basically friendly and hard working while most Black Americans are extremely angry and can not seem to move forward and they focus on "what all the white people have done to them". I found black American women full of hatred towards white women . Lack of understanding and not having the will to listen instead of talk is keeping them treading water. Its a very sad state.

Hmmm. A well brain washed person who is trained to believe everything that the white people tell him.

Well whites tell blacks in the Americas that people in Africa live in trees and eat each other. See. negative attitudes exist on both sides iof we spend all day spewing what whites tell us.

Black African youths in Paris ghettoes exhibit all the traits that you blame (poor) black Americans of displaying. Ironically in Paris its the black American (and English speaking blacks in general) who is worshipped and the black African who is despised.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The irony is that blacks have largely voted for liberals/Democrats and the liberals are responsible for this massive welfare state that incentivized fatherless homes.

Fun fact for you.

When Trump bellowed about Africans living in mud huts and called their countries ****holes they weren't amused. So the fact that most Africans who vote in the USA do so in the same % as do black Americans shouldn't surprise you.

If the GOP is loved by white supremacists then clearly it will be hated by black Americans as well as black immigrants.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m black and educated, sorry for the breaking news.

Obama largely still has roots to Kenya and an African father where most African Americans have no ties at all to Africa. .
Really! His Kenyan relatives who complain that he ignores them will be surprised at this fun fact.

Obama is CLOSER to his BLACK AMERICAN IN-LAWS than he is to his father's family. His father ABANDONED him. His BLACK AMERICAN in-laws DO NOT!

Old 04-17-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
As stated before when people can't prove their point they try to dodge around the point.

The debate is not whether Rocko20 is black or not that irrelevant

it's his counter factual statements, they so bizarre it make people question is he black.

Now he's trying to prove he's black, as if that prove some of his points. The point was his position are base on stereotyping, generalization and inaccuracy.

the fact that he spews nonsense from a white supremacist site is the issue. We know that for every slave rebellion there was a silly negro complaining to massa and doing his best to ensure that the insurrection failed.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.

I have no problem with the fact that some blacks are clowns. Research and you will find that some were very angry when slavery ended and their massas told them to go. Oh how they howled and begged massa to keep them, even promising to work for free (remain slaves that is).

If a black man regurgitates rants that I can find on a white supremacist site it makes most truly wonder where his intense rage and self hatred comes from. Blaming blacks that white massa doesn't like him?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:02 PM

[quote=Rocko20;51584010]

Oh yes. Straight from the white supremacist sites. When shown that a substantial black middle class has emerged and that more than 70% of blacks have NEVER been on welfare they go straight to the out of wedlock dogma. Funny that this doesn't seem to be holding back many blacks, Yes the 70% who have NEVER been on welfare! The 70% who are leading NORMAL lives.

Much better to use KKK lies that stigmatize 40 million people based on what 30% of them might be doing!

Old 04-17-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
My respects to Rocko20.

I really like his ‘we can make it no matter what’ attitude. .
Despite the white supremacists and assorted racists this is how MOST BLACK PEOPLE THINK. They are NOT waiting for a gift from anyone! Get to know a few blacks and stop believing what FOX TV tells you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or