U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 11:29 PM

8,018 posts, read 6,610,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The problem is not black poverty, every race has poor people. The problem is the stagnation and regression when there should be progress. I think a mere graph showing your the statistics of self-inflicted issues can educate you on why the progress of blacks continue to decrease.

You keep deflecting the problem to outside forces and history as if these outside forces are suppose to help us. Hello, they're part of the reason we're in this problem, the other half of the problem is a result of our own self-inflicted issue issues. If we fixed our half of the problem, black on black crime, you would see progress overnight.

Do you believe DC bureaucrats can help black people faster than black people can help themselves? If outside forces are repsonbile for statistics what on God's green earth makes you think they're going to help us fix the statistics?

And 70%+ of white, Hispanics, and Asians have also never been on welfare. Congrats.

What interests me is black progress and the statistic don't reflect that. You might think this is some joke but the black community is in dangerous territory right now.
I've already showed you the stats of black progress. Education, declining teenage birth rate, more blacks entering the middle class than in the 60's. It's not happening as fast as you'd like but you are determined to gloss over them in favor of continuing to demonize your own people. Sad that you've chosen to hate your people to this degree.

But if this is the narrative you want to believe then go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 11:39 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,837,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I've already showed you the stats of black progress. Education, declining teenage birth rate, more blacks entering the middle class than in the 60's. It's not happening as fast as you'd like but you are determined to gloss over them in favor of continuing to demonize your own people. Sad that you've chosen to hate your people to this degree
My posts directly contradict your posts and I have yet to see your charts refuting my charts. Clearly you refuse to acknowledge the current state or the black community nor care about the central issue behind the state: the disintegration of the black nucleus family which was predicted in the 1960s because we did nothing to change the financial incentives and subsidization of single parenting and fatherless homes.

I love my people, that's why I read countless books about our history (which is ignored in western formal education) and consider this an emergency while you're just fine with nothing being done. I live on an island with hardly any black people, but I haven't given up on black people or black issues.

You're just fine with being black and providing bigots with all this ammo they have against us. You're fine with all the black deaths at the hands of other black people that happen everyday. You're fine with blaming everything on someone. You're fine with the hopeless feeling a lot of blacks have in this country, even after the election of a black president for 8 years.

The narrative you want to believe that blacks are doing just fine is completely disrespectful. 2 black people were arrested at Starbucks, perhaps you don't realize that statistics only re-enforce the racial profiling and stereotype that blacks experience leading to being arrested at starbucks.

Again, racists like Fox News just plaster the statistics for all of America to see. It's their ammo.

Is this our progress?

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-21-2018 at 12:08 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 12:15 AM

24,247 posts, read 17,637,884 times
Quote:
Doesn't justify the over representation of blacks collecting it.

Again, doesn't justify the overrepresention of blacks collecting it. The Rush Limbaugh's of America point right to the statistics. That is their pinpoint ammo to justify their racism, prejudices, and stereotypes toward blacks.

Military "welfare" is not factored into the national statistics of welfare. Probably because one has to give up their freedom and risk being shot or blown up for this type of "welfare."

Blacks are overepresented in the military as well (13% of the population and 17% of the military). But atleast they're actively improving their situation. They're not out gang banging and committing crime.

The stats paint a perfect picture for racists to use against black stereotypes. No one can change the statistics for us, we have to do it ourselves.

So did Colin Powell and Alan West. I'm with good company.

I guess your solution is to beg 42 million African Americas, most of which won't qualify, to serve their country and get some of that "easy welfare"
When you get off military welfare yourself and truly be a big business success, then come back and preach about the horrors of government dependency.

But in the interim you're a government dependent yourself, Mr. Welfare King. So please spare everyone the ridiculous lectures when you're collecting government checks yourself. Yes, include yourself among the overrepresentation.

And if you grew up in a two parent household, it looks like it didn't do you much good, since you personally needed government support.

Mind you as I said, ALL AMERICANS at some point get on welfare, if only old age welfare programs like medicare and medicaid.

Young Americans get grants for college, subsidized loans, among other aid for college. Fired people get unemployment and food stamps.

You are just parroting right wing propaganda, and being hypocritical about it because I seriously doubt you'd have anything at all if not for the government/military service. You couldn't cut it without the military (if you aren't lying about everything), so I don't know why you think you can lecture everyone for what you failed to be able to do yourself.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:49 AM

8,018 posts, read 6,610,001 times
Quote:
My posts directly contradict your posts and I have yet to see your charts refuting my charts. Clearly you refuse to acknowledge the current state or the black community nor care about the central issue behind the state: the disintegration of the black nucleus family which was predicted in the 1960s because we did nothing to change the financial incentives and subsidization of single parenting and fatherless homes.

I love my people, that's why I read countless books about our history (which is ignored in western formal education) and consider this an emergency while you're just fine with nothing being done. I live on an island with hardly any black people, but I haven't given up on black people or black issues.

You're just fine with being black and providing bigots with all this ammo they have against us. You're fine with all the black deaths at the hands of other black people that happen everyday. You're fine with blaming everything on someone. You're fine with the hopeless feeling a lot of blacks have in this country, even after the election of a black president for 8 years.

The narrative you want to believe that blacks are doing just fine is completely disrespectful. 2 black people were arrested at Starbucks, perhaps you don't realize that statistics only re-enforce the racial profiling and stereotype that blacks experience leading to being arrested at starbucks.

Again, racists like Fox News just plaster the statistics for all of America to see. It's their ammo.

Is this our progress?

I knew you were going to become irrationally emotional and make assumptions about things that I've never said. First I never said that the statistics I have provided debunk yours. Just as yours don't debunk contradict mine. I also never said that the black community doesn't have issues that need a whole lot of work. In fact you should go back and re-read my post because I distinctly said just that.

But your whole point is that there is nothing good happening in Black America and for Black Americans over these several even I've showed you evidence to the contrary.

Despite what they say on places like Fox News and Breibart well look at this article

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/o...e-decline.html

Quote:
The drop in violent crime has led better-off families to move into poorer city neighborhoods, thus reducing the concentration of poverty in urban America. Though gentrification has become a problem in a few prominent places, in most cities there is no good evidence that poor families have been pushed out of their neighborhoods as violence has fallen. In fact, as research I conducted with the doctoral student Gerard Torrats-Espinosa shows, the crime decline has improved the prospects for upward mobility for the poorest American families.
Or this article:

Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests — Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Quote:
In the last 20 years in particular, the FBI reports, rates of crime among African American youth have plummeted: All offenses (down 47%), drug offenses (down 50%), property offenses (down 51%), serious Part I offenses (down 53%), assault (down 59%), robbery (down 60%), all violent offenses (down 60%), rape (down 66%), and murder (down 82%).
For all your talk about your love of black people and your disdain for racist you've brought into their dogma about the black degenerate who is always up to no good as the norm for Black Americans. Even worse you're apologizing for their racism. I mean really why should I or any proud black man or women give a flying "F" about what racist think or say? They hate any black person who actually speaks their mind and won't fellate them.

And it's ironic that you tell me I don't care about my people when you live on an island practically devoid of blacks. I still live here amongst black people on the mainland.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
When you get off military welfare yourself and truly be a big business success, then come back and preach about the horrors of government dependency.
Already did it. Time for you to ask the other 42 million African Americans to do the same since it was apparently so easy.
Quote:
But in the interim you're a government dependent yourself, Mr. Welfare King. So please spare everyone the ridiculous lectures when you're collecting government checks yourself. Yes, include yourself among the overrepresentation.
Again, no longer in the military, try some reading comprehension.
Quote:
And if you grew up in a two parent household, it looks like it didn't do you much good, since you personally needed government support.
Baseless claims and conjecture, stay on topic.
Quote:
Mind you as I said, ALL AMERICANS at some point get on welfare, if only old age welfare programs like medicare and medicaid.
You might want to tell the statistics that they're wrong then. Sorry, I mean "dishonest."
Quote:
Young Americans get grants for college, subsidized loans, among other aid for college. Fired people get unemployment and food stamps.
Then blacks should have no reason to not go and graduate from college.
Quote:
You are just parroting right wing propaganda, and being hypocritical about it because I seriously doubt you'd have anything at all if not for the government/military service. You couldn't cut it without the military (if you aren't lying about everything), so I don't know why you think you can lecture everyone for what you failed to be able to do yourself.
More baseless claims and conjecture. You're not really good at arguing for an Ivy League degree holder.

I'm a black educated veteran enjoying the fruits of my labor in hawaii, holding his race accountable, and refuting your false narrative that someone is coming to save us. Voting for a politician certainly didn't get me a corvette but I'd still be driving a Kia Spectra if I believed your nonsense that someone was stopping me from success.

You're a disgruntled black man getting upset because I'm telling the truth. If the military gave me and Colin Powell everything we have (it didn't), then clearly the big secret is out and every poor black person should serve their country instead of waiting for a politician to legislate them out of poverty. Excellent solution you have there. Top notch. Telling 42 million blacks to go the basic training, well done.

The black servicemen and servicewomen who have died for this country (RIP), did not do it in vain so long as the blacks in this country take advantage of said sacrifices by utilizing any and all opportunities available to them to rise above their situation. Not waiting for someone to save them, committing crime, and feeling sorry for the past as you are clearly suggesting.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-21-2018 at 02:32 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
But your whole point is that there is nothing good happening in Black America and for Black Americans over these several even I've showed you evidence to the contrary.

Despite what they say on places like Fox News and Breibart well look at this article

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/o...e-decline.html
To consider this as any meaningful progress is laughable. Blacks still overwhelming commit crime by percentage relative to our 13% population in America, including black on black crime which is completely catastrophic to our community and further inhibits social progress. Again, you guys wondered why 2 black people were racially profiled in starbucks then ignore the statistics that re-enforce black stereotypes and result in our arrest and scrutinizing just to sit at a damn table.
See post above. Part of our problem is we refuse to look in the mirror. You posted two articles on the same subject against my 12 graphs.

Quote:
For all your talk about your love of black people and your disdain for racist you've brought into their dogma about the black degenerate who is always up to no good as the norm for Black Americans. Even worse you're apologizing for their racism. I mean really why should I or any proud black man or women give a flying "F" about what racist think or say? They hate any black person who actually speaks their mind and won't fellate them.
My problem with you is this woe is me victim mentality that apparently all black should have. I would still be flipping burgers in San Antonio Texas if I bought into this mentality. It’s poison, stop telling people they can’t do anything due to the color of their skin and stop justifying failure.

I really can't recall any racist stopping me or any of my black friends from what we want to accomplish.

You think that someone is going to save us and I'm here to tell you it isn't going to happen.

Quote:
And it's ironic that you tell me I don't care about my people when you live on an island practically devoid of blacks. I still live here amongst black people on the mainland.
I live on an island because that's what successful blacks do, exactly what they want without waiting for politicians to solve it.

If you still live among blacks in the mainland then you're failing them with your woe is me victim attitude. Matter of fact, a good portion of successful blacks get out the hood and move to the suburbs. Perhaps they understand that no one was coming to help them and decided to arise above their situation anyway, which included moving away from those who were bad influences on them.

I did my research, it didn't say anything about anyone coming to save us.

Quote:
If the Negro in the ghetto must eternally be fed by the hand that pushes him into the ghetto, he will never become strong enough to get out of the ghetto. - Carter G. Woodson

The individual who can do something that the world wants done will, in the end, make his way regardless of his race. - Booker T. Washington

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-21-2018 at 02:23 AM..

Old 04-21-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Already did it. Time for you to ask the other 42 million African Americans to do the same since it was apparently so easy.

Again, no longer in the military, try some reading comprehension.

Baseless claims and conjecture, stay on topic.

You might want to tell the statistics that they're wrong then. Sorry, I mean "dishonest."

Then blacks should have no reason to not go and graduate from college.

More baseless claims and conjecture. You're not really good at arguing for an Ivy League degree holder.

I'm a black educated veteran enjoying the fruits of my labor in hawaii, holding his race accountable, and refuting your false narrative that someone is coming to save us. Voting for a politician certainly didn't get me a corvette but I'd still be driving a Kia Spectra if I believed your nonsense that someone was stopping me from success.

You're a disgruntled black man getting upset because I'm telling the truth. If the military gave me and Colin Powell everything we have (it didn't), then clearly the big secret is out and every poor black person should serve their country instead of waiting for a politician to legislate them out of poverty. Excellent solution you have there. Top notch. Telling 42 million blacks to go the basic training, well done.

The black servicemen and servicewomen who have died for this country (RIP), did not do it in vain so long as the blacks in this country take advantage of said sacrifices by utilizing any and all opportunities available to them to rise above their situation. Not waiting for someone to save them, committing crime, and feeling sorry for the past as you are clearly suggesting.
You're a lying government dependent who used government dependency to get his education and move himself up, and now you're trying to moralize and lecture.

The bottom line is you were nothing without your military service, or else you wouldn't have done it. Love them checks eh?

Old 04-21-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
You're a lying government dependent who used government dependency to get his education and move himself up, and now you're trying to moralize and lecture.

The bottom line is you were nothing without your military service, or else you wouldn't have done it. Love them checks eh?
Thanks, me and fellow educated veteran Colin Powell appreciate your sentiment. Now if only we can get 42 million other blacks to follow in our steps of this super easy way out of black poverty.

I’ll continue enjoying the fruits of my labor in paradise and taking advantage of the sacrifices made by the black servicemen who have died for their country, while you wait for Trump to bring back jobs to the inner city and whine about outside forces preventing the next poor black kid from becoming the next Colin Powell. Then write rough drafts for your blog about how unfair life is.

In the meantime, your democratic politicians are fighting on my behalf completely oblivious that I was tired of waiting on them to finally do something. Thank God the progress of liberal legislation is so slow and ineffective, I would’ve never gotten off my butt to improve my life otherwise.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-21-2018 at 03:30 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks, me and fellow educated veteran Colin Powell appreciate your sentiment. Now if only we can get 42 million other blacks to follow in our steps of this super easy way out of black poverty.

I’ll continue enjoying the fruits of my labor in paradise and taking advantage of the sacrifices made by the black servicemen who have died for their country, while you wait for Trump to bring back jobs to the inner city and whine about outside forces preventing the next poor black kid from becoming the next Colin Powell. Then write rough drafts for your blog about how unfair life is.

In the meantime, your democratic politicians are fighting on my behalf completely oblivious that I was tired of waiting on them to finally do something. Thank God the progress of liberal legislation is so slow and ineffective, I would’ve never gotten off my butt to improve my life otherwise.
I never claimed life is unfair. Life was quite fair to me. I'm in Barcelona, Spain, so I left the US altogether. Someone with my education can live anywhere in the world ,and to be completely honest I don't have to care what the US stats are or are not concerning Blacks or anyone else. It's absolutely no impact on my life here in Europe.

So I don't live in an US inner city, don't care if they bring back jobs or not, don't really care what happens to them, and as mail is slow between the US and Europe I likely won't be getting ballots so I likely won't be voting for any US politician.

And yes, I've been around the world without US governmental assistance.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I never claimed life is unfair.
Your posts suggest otherwise.
Quote:
Life was quite fair to me.
Me too, funny how race didn’t prevent that.
Quote:
I'm in Barcelona, Spain, so I left the US altogether. Someone with my education can live anywhere in the world ,and to be completely honest I don't have to care what the US stats are or are not concerning Blacks or anyone else. It's absolutely no impact on my life here in Europe.
Well done, successful black story of self advancement. You were a black conservative this whole time.

Sorry for the breaking news but Europe is more racist than America. There was no civil rights movement in those countries. Be sure to attend a Black Pete celebration where locals dress up in blackface, enjoy your stay.

Don’t be surprised if they assume you’re from Somalia, having visited Germany and Norway, they simply don’t care to know the difference between blacks.
Quote:
So I don't live in an US inner city, don't care if they bring back jobs or not, don't really care what happens to them, and as mail is slow between the US and Europe I likely won't be getting ballots so I likely won't be voting for any US politician.
Good, let us who do care about blacks and the advancement of our race without blaming everything on magical forces carry on the discussion without you.
Quote:
And yes, I've been around the world without US governmental assistance.
So sorry to hear that. Clearly many poor blacks could never relate to you or consider your path a viable option for them to escape poverty.

Looks like you have more in common with white trust fund kids than the black community.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-22-2018 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or