U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 07:28 PM

24,247 posts, read 17,632,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Your posts suggest otherwise.

Me too, funny how race didn’t prevent that.

Well done, successful black story of self advancement. You were a black conservative this whole time.

Sorry for the breaking news but Europe is more racist than America. There was no civil rights movement in those countries. Be sure to attend a Black Pete celebration where locals dress up in blackface, enjoy your stay.

Don’t be surprised if they assume you’re from Somalia, having visited Germany and Norway, they simply don’t care to know the difference between blacks.

Good, let us who do care about blacks and the advancement of our race without blaming everything on magical forces carry on the discussion without you.

So sorry to hear that. Clearly many poor blacks could never relate to you or consider your path a viable option for them to escape poverty.

Looks like you have more in common with white trust fund kids than the black community.
Actually I'm part European and white myself and suffice to say my family tree more than qualifies me for Spanish citizenship. Europe doesn't do one drop rules like America.

And you can thank a white ancestor of mine on why I had enough money to get the education I got. An inheritance passed down multigenerationally.

And I've already been here quite sometime, and I know a lot more about Europe than you do.

And no, they know I'm American. My accent in Spanish gives me away.

So frankly whatever happens in the "inner city" is nothing I really concern myself with or give a damn about, nor do I care about "liberals" or "conservatives".

European nations grant citizenship by blood or race. Any person with a grandparent from wherever in Europe, even if their other three grandparents are Pakistani, Chinese, Black, or whatever non white background still has that one European grandparent, and qualifies as a citizen of that European nation by blood. And that's how many people of all races get European citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 07:36 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,836,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So frankly whatever happens in the "inner city" is nothing I really concern myself with or give a damn about, nor do I care about "liberals" or "conservatives".
We know, so stop wasting your time posting in this thread.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
We know, so stop wasting your time posting in this thread.
I post where I want to dude.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I post where I want to dude.
In a thread where you don't care about blacks? That's called trolling.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
In a thread where you don't care about blacks? That's called trolling.
The thread is not about "Blacks". It's about when Africans meet African Americans. You took this thread in a direction that's way off topic, btw.

This thread is not about how to fix African Americans or whatever issues African Americans may have. This forum is supposed to be about Africa. So your posts and stats concerning the African American community are honestly completely irrelevant to this forum and off topic.

I am interested in what happens when Africans meet African Americans, and this happens in many different contexts, and not all of those contexts are in the US.

3,000 to 5,000 African Americans have moved to Ghana, which offers duel citizenship to the descendents of African slaves. I'm more interested in that, which is relevant to this thread and to this forum. Ghana offered this law in part because a lot of African American tourists come to Ghana and spend money, and they decided this was an excellent way to get money/investment/skills from well off and educated African Americans, which surprise do exist.

The stuff you're talking about should be discussed on the US politics forum. Irrelevant to an Africa forum.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:36 AM

7,437 posts, read 5,939,607 times
Quote:
Thanks, me and fellow educated veteran Colin Powell appreciate your sentiment. e.
Don't link yourself with Collin Powell or even Condi Rice. They will quickly educate you about the history of this country and why blacks are disproportionately poor. They will also ask why your focus on the 70% who have NEVER received welfare social support and why your focus on the 30%. DESPITE the odious history of this country 70% of blacks worked hard to be independent and NOT depend on others for their survival.

BOTH Condi Rice and Collin Powell have been very vocal about racism and BOTH have advocated remedies to help blacks catch up. Yes BOTH favor forms of affirmative action.

Also note to you. 15% of the white population is LARGER than 30% of the black population so MORE whites depend on welfare than blacks, yet the anti black GOP peddles the lie that most welfare in this country goes to blacks. And naÔve as you are, eager to ingratiate yourself with somebody you lap it up with no thought.

I can only ponder why you eagerness to peddle the lies told to you by Sean Hannity.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Don't link yourself with Collin Powell or even Condi Rice. They will quickly educate you about the history of this country and why blacks are disproportionately poor.
Except they did something about being poor, just like me.

Quote:
They will also ask why your focus on the 70% who have NEVER received welfare social support and why your focus on the 30%. DESPITE the odious history of this country 70% of blacks worked hard to be independent and NOT depend on others for their survival.
NYwriter dude just said we all use welfare. So you and him need to get on the same page.

They will also ask why you don’t focus on 90% of black victims who were killed by black suspects. And all the other statistics that you refuse to accept that indicate the current social regression of the African American and African community. Perhaps when the out of wedlock birthdate jumps to 80% you’ll finally pay attention.

Don’t worry, you can read all about it:

Quote:
BOTH Condi Rice and Collin Powell have been very vocal about racism and BOTH have advocated remedies to help blacks catch up. Yes BOTH favor forms of affirmative action.
Both outlined paths to their own success (military/college education) yet we blacks still believe its racism that prevents us from being Colin Powell and Condi Rice. No, that’s anti-intellectualism and self-inflicted issues that’s stopping us. Matter of fact black Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas doesn’t believe in Affirmative Action so there goes your argument again.

You want to waste your time being a victim, be my guest. I live in Hawaii.
Quote:
Also note to you. 15% of the white population is LARGER than 30% of the black population so MORE whites depend on welfare than blacks, yet the anti black GOP peddles the lie that most welfare in this country goes to blacks. And naÔve as you are, eager to ingratiate yourself with somebody you lap it up with no thought.
You really are ignorant if you think the number of people on welfare, and not the percentage of the demographic of those on welfare, is an accurate reflection on govemment dependence.

The statistics are not biased, racist, or come from Fox News

Quote:
I can only ponder why you eagerness to peddle the lies told to you by Sean Hannity.
Well these lies got me an education, sportscar, house, and world travel so they must not be too bad.

I can only ponder why you believe someone’s black skin will prevent them from being a Colin Powell.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-23-2018 at 02:32 PM..

Old 04-23-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
The thread is not about "Blacks". It's about when Africans meet African Americans. You took this thread in a direction that's way off topic, btw.
Says the guy bragging about his false European background and fictional transgenerstional wealth without residing in either America or Africa.

Quote:
This thread is not about how to fix African Americans or whatever issues African Americans may have. This forum is supposed to be about Africa. So your posts and stats concerning the African American community are honestly completely irrelevant to this forum and off topic.forum.
African Americans fall under the umbrella of Africans. African Americans are also in the title of this thread so naturally the issues that plague both communities will arise as an explanation of the hostility both groups have with eachother.

Sorry for the breaking news. Unless you can point me to a dedicated African American, African Canadian, African Brazilian, African France, etc section we should all be posting in.
Quote:
I am interested in what happens when Africans meet African Americans, and this happens in many different contexts, and not all of those contexts are in the US.forum.
You are interested in not having anything related to do with Africans or African Americans a long with blaming outside forces for the problems of both communities in an endless game of victimization.

You’re not interested in the background and context of why Africans and African Americans routinely despise eachother, which has been clearly laid out by the current state of both the African American and African community on a global stage.

Believe it or not, the animosity and distrust between African Americans and Africans comes from the historical background and current socioeconomic issues both groups face, hence the history lesson. When I met an African on a train in the middle of South Korea, we talked about a few things, but at the end of the day went our separate ways. Why? Becasue despite having the same skin complexion and ancestry from Africa we are both in complete different mindset about the issues of our own communities.

Same for the African business owners I met in Japan, they actually studied and knew Japanese. Nevertheless you would never catch them conversing with the African Americans who were in Japan serving military tours or vice versa. Both groups generally don't want anything to do with the other. Why? Well, that's why we're having this sociology lesson. It explains why.

What would help African Americans and Africans come together? The increased socioeconomic standing and social progression for both groups along with a consensus with how to cope with the past legacy of oppression. Until that happens, don't count on teamwork. African Americans will continue to think they're better than Africans and Africans will continues to think African American are too stupid, lazy, and criminal to take advantage of their American opportunities. While the world continues to laugh as one demographics continues to struggle to get on the same page with how to progress as a race.

But don't take my word for it:
7 Reasons why black Americans hate Africans
https://www.zambianobserver.com/7-re...hate-africans/

African vs. African-American
A shared complexion does not guarantee racial solidarity.

https://www.library.yale.edu/~fboateng/akata.htm

Why the relationship between Africans and African Americans is so messed up
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.96eb75ec0b66

The rift between African-Americans and recent African immigrants to the United States
https://www.theglobalist.com/african...grants-differ/

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-23-2018 at 03:08 PM..

Old 04-23-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Says the guy bragging about his false European background and fictional transgenerstional wealth without residing in either America or Africa.

African Americans fall under the umbrella of Africans. African Americans are also in the title of this thread so naturally the issues that plague both communities will arise as an explanation of the hostility both groups have with eachother.

Sorry for the breaking news. Unless you can point me to a dedicated African American, African Canadian, African Brazilian, African France, etc section we should all be posting in.

You are interested in not having anything related to do with Africans or African Americans a long with blaming outside forces for the problems of both communities in an endless game of victimization.

You’re not interested in the background and context of why Africans and African Americans routinely despise eachother, which has been clearly laid out by the current state of both the African American and African community on a global stage.

Believe it or not, the animosity and distrust between African Americans and Africans comes from the historical background and current socioeconomic issues both groups face, hence the history lesson. When I met an African on a train in the middle of South Korea, we talked about a few things, but at the end of the day went our separate ways. Why? Becasue despite having the same skin complexion and ancestry from Africa we are both in complete different mindset about the issues of our own communities.

Same for the African business owners I met in Japan, they actually studied and knew Japanese. Nevertheless you would never catch them conversing with the African Americans who were in Japan serving military tours or vice versa. Both groups generally don't want anything to do with he other. Why? Well, that's why we're having this sociology lesson. It explains why.

What would help African Americans and Africans come together? The increased socioeconomic standing and social progression for both groups along with a consensus agreement with how to cope with the past legacy of oppression. Until that happens, don't count on teamwork. African Americans will continue to think they're better than Africans and Africans will continues to think African American are too stupid, lazy, and criminal to take advantage of their American opportunities. While the world continues to laugh as one demographics continues to struggle to get on the same page with how to progress as a race.

But don't take my word for it:
https://www.zambianobserver.com/7-re...hate-africans/
It's verified via genetic testing and family records. And I love life in Europe.

You see it's not my job to truthfully even care how other people run their lives or how well they do.

It's up to other people to take care of THEIR business they way they see fit.

Btw, who would speak to military guys on bases in Japan? Political reasons alone would make that unpopular.

African Americans who have the personal resources to go to Africa itself have loved it, and there are plenty of online accounts that say this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LqKlVUWOoc

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b06fa6887df88d

http://www.timeforanawakening.com/20...u-s-to-africa/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34936103

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 04-23-2018 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-23-2018, 04:06 PM

7,437 posts, read 5,939,607 times
Quote:
Except they did something about being poor, just like me.

NYwriter dude just said we all use welfare. So you and him need to get on the same page.

They will also ask why you donít focus on 90% of black victims who were killed by black suspects. And all the other statistics that you refuse to accept that indicate the current social regression of the African American and African community. Perhaps when the out of wedlock birthdate jumps to 80% youíll finally pay attention.

Donít worry, you can read all about it:

Both outlined paths to their own success (military/college education) yet we blacks still believe its racism that prevents us from being Colin Powell and Condi Rice. No, thatís anti-intellectualism and self-inflicted issues thatís stopping us. Matter of fact black Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas doesnít believe in Affirmative Action so there goes your argument again.

You want to waste your time being a victim, be my guest. I live in Hawaii.

You really are ignorant if you think the number of people on welfare, and not the percentage of the demographic of those on welfare, is an accurate reflection on govemment dependence.

The statistics are not biased, racist, or come from Fox News

Well these lies got me an education, sportscar, house, and world travel so they must not be too bad.

I can only ponder why you believe someoneís black skin will prevent them from being a Colin Powell.

you are the ignorant one if you blame blacks for welfare when it is an established fact that most of the beneficiaries are NON HISPANIC whites. Take away Medicaid, disability payments and food stamps in states like KY and WV and you will have another Civil War. You fully well know who lives in those states.

How come you do not address the opioid epidemic that is rampaging through rural white communities. And this coming after meth which was a scourge not long ago. In fact black youths are considerably LESS likely to be alcoholics, drug abusers or cigarette smokers than white youths, these all causing quite a bit of crisis in many rural communities. Do you know that there are many white communities where employers cannot find new hires because so many fail drug tests or have real or faked disabilities (on social security disability). What about the fact that fewer white men of working age now actually work as many of them have "pain"?

In most parts of this country crime among blacks is DECLINING, much of it because there is declining drug use. On the other hand "crusties" (drug addicted whites) are increasingly turning to crime to pay for their addictions.

You cannot get into that because the people who pay you to damn blacks will cease paying you. Your job is to paint 90% of blacks (those who think that the GOP is a branch of the KKK) as welfare bums.

1. I don't hear you wailing about 90% of the white victims who are killed by other whites. What about this spate of mass killings engaged in by white males, another one just recently.

2. If 70% of blacks NEVER received welfare and if 70% of blacks are NOT poor then why your constant wails about black improvidence. DESPITE the fact that 90% of blacks vote Democrat 70% of blacks are NOT poor, and 70% NEVER received welfare. So your thesis that our support for the Democrats is because we receive welfare is plainly WRONG. Maybe we hate the GOP because the GOP LOVES the KKK and the Nazis and Donald Trump!

3. Collin Powell credits affirmative action for HIS upward mobility. Rice credits diversity initiatives for the fact that old white men understand that it is NOT just old white men who can do the job that she is currently doing. When they were urged to seek candidates outside of the traditional old white men, they found her. I bet you aren't going to claim that she is incompetent. NEITHER of them are Democrats. Their behavior is consistent with 70% of blacks who attempt to make the best lemonade with the dry lemons that as blacks they have been given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or