U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 04:11 PM

7,454 posts, read 5,956,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
But don't take my word for it:
7 Reasons why black Americans hate Africans
https://www.zambianobserver.com/7-re...hate-africans/

African vs. African-American
A shared complexion does not guarantee racial solidarity.
https://www.library.yale.edu/~fboateng/akata.htm

Why the relationship between Africans and African Americans is so messed up
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.96eb75ec0b66

The rift between African-Americans and recent African immigrants to the United States
https://www.theglobalist.com/african...grants-differ/

funny thing that Africans and African Americans get on BETTER than do African Americans and American whites. In fact American whites daily go out of their way to show that they hate blacks. That Starbucks episode being an indication.

Anyone who goes in there knows fully well that often one cannot get a seat because some white hipster is tapping away on his tablet WITH A DUNKIN coffee cup, clearly NOT buying from Starbucks. These guys were waiting for a white person who showed up late, so they were treated like criminals.

But I know that someone like you, who is paid by FOXNews will blame blacks for the fact that most whites clearly do not like us, even when we are strivers who are waiting in a store to conduct a business meeting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 09:19 PM

4,440 posts, read 4,431,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Don't link yourself with Collin Powell or even Condi Rice. They will quickly educate you about the history of this country and why blacks are disproportionately poor. They will also ask why your focus on the 70% who have NEVER received welfare social support and why your focus on the 30%. DESPITE the odious history of this country 70% of blacks worked hard to be independent and NOT depend on others for their survival.

BOTH Condi Rice and Collin Powell have been very vocal about racism and BOTH have advocated remedies to help blacks catch up. Yes BOTH favor forms of affirmative action.

Also note to you. 15% of the white population is LARGER than 30% of the black population so MORE whites depend on welfare than blacks, yet the anti black GOP peddles the lie that most welfare in this country goes to blacks. And nave as you are, eager to ingratiate yourself with somebody you lap it up with no thought.

I can only ponder why you eagerness to peddle the lies told to you by Sean Hannity.
Rocko20 is hilarious all that crap he posted all of which contradict his point, All of the highlight the majority of blacks are middle/working class and not in poverty or walfare.

On the far right there this guilt complex by some white conservative that feel history paints white as evil and whites are to blame for everything which doesn't make sense and completely inside there heads it's irrational thought or insecurity to have, and they take out this irrational complex out on minorities especially black people.

That where this "blame" thing come from, it's over the top abstract racist paranoia that in itself doesn't make sense. blaming what? for cutting us off from making the traffic light? Are blaming whites for taking all sprites at gas stations? It a completely abstract irrational thought. There are over 40 million black Americans and each person has there on path, success and failures for different reasons.

What happening there a straw man related to the very few civil right issues being pushed, but right wing are using ad nauseam and making issue black and white, so it longer to them are specific issues. but everything.

For example say you called a specific case police brutally. 1. The Right wing would straw man you saying you blaming whites for everything, 2. that you believe every accuser, 3. then bring up irrelevant stats that have nothing to do with that specific case. Rocko20 is doing this in a nutshell.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:01 AM

6,114 posts, read 1,849,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You see it's not my job to truthfully even care how other people run their lives or how well they do.
Which is why you can find another thread. To understand the animosity toward both groups you need to understand the background.

Welcome to your history lesson, the author is an African immigrant from Sierra Leone.
Quote:
To understand the deep division that exists between African Americans and Africans, one first has to examine the background of the two groups.

Before migrating to the United States, most Africans have typically dealt with white Americans who went to Africa as Peace Corps volunteers, missionaries, doctors or teachers. These Americans acted as mentors and guardians to the Africans and developed positive relationships with them.

When they come to the United States, it has been my experience that Africans can easily identify with white Americans because they understand each other. Before migrating to the United States, the majority of Africans have had little to no direct negative experiences with whites. They simply do not hate them.

On the other hand, most African-Americans grew up in black neighborhoods where they learned from older generations the history of slavery and the cruelty it inflicted on the black race. Furthermore, they have usually experienced firsthand and in their communities the legacies of racism that still exist in the United States.

With this background, many African-Americans are not generally predisposed to trust white Americans, and they look down on those African immigrants who express respect or admiration for white Americans.
Quote:
A fundamental difference between African Americans and African immigrants is the way they react to racism and discrimination.

African Americans usually see racism as the main cause of poverty among their people. They are also quick to point out instances of perceived racism, even in circumstances where it is ambiguous, unclear or more complex than simple racial bigotry or discrimination.

A classic example is the currently large African-American population in prison. Most African-Americans feel that the only reason there are so many African Americans incarcerated is their race. They blame police discrimination and lawmakers who make laws weighted to punish blacks.

For Africans, after suffering many years in civil wars, military coups and other problems, they are happy to be in a country that offers them freedom. They are ready to integrate into the American culture without getting involved in the lingering racial conflicts. They do not typically get involved in the ongoing civil rights struggle – and that has angered many African-Americans.
Quote:
Perhaps the greatest difference I have seen between African immigrants and African-Americans is how they react to adversity.

Most African immigrants to the United States came here for economic advancement. They do not have any political agenda. They are willing to take any job and do not blame the “system” when they fail in their endeavors.

Most African immigrants to the United States often live in mixed neighborhoods instead of black neighborhoods and they easily integrate. African immigrants know who they are. They are not easily offended when someone tries to put them down. They know where they come from and why they are here.

For African-Americans, there is often a tendency to blame slavery for most of the problems they face today. For instance, when African American students fail in school, some educators blame slavery and do not look for other factors.

However, the time has come for African Americans to realize that while racism still persists, the best thing they can do for their children is to teach them to take full responsibility for their actions. Fathers need to take care of their children and young women need to stay in school instead of having children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

You cannot get into that because the people who pay you to damn blacks will cease paying you. Your job is to paint 90% of blacks (those who think that the GOP is a branch of the KKK) as welfare bums.
My job is to show blacks (both African American and African) that their skin won't prevent them from succeeding in life, like the African immigrant did in the article above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Rocko20 is hilarious all that crap he posted all of which contradict his point, All of the highlight the majority of blacks are middle/working class and not in poverty or walfare.
The facts are facts. Numbers and statistics don't lie. Almost 40% of welfare recipients are African American yet they're only 13% of the American population. Every single welfare chart says the same. There is no racism or bias in a chart.

Even African immigrants in America routinely point out the sad state of African Americans and the detrimental effect of why both groups can't get a long, like in the article above.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-24-2018 at 01:23 AM..

Old 04-24-2018, 01:58 AM

24,260 posts, read 17,689,806 times
Quote:
Which is why you can find another thread. To understand the animosity toward both groups you need to understand the background.

Welcome to your history lesson, the author is an African immigrant from Sierra Leone.

My job is to show blacks (both African American and African) that their skin won't prevent them from succeeding in life, like the African immigrant did in the article above.
You aren't qualified to teach history. For that you need either a PhD (university level) or for k-12 history or social studies you need a masters in social studies education and a teaching license.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:05 AM

3,454 posts, read 946,897 times
Has anyone seen the latest Black Panther? Watch it, and then you will see why there is hostility between African Americans and Africans.

And as for personal experience when Africans meet AA, it's never turned out well. Now, Africans get along with the island Blacks just fine, like the Haitians and Jamaicans, but there is always this feeling of resentment from the African American towards the African. I also feel they resent the island folks as well. A former boyfriend of mine who is Haitian American thinks it's because the blacks in Africa and the islands control their own countries, cities and neighborhoods with no help from no one, so they have this pride about themselves, while the African Americans here have to have the white man prop them up to get anywhere (anywhere from welfare, to getting loans for college, to making millions from Hollywood or from a sports team, they are still working for and being propped up by the white man, and despite the AA being the third most dominating race in the US, they are surpassed by Latinos and Asians in small business ownership) and he thinks the AA victimized attitude also brings in this jealousy too, and those feeling are never good for the heart.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
You aren't qualified to teach history. For that you need either a PhD (university level) or for k-12 history or social studies you need a masters in social studies education and a teaching license.
Good, because I don't use history to stop me from success nor did the Sierra Leone immigrant in American who wrote that article.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Has anyone seen the latest Black Panther? Watch it, and then you will see why there is hostility between African Americans and Africans.

And as for personal experience when Africans meet AA, it's never turned out well. Now, Africans get along with the island Blacks just fine, like the Haitians and Jamaicans, but there is always this feeling of resentment from the African American towards the African. I also feel they resent the island folks as well. A former boyfriend of mine who is Haitian American thinks it's because the blacks in Africa and the islands control their own countries, cities and neighborhoods with no help from no one, so they have this pride about themselves, while the African Americans here have to have the white man prop them up to get anywhere (anywhere from welfare, to getting loans for college, to making millions from Hollywood or from a sports team, they are still working for and being propped up by the white man, and despite the AA being the second most dominating race in the US, they are surpassed by Latinos and Asians in small business ownership) and he thinks the AA victimized attitude also brings in this jealousy too, and those feeling are never good for the heart.
I've never met an African who is hostile to me, and I'm African American. Everyone I've ever met was pretty nice, and I've met Africans across the US and in Europe.

Actually, there's a lot of Africans in Europe. Though there is definitely a professional and working class of Africans, if you go to the Rambla in Barcelona you will see lots of African prostitutes, drug dealers, thieves, and homeless. It's hard to be an UNDOCUMENTED African immigrant in Europe, and Africans will directly say that.

In fact Africans in Europe tend to be jealous of me. As an upper middle class African American with two Ivy League degrees, it was much easier for me to get legal status, and as someone who is part Spanish, I qualify for citizenship.

In just a very small area African street merchants, if they are licensed, are permitted to sell things on the street. I've personally seen unlicensed African merchants being arrested by either the Spanish (national) or the Catalan (local) police.

People like you who know nothing about Black people should SHUT the H up.

African Americans in Europe are generally loved. Poor African Americans cannot get visas (they check your bank accounts in order to get a visa) and to be honest a dirt poor African American likely doesn't have a passport.

African Americans are loved in Africa itself, because those who have the money to reach Africa, have cash to spend. Ghana has a right of return law for African descended people. Of course they only take in the ones who have money......

But back to European citizenship. African Americans, depending on their family tree can get European citizenship more easily than the average African have. An African American with a German or Italian grandparent can get citizenship in those countries.

In order to easily get legal status in Europe, an African needs to be wealthy enough to buy a house or make major investments, and would have to prove long term financial viability. For Spain itself, anyone of Spanish descent or from the former Spanish colonial empire can easily get Spanish citizenship. But only one African nation falls under that domain, Ecquatorial Guinea. So Europe is cracking down on illegal immigration and they've had Arab North Africa block off the routes to Europe, to the point where Libya and others get to keep African refugees as slaves.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
while the African Americans here have to have the white man prop them up to get anywhere (anywhere from welfare, to getting loans for college, to making millions from Hollywood or from a sports team, they are still working for and being propped up by the white man, and despite the AA being the third most dominating race in the US, they are surpassed by Latinos and Asians in small business ownership) and he thinks the AA victimized attitude also brings in this jealousy too, and those feeling are never good for the heart.
I agree and good post, the amount of African Americans being propped up by white liberals due to welfare and the animosity they have toward African immigrants who just want to come to American and succeed needs to decrease. Your former Haitian boyfriend was right and it's refreshing to see someone here who understand how to read a chart.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:21 AM

Quote:
I agree and good post, the amount of African Americans being propped up by white liberals due to welfare and the animosity they have toward African immigrants who just want to come to American and succeed cued needs to decrease. Your former Haitian boyfriend was right and it's refreshing to see someone here who understand how to read a chart.
Yes. You're propped up by welfare too.....I hope you included yourself in that.

Old 04-24-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Yes. You're propped up by welfare too.....I hope you included yourself in that.
Welfare in hawaii with a degree, house, an sportscar? Welfare has never felt so good.

Thank you liberals. Me and Colin Powell appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or