Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 06:46 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Colin Powell isn't a conservative. He just played the game and he knew he had a quicker rise with the Republicans as he would be one of a few blacks.

I can't think of anything Colin has said that is conservative in terms of social policy. The fact that he'd endorse Obama over McCain and Romney tells you all that you need to know.
Collin Powell is conservative on feign policy.

Most black Republicans more conservative economical, government, feign policy, religion and etc, but tend be moderate or even liberal on civil right issues.
Quote:
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Cause he not stating political views or putting forth a concrete conservative argument. He pretty much cooning and trying hide behind calling it conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Default Whoopi was once a patriot not an "African American"

I've tried to document this for years :
A Gala for the President at Ford's Theatre (ABC Special 11/24/93)
https://youtu.be/awpehLTMN1c unfortunately does not show the entire evening.
If anyone has access to the ABC archive of the show you will find an interesting monologue by herself, Whoopi Goldberg, which I will have to paraphrase.
"We call ourselves "African Americans." Let me tell you all, I've been to Africa, and you don't want no part of that place. You should all be happy to be Americans. It's hot dirty, and nasty, and oh my the smell!"
All meant to be be funny. The discomfort shown by the First and Second couples was obvious.
Her conclusion was, "I'm proud to be an American."
Not the Whoopi we see today.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:09 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because he's another victim of the liberal agenda. Whenever blacks hold conservative views he automatically thinks they're white Russian trolls. Blacks aren't allowed to hold different political views, apparently. Only whites can be that complex.

I don't expect a successful black author on Amazon with a 600+ reviewed book asking liberals not to help blacks and why they've failed, to change NyWriterdude's mind either.
The literally nothing complex about your views their entirely base on assuming and counter factual points, And The irony of comment here is your trying to play victim

The responses your getting is because your comments are extremely xenocentric, not because of political views,

Last edited by chiatldal; 04-09-2018 at 07:23 PM..

Old 04-10-2018, 01:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Why is it hard for you to believe that blacks have different political views and can be shaped by life experiences to arrive at them? I doubt you're a writer you seem to lack imagination.
Where did I say all Blacks have the same political views?

With that said, why is it so hard for you to believe a white Russian trolls can claim to be Black in order to prove a point so that no one will accuse him of racism? He wants to hide behind being "Black" because a white person can't get away with what he said. Some of the stuff he said could get his posts deleted and he could be banned.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetsCoibginnieisracistmod View Post
We talking bout Carribean or those with African blood..
Caribbean people have African ancestry. God you people need go to back to school.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I've tried to document this for years :
A Gala for the President at Ford's Theatre (ABC Special 11/24/93)
https://youtu.be/awpehLTMN1c unfortunately does not show the entire evening.
If anyone has access to the ABC archive of the show you will find an interesting monologue by herself, Whoopi Goldberg, which I will have to paraphrase.
"We call ourselves "African Americans." Let me tell you all, I've been to Africa, and you don't want no part of that place. You should all be happy to be Americans. It's hot dirty, and nasty, and oh my the smell!"
All meant to be be funny. The discomfort shown by the First and Second couples was obvious.
Her conclusion was, "I'm proud to be an American."
Not the Whoopi we see today.
Whoopi should speak for herself.........

She'd be buried if she said that today.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Because he's another victim of the liberal agenda. Whenever blacks hold conservative views he automatically thinks they're white Russian trolls. Blacks aren't allowed to hold different political views, apparently. Only whites can be that complex.

I don't expect a successful black author on Amazon with a 600+ reviewed book asking liberals not to help blacks and why they've failed, to change NyWriterdude's mind either.
Yes, a white Russian troll. Because nowhere did I claim all Blacks have the same views. I did say your views are not the views of a sane, even semi functional Black person.

And it's not the "liberals" you need to worry about. With Backpage shut down (human trafficking) and Facebook under intense scrutiny, there's a political backlash against internet companies that allow all kinds of fake news and disinformation to be posted. One day City Data might be cleaned up..........

Old 04-10-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Sweet, I’m not a white Russia troll anymore. Just an educated black conservative veteran with solid points that you don’t tolerate from another black man.

Glad to see you’re not sticking to your baseless claims anymore, yet sadly still wasted your college education on victimization against whites and name-calling against blacks.

What a shame, our black community has a long way to go. I surely hope you haven’t publish anything with such simple view on life, not that anyone would bother to read it anyway.

Read the book and you’ll understand black conservatism and why the black community can no longer blame white people or the past for its problems.

If you don’t want to read I’ve taken the liberty of posting another great article that explains the failure of the liberal welfare state.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262...a-john-perazzo

As Carter G Woodson said:
My Ivy League degrees have made me a lot of money. So I'm pretty happy having an education, and I don't need to read idiotic articles or stupid books. In part because they are of no financial issue to me.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:57 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
My Ivy League degrees have made me a lot of money. So I'm pretty happy having an education, and I don't need to read idiotic articles or stupid books. In part because they are of no financial issue to me.
Those idiotic articles and stupid books clearly know more than what your Ivy League degree taught you.

But if you think the black community, largely in deterioration, will accomplish anything significant by blaming white people or waiting for politicians to legislate them out of poverty, you’ve again wasted your education.

But good job, I’m sure the rest of the black community who doesn’t even have a college degree or meet the median household income can live vicariously through you as they wait for Trump to bring those jobs back he promised.

This is the part where I show you crime, income, out of wedlock births, and obesity statistics but you admittedly don’t like facts.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-10-2018 at 10:12 AM..

Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
There's a reason why Blacks don't vote Conservative. Mainly due the fact that Conservatives believe that Blacks haven't made progress at all over the past forty years.
Being a black conservative has nothing to do with voting for a politician. Conservatism is not loyal to one politician party or the other nor does it require voting. Just like being a liberal doesn't require you to vote Democrat.

Political philosophies and elections are two entirely different things. Hence the reason Colin Powell, a conservative, supported Obama, a liberal.

And considering the abysmal state of the black community after decades of loyalty to one political party, it's pretty clear there will never be a pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
As Conservatives like yourself continue to believe that absolutely no progress has been made by Black Americans in the past several decades and continue to demonize Black people. Blacks in general will not vote Conservative.
Depends how you define progress. One one hand we just had a black president, on the other hand, the out of wedlock birthrate blacks is 72% and that was quoted directly by CNN's Don Lemon. 75% of African Americans are overweight or obese. That doesn't look like progress to anyone's definition of progress.

Blacks don't have to vote for anything, that's how we got in this mess. Voting for laws that penalize marriage and reward single parent households.

What Blacks have to do is stop blaming outside forces for their problems. And I say that as a black man who had to serve his country to escape poverty and finish his education. Blaming white people didn't get my house in Hawaii, Corvette in the drive way, and degree on the wall. Getting off my butt and doing something with my life got those things.

I'm more than happy for all those Democratic politicians and liberals who believe they are "fighting for my behalf" as they cash their six figure paychecks, I'll just enjoy my sportcar and paradise living in the meantime that had nothing to do with them.

Last edited by Rocko20; 04-11-2018 at 01:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa