Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2019, 03:35 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,529,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Also, however, many highly educated black men prefer to marry white women because "they know how to treat a man"... after all, chances are greater that a white woman grew up in a household headed by her father than the average black woman... and, as such, has more experience in *normal* married husband-wife relations.
Where is the evidence of this? Some ball players? Most educated black men marry educated black women. Most educated black men PREFER educated black women because they make better partners in their need to navigate themselves around white racism than will some clueless white woman who will babble nonsense like "I dont see skin color".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Still, stable homes are what is best for children. Children also do best with two married parents, if you believe the research. Fidelity to the marriage covenant is also what is best for married parents.

Research will show you two things.

1. Marriage rates among the white working class is now below 50%. This will suggest that a decent % of white working class kids are now born out of wedlock.

2. Because of the high divorce rates over 50% of American kids are NOT growing up with both biological parents. I will submit to you that kids from a broken home have more psychological issues than one where there were never two parents around.

Quit thinking that a legal arrangement guarantees nirvana when many in fact break this legal marital bond and do so often with anger and irrational behavior.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I previously posted in this thread links to research finding that children raised by married parents are better off for/in life than children raised by a single parent. That's THE research I was referring to if you want to go back and read it.
Yes a kid growing up in a house with two battling parents and domestic abuse is better off than one with a loving single parent.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Overdosing and direct suicide have lowered the life expectancy among white Americans, due to the deteriorating conditions in places like Appalachia and Oklahoma. And no, Trump has made no change in their condition and will not.
And yet people like 2ner devote their entire lives to ranting about these immoral negroes. In fact what befell the black under class is now impacting working class whites. And as we can see the results are the same. When local economies collapse this leads to dysfunctional families and self medication. This was true among poorer blacks in the early 60s and now among poorer whites in 2019.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:34 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,461,611 times
Nope nope nope. We are not starting any "reparations" story in the 20th century. Recent black immigrants think they are slick with that. For the record, I don't give a hoot about reparations because that is not how justice will come. America will pay for her dirty deeds going back to the 16th century or earlier because that's how far back this rabbit hole goes. It's deeper than that, but we don't want to confuse the class.

Old 02-15-2019, 03:05 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Nope nope nope. We are not starting any "reparations" story in the 20th century. Recent black immigrants think they are slick with that. For the record, I don't give a hoot about reparations because that is not how justice will come. America will pay for her dirty deeds going back to the 16th century or earlier because that's how far back this rabbit hole goes. It's deeper than that, but we don't want to confuse the class.
Okay chicken little when is the sky going to fall?

Old 02-16-2019, 07:14 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,572,574 times
Quote:
Of course some of them will struggle here. You cannot compare the 1% of a third world nation to the 1% of a developed nation. It's like someone who can live well in rural Alabama thinking they can have the same lifestyle if they lived in New York City. A very select group of people gets to come to America. It is not some random process left to chance. America knows who she allows within her borders, and it ain't the low people on the totem pole. We have our own poor to deal with. Why would we accept someone else's? That's why they have such a problem with the border. These people aren't the "right" kind of immigrants.
I think you misunderstood my post. I was disagreeing with rovia who says that African immigrants are "well off" and "well educated".

Plus, I was referring to the *refugees* who came from Africa, not the group of African immigrants you are referring to.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:49 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,461,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
I think you misunderstood my post. I was disagreeing with rovia who says that African immigrants are "well off" and "well educated".

Plus, I was referring to the *refugees* who came from Africa, not the group of African immigrants you are referring to.
rovia is right though. America is not accepting any dirt poor Africans OR refugees unless it's a part of some social experiment. People assume that most black immigrants are poor when it is the exact opposite. Imagine if there was another civil war in the US and all the working class and poor people got together to attack the 1%. If they fled to another country, they would only be "poor" because they have to start from scratch in a new place. Ask some of those cab drivers what their occupation was in their home country. That's why it's laughable when black immigrants come here and crap on black Americans. First, because they wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the Civil Rights movement. The only reason they are here is because America didn't want to give black Americans what they were rightfully owed, so they got look-alikes who could take their place. Look-alikes who aren't going to challenge them because they can ship them back where they came from if they get out of pocket. Citizenship is only a right for those born on this soil.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:26 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The USA and the UK get a better pick of African immigrants than does continental Europe. In both countries they are among the most educated migrant groups, and this is especially true for those from Anglophone nations. Europe gets the economic refugee type, most arriving as undocumented migrants.

Nigerian immigrants in the USA have median household incomes equivalent to that of the average American, this based on the ACS. This means that large numbers are in the middle class. The issue is that they are much more educated than is the average white American, and in fact even more than Asian Americans. Their household incomes lag behind Indian immigrants, which suggests that they face challenges that Indians dont. So its not just being immigrants.
Not all African immigrants to the US are Nigerian, and not all come educated. Somalis come to the US has refugees.

Nigerians are also educated in ENGLISH, making moving to another Anglo country speaking. Keep in mind lots of African nations are French speaking, some are Portuguese speaking, and some are French and Arab speaking. Francophone African immigrants are MUCH poorer than Nigerians, and you very rarely see Francophone African doctors or other professionals.

The only other African nation I see a lot of professional immigrants in large numbers is Ghana, but that's another English speaking nation.

It's like saying Asians are all highly successful when in NYC Asians are the poorest racial group and you have lots of Chinese illegals living 50 to a house (ditto lots of South Asians).

There's ridiculous amount of misinformation put out there.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
rovia is right though. America is not accepting any dirt poor Africans OR refugees unless it's a part of some social experiment. People assume that most black immigrants are poor when it is the exact opposite. Imagine if there was another civil war in the US and all the working class and poor people got together to attack the 1%. If they fled to another country, they would only be "poor" because they have to start from scratch in a new place. Ask some of those cab drivers what their occupation was in their home country. That's why it's laughable when black immigrants come here and crap on black Americans. First, because they wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the Civil Rights movement. The only reason they are here is because America didn't want to give black Americans what they were rightfully owed, so they got look-alikes who could take their place. Look-alikes who aren't going to challenge them because they can ship them back where they came from if they get out of pocket. Citizenship is only a right for those born on this soil.
Where do you live?

African immigrants in large numbers come to just a few states. Go to NYC/NJ and you will definitely come across dirt poor Africans. I was an ESL teacher, and I taught dirt poor Africans from Francophone countries in a program paid for the city (so these people paid nothing for the class).

Black immigrants do not come to the US all well off, and many of them do indeed come from countries with other official languages just as French, Portuguese, Spanish (please don't resurrect any stupid Latino identity debates), Arabic, etc.

I've taught a number of BLACK immigrants ESL, who spoke French, Portuguese, and Spanish when I lived in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa